Playlist Names

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Playlist Names

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

With our very progressive move to digital media applications like spotify and apple music making it even easier to consume our very favourite songs and albums we can create our own playlists reminiscant of the classical mixtape of the 80's...which gets me thinking...what are we to name them?

Do you have a favourite playlist you have made? What is its name? Why did you name it that?

My favourite from my own personal collection is "Songs that belong in a movie" :D

Tags:
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Re: Playlist Names

Post by Aurelia West »

Honestly I don’t make too many new playlists unless I feel the need, but I really enjoy having some that match particular moods. I have a few I’ve made that I really enjoy though they don’t have the most interesting of names. Earlier this year I created ‘Discovered 5/25’ naturally for songs that I discovered on that day, though I have added several other songs that match that mood by now. Another one that I’ve just started I named ‘at sunset’ which I like but need to add more to.

I mostly find myself playing the playlists I’ve created for teaching in order to choreograph combinations, but another one I tend towards is called ‘Jacket Weather.’
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I have a rather eclectic taste in music, which is reflected in my playlists. Seriously, I like everything from Imagine Dragons to Luciano Pavarotti and anything in between. Naturally, my playlists usually reflect that; blame my Aquarian nature, I suppose. I don't get too creative with names, but here goes:

-Workout Music
-Rock It Out
-Me Time
-Culture Club (mainly opera)
-Steampunk Extravaganza
-Goth/Alternative
-YeeHaw (country)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Some of my current playlists are titled: Samhain, Be Easy, Top of the Spire, & It Trickles!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Jay Silverwood
No broom

Post by Jay Silverwood »

My favourite playlist has every single song I like listening to in it (it used to have over 1000 songs but I had a bit of a cleanup) and it's called "anything and everything, all of the time" as a nod to Bo Burnam's "Welcome to the Internet". My playlists all have those randomly generated AI pictures where you upload a photo and type a prompt and it edits your photo into that prompt (my photo was a picture of my partner and I and the prompt dragons and they all make great playlist covers)!

Return to “Music Talk”