New Albums with a Different Sound

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

New Albums with a Different Sound

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

One of my favorite bands, Jamestown Revival, just came out with their new album, The Education Of A Wandering Man. Its much more country than their previous folksy-blue albums before.

I find i'm always excited for bands to give me more music, but many of the bands with more than one album tend to change the style of their music for each album. Many times this reflects the parts of life that songwriter is going through at the time, sometimes its just bands trying something new (like the Bee Gees, who were originally a Beatlesque act that delved into psychedelic and folk rock before hitting those high notes and becoming the disco duo we remember today).

What are some of your favorite bands that have switched genres, even if its only for an album or two?

Tags:
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: New Albums with a Different Sound

Post by Marie Dark »

Ok.... this aging me... but when Madonna changed her style from 80's to (who knows what) the 90's.... that she jumped all over the musical spectrum from Dance to pop to Disco then to Sultry and then back to pop/Dance..... I basically went along for the ride like everyone else did.... lol
My other band is Depeche Mode and their sounds changed recently but not too much... but now that the Lead singer Dave Gahanna has a daughter Stella Rose, performing along side.... it's actually a really good sound.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Can we talk about Taylor Swift's new album coming out next month? First of all, I have the singles that have been released stuck on repeat in my head. It's definitely an edgier Taylor, and I've always been a fan of her music, but I really feel like she's trying to make a statement with this album and I admire her for it. While I do miss some of the old Taylor sound, she's really come into her own over the years moving from country pop to pop and I don't see her stopping anytime soon. Any thoughts? Are you a fan of her or not so much? Do you like the new sound, or do you prefer her older music?
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

oh yes!! I just watched "Ready For It" today and I love it! She's really stepped up and clearly has stopped with the kitchy songs to put out something with a stronger message
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

As was already mentioned, I love the Bee Gees and they definitely went in a different direction along with Taylor Swift. I love Taylor Swifts new songs. I also love Johnny Cash when he was doing his country music but he did change later into more Christian music.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Return to “Music Talk”