Welcome!

Led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Welcome!

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

Welcome to “And the Oscar Goes To, Take 1: Muggle Movie Magic from the 1990’s”. I am Prof. Gustavo Flores from Ravenclaw House, and I am very thrilled and excited to teach you this brand new class!

The Academy Awards, better known as “The Oscars”, is an Award Ceremony to celebrate the best of the best of cinema every year, through different categories: directing, acting, art design, screenplay writing, music, sound design, visual effects and much more! Every year I wait anxiously to learn about the nominations and the actual ceremony to see which are the best movies according to the Academy of Film and Arts.

If you are just like me, then this class is the perfect class for you! We will spend the year learning about films who received Oscar nominations, and if you have the possibility, you can even watch some of them, re-live some of your favorite classics or maybe add some movies to your “To-Watch” list!

LESSONS
"And the Oscar Goes To, Take 1", being a full-year class, consists of ten lessons, a mid-class project and a final project. In each lesson we will cover a different year from the 1990’s decade, and we will learn about the highlights of the award ceremony, the Oscar winners for different categories, and we will reveal a Top 3. The films the made it into the Top 3 are the ones we are going to analyze deeper, and learn about important and fun facts for each of the selected movies.

ASSIGNMENTS
Each term, there will be five assignments worth 30 points each and five extra credits worth 20 points each. That will make a total of 250 points per term. The remaining 50 points can be earned by completing the mid-class project during Term 1 and the final project during Term 2.

QUILL REQUIREMENTS
in order to pass this class and earn a quill I’m only asking you to earn at least 180 points.

You can work at your own pace! You decide if you turn in your assignments in a monthly basis or by the end of term. Whichever you choose, just keep in mind that the final due date to submit all of your work is JANURAY 15th, 2024 for the first term (Lessons 1-5), and JUNE 10th for the second term (Lessons 6-10)

AWARDS
This class offers you the opportunity to earn 4 different shiny awards!! But it is your job to find out how to earn them!! If you are a hard-working student, I promise you will find more than one added to your Treasures!

* The Oscar
* Movie Magic
* Pop-Corn Enthusiast
* Director’s Cut

if you have any more questions, please feel free to send me a HOL message. I will answer you as soon as possible! I hope to see you in class!!

Class e-mail: oscarmovies.hol @ gmail.com

Return to “And the Oscar Goes To, Take 1”