Round and Round

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Round and Round

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

One thing I've noticed lately is that I tend to get songs stuck in my head that I don't particularly like. I hear the music somewhere, am not fond of the lyrics, yet still find myself singing to it in my head or humming it out loud. I have that issue with a particular Demi Lovato song I heard the other day on campus.

Does this happen to anyone else? Thoughts on why it happens?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Tags:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Round and Round

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Yes, this happens. I don't mind it too much if it is a song I like or love. Sometimes I'll have Ode to Joy stuck in my head or something from Enya (Celts) or perhaps Discombobulate (soundtrack Sherlock Holmes) or something else I can name and hum or sing.

HOWEVER, there was one tune which got caught in my head and I point my finger directly at Cody Lewis for it -- he had put it in the Dungeons for Scales one Christmas ... It's the theme song to the Kamikaze Rabbit (aka Winter Bells click). Once I played it, I have found myself driving along humming a tune and wondering 'what IS that thing!?' and <_<
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: Round and Round

Post by Gail Allen »

Yes! That happens to me too. And it's absolutely horrible. With me it's very often snippets of Christmas songs that get stuck when we're talking about songs getting stuck that I didn't even like to begin with - because let's face it, when I get a song stuck on my brain chances are I won't like it after a while.

But for me sometimes I get a line or two of a Christmas song and it's not even limited to Christmas time where I would conceivably have heard that song.

Why they get stuck I have no idea, but I wish I knew so I could maybe avoid it XD

Return to “Music Talk”