Holiday Music in December

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Holiday Music in December

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Hello everyone! I can't believe we have already entered the month of December! Time is just flying by.

I know that HOL is world wide so I am interested in seeing do you have any holiday songs that you have to listen to when you celebrate the holidays?

For me, I live in the USA, so we celebrate Christmas. As my husband will tell you, I am NOT happy unless I hear I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch in December. I may be a full grown adult but I still wouldn't mind a Hippopotamus myself lol.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Tags:
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Holiday Music in December

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

Every year I like to listen to three songs. These are "This Christmas (I'll burn it down)", "Santa Claws", and "I won't be home for Christmas."
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Though my family doesn't always observe Chanukah, I love listening to (and even singing, though only as part of a group) two of the Hebrew songs associated with lighting the candles: Haneirot Halalu (roughly translated as "Those Candles") and Maoz Tzur ("Stronghold of Rock"). In fact, these are some of my overall favourite Hebrew songs associated with the various festivals. I enjoy these songs not necessarily for their meaning, but rather the sound, emotion and vibrance of them (although this does depend on the tune).

When I was much younger, I really liked the Chanukah song Sevivon ("Dreidel" / "Spinning Top"). The catchy upbeat tune was hard to resist and, after listening to it a short while ago, the first stanza is now stuck in my head.
Tia Ksawer
No broom

Post by Tia Ksawer »

I am extremely fond of the album "A New Thought For Christmas" by Melissa Ethridge. I don't like all the songs, but most of them are really good. Her cover of "O Night Divine" in particular was awesome. And also, being something of a World Music buff, I really like the album "Putumayo Presents Christmas Around The World". It's a pity you can't get it on Amazon Music. You can get it on YouTube though. Superb.

Return to “Music Talk”