Who's your favorite artist/singer ?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Who's your favorite artist/singer ?

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I was going through the music page , when I noticed there wasn't anywhere to post about your favourite artist or singer. Well, I thought about making a new topic then :D . Okay, enough of that...going straight to the topic.

My favorite artist is Billie Eilish. I like her type of music and her rock pop version and also dark pop :) . And her songs like , 'Ocean eyes', 'six feet under' and 'I love you' are my current all time favorites.Not saying no to her 'bad guy' :) And taking my favorite singer, It's Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran inspires me most other than other musicians a lot.

So let us know who's your favorite singer or artist? What songs are your favorites from them? Why do they inspires you? Please remember to keep your posts HOL appropriate !

Tags:
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: Who's your favorite artist/singer ?

Post by Emily Spencer »

I have rather eclectic tastes in music, so it's hard to really pinpoint a favorite artist or genre. For me, it actually depends on the day and my mood at the time. I literally could be listening to Carrie Underwood one day and Pavarotti the next.

But for the sake of discussion, I would say that my favorite artist right now would be either Imagine Dragons or Katy Perry. Imagine Dragons for the grittiness of their style and the whole indie vibe which I am really into at the moment. Katy Perry just has a beautiful, powerful voice and her lyrics really resonate with me. Girl power and all that B)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Akina Wall
No broom

Post by Akina Wall »

Hi, fellow music lovers!
I listen to a really big range of music so it's hard to choose a favourite. I have a few bands who are really close to me and they are Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Big Thief. They all bring a completely different sound to the stage but their lyrics are well thought out and not your typical cup of tea. My favourite solo artist is definitely Aurora. Her music is both inspiring and has this fairy feeling to it.

Reading the previous replies, I have to say I really like Billie Eilish too, mostly her acoustic songs. Her voice is simply breathtaking.
Avery Beckett
No broom

Post by Avery Beckett »

AJR. They have a cool range of sound, and all of their songs resonate with me. Even their silliest songs, such as Netflix Trip, have a deeper meaning. They’re all amazing people and aren’t afraid to speak their mind in their music.
Augusta Daedalus
No broom

Post by Augusta Daedalus »

My favorite band is One Direction but I also love all their solo works (especially Louis). I also really like Ricky Montgomery, girl in red and Silver Sphere
Michael Notre
No broom

Post by Michael Notre »

my favorite artist right now is Imagine Dragons my second would have to be green day but it's a very close call I love the Indie vibe from Imagine Dragons they play right to my heart I went to a concert the other year and I loved it they are my official favorite and I think they will be for a long time
Mars Huffle
No broom

Post by Mars Huffle »

Loic Nottet!
Amelie Phelps
No broom

Post by Amelie Phelps »

I have a lot of artists I really like! In many genres! And I can never say I have a favorite song, because of the large variety. Nevertheless, I have come up with a short list of artists I listen to on repeat!

Artists:
Adele | AURORA | Billie Eilish | Ben Platt
Bruno Mars | Conan Gray | Demi Lovato | Dodie Clark
Ed Sheeran | FINNEAS | Harry Styles | Hayley Kiyoko
Katy Perry | King Princess | Melanie Martinez | My Chemical Romance
One Direction | Panic! at the Disco | Ruth B. | Selena Gomez
Sia | Taylor Swift | Troye Sivan

artists in bold are sort of my most listened to in the past few months!

Musical Soundtracks:
Be More Chill | Beetlejuice | Dear Evan Hansen
Hamilton: An American Musical | Heathers: The Musical
Falsettos | Les Misérables | Mean Girls | Six | Waitress
Savina Flemming
No broom

Post by Savina Flemming »

I love so many but if I had to pick some they would be:

Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, One direction, Olivia Rodrigo, Ariana Grande....

and so many more I just don't want to list them all
Acedia Lycoris
No broom

Post by Acedia Lycoris »

It's Melanie Martinez! Her music always gives me chill. She's so underrated.
Willow Carter
No broom

Post by Willow Carter »

Lora Wallabenger wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 am I was going through the music page when I noticed there wasn't anywhere to post about your favorite artist or singer. Well, I thought about making a new topic then :D. Okay, enough of that...going straight to the topic.

My favorite artist is Billie Eilish. I like her type of music and her rock-pop version and also dark pop :). And her songs like, 'Ocean eyes', 'six feet under' and 'I love you are my current all-time favorites. Not saying no to her 'bad guy' :) And taking my favorite singer, It's Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran inspires me most other than other musicians a lot.

So let us know who's your favorite singer or artist? What songs are your favorites from them? Why do they inspire you? Please remember to keep your posts HOL appropriate!
My favorite artist has stayed Taylor Swift since forever. But I also really enjoy listening to Katy Perry, Tate McRae, and Shawn Mendes.
Annabelle Krum
No broom

Post by Annabelle Krum »

My favorite musician of all time would end up being Tyler Joseph, who's part of Twenty One Pilots.
I have been a fan of their music since before they were even a known band. I first heard Migraine about 8 years about in 2013, and have been in love since. I'm hopeful to get to see them in concert soon, but real life events have since complicated that. I can remember the release of Trench being so hyped, the first time I heard Jumpsuit I got chills.
Anything alt rock or punk rock is my style. I grew up listening to Green Day and Panic! at the Disco and all kinds of bands like that, so the genre has been following me for a long time.
Cosmolore Turion
No broom

Post by Cosmolore Turion »

I generally have super diverse musical tastes, but that means I'll try to listen to anything and like it! Being impartial to whether I like the music or not so I can perform is well is my job, after all...

Classical - Debussy & Chopin are hauntingly beautiful. I'm a sucker for Romantic piano. Gershwin & Barber are also just amazing composers in general.
Rock - Boston, Aerosmith, The Who, Santana, The Grateful Dead... the list goes on, really. There are so many 'greats' of rock music.
Metal - Judas Priest & Yngwie Malmsteen. I can name a few others, but those two stand out for their virtuosity and musical style. Genre defining, if you ask me.
Electronic - Daft Punk & Tangerine Dream. EDM Is now a very all-encompassing and diverse label, but it's definitely thanks in part to these two legends. Alive (2007) is possibly one of the best live albums of EDM that exists (in my opinion!)
Jazz - Miles Davis & Herbie Hancock. Talk about revolutionary artists, how about artists that were 20-30 years ahead of their time? Wonderful music if you enjoy jazz, Hancock is more electro-funk and jazz fusion while Davis is the 'cool' jazz master.
Luna-Love Swan
No broom

Post by Luna-Love Swan »

My favorite singer of all time is Aaliyah. Her voice was so beautiful and I absolutely love all of her songs. Unfortunately she passed away in 2001 which made me super sad.
Jay Silverwood
No broom

Post by Jay Silverwood »

I go through really strong intensity phases with artists, past phases including Twenty One Pilots, Linkin Park and Taylor Swift. Right now I really love Badflower and I'm off to see a Surf Curse concert next month! I've already been to a Bring Me The Horizon concert before which was such an experience and they were my favourite band at the time (I still like them a lot now)
Elizabeth Hermione
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Hermione »

My favourite singer is Ariana Grande
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I love Taylor Swift, but I'm also a big fan of Rosé from Blackpink.
Rey Leigh
No broom

Post by Rey Leigh »

I have such a broad music taste like I listen to everything, except country!! Although I think my favorite artists would be Steve Lacy and Frank Ocean.
Dallas Orion
No broom

Post by Dallas Orion »

I like a ton of different artists/musicians, but my all-time favorite is probably Taylor Swift. I've been listening to her heavily for about ten years, since she released the original Red album.
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

I love this question! My absolute favorites are Taylor Swift (I have no idea what I'd be doing right now without her music and talent), Conan Gray, Marina, and Melanie Martinez. I also love Sabrina Carpenter and Olivia Rodrigo. They are lyrical geniuses with beautiful voices - the first time I listened to them, I fell in love :lol:

Return to “Music Talk”