And she'll be right here in my arms
So in Love
She'll be right here in these arms
She can't let go

Tags:
Gabrielle Walker
No broom

Post by Gabrielle Walker »

Well, I am in my school band and symphony as playing trumpet. Then, on the side, I have decided to learn piano, flute, and recorder. I was also in chorus and do believe the voice to be yet another instrument I have learned to use.
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena »

My main instrument that I play is the viola. I can play some on the violin and cello, but my disadvantage in both of those (and with any other instrument, really) is I can't read treble or bass cleff very well. I was in the percussion a few years ago in my school's marching band, and played the keyboards and timpani. I'm trying to teach myself guitar, and can play some simple songs by ear.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Konoka Hanajima
No broom

Post by Konoka Hanajima »

I can play practically all those insturments listed. I know how to play the bass, guitar, piano, and limited amount on the drums. In my school I play the flute and the piccolo.
made in sig an av palace by hena
Alexandra Rowley
No broom

Post by Alexandra Rowley »

I'm one of the best cellist out there! ...ok, well, not one of the best, but I sure am good! I've placed 1st chair every since the 8th grade, made Varsity in my freshmen year, and continuously made it to Region. *dances* I have my very own cello; tis my pride and joy! ^___^
"This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting."
"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death—if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." - Snape
Wand: Spruce, 10½ inches, unicorn mane
Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Rachel Selenia »

I play both piano and flute, and a little bit guitar, bass and drums. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Rachel Selenia || Hufflepuff || Professor Emeritus
Alianne Rutherford
No broom

Post by Alianne Rutherford »

I play the flute, but I'm rather out of practice now. It's been a while since I've been able to play one. I'd reallyy like to learn how to play piano though.
Tia Sem
No broom

Post by Tia Sem »

flute, piano, electirc guitar and acoustic guitar for me...im learning to play drums
Tia Sem
<Sig. made by Bridgette Medwin...Thank You!>

Post by Blake Slatton »

I play trumpet primarily, although I am learning picollo and percussion. XD I absolutely LOVE playing trumpet - it's the best instrument to have for both concert and marching seasons in band. XD
Alte Sententiam | Pensieve Opinion Staff
Ravenclaw Book Club | Writer's Society

Sig made by Vladimir of Sig 'N 'Av Palace
Blake McMichael
No broom

Post by Blake McMichael »

All of the above actually. I'm best at guitar (6-string, 12-string, acoustic, electric) and piano. I started both when I was 6. I picked up a bass for the first time last year, and it's becoming my favorite instrument, but I'm not that good. I've been playing drums for three years, and I've recently become pretty coordinated. And by taking piano, I'm forced to play classical music, which I don't really like. I'm planning on trying saxophone sooner or later.
Faye Laramie
Oakshaft 79

Post by Faye Laramie »

I started piano sort of late (at 12) but at think at one point I got really good with the classical stuff, but now I have certain tastes. I can't STAND playing classical music anymore unless it's Debussy (Impressionist music), or really, really interesting. I'm still partial ot Bach's Sinfonias, if that makes any sense at all. I still like Chopin's preludes, impromptus and etudes, but I'm not motivated to learn the complex fingering anymore.

I've been leaning towards a lot of "New Age" stuff - I like David Lanz but sometimes my hands are too small. I also wish there were more piano players in today's music - I've been playing a lot of Tori Amos lately and if she could hear me, she'd probably groan and say "mangle someone else's music already!"

I know Coldplay and Keane both use keyboards ad their main melody instrument instead of guitar, but it has to be an actual piece, not sound empty without the other instruments. I'm really picky *g*

The other instrument I "play", and I do count this as an instrument, is voice. It's probably one of the MOST difficult instruments to master, because your voice can be so capricious. It takes years and years to learn how to sing properly (with your diaphram), and I still don't believe I've got it yet. Singers need to warm up and practice scales just like playing another instrument, but they have to take much better care of their voice.

I think I'm also getting guitar lessons in the fall. Well, I might have to choose between guitar and bellydancing. But I really want to learn how to play guitar -- when you go to sing a song it's much easier accompanying yourself on a guitar than it is to lug a piano around!
Glumbumble pie.
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

Hardcore classical here, even though I suppose two of mine can be used for other things.

My primary instrument is the oboe (/English horn, because all oboists can play both, I just don't own one), which is about as hardcore classical as they come. Oboe, alas, can't be used for anything else but classical, except some contemporary I guess. It's my main instrument for years and I hope to go to college on it. I play oboe in my school band (ack!), but also in my (far better) youth orchestra where I'm second oboe. Next year I pray I might be in a chamber ensemble of some sort, as I know I can do it now. I just started making my own reeds...dun dun DUN! Oboe is awesome, though.

My second is violin which I've only been doing for just under a year. I LOVE violin, it's such an amazing instrument. It's hard though...I'm just getting to the hard parts now, the shifting and vibrato and such. You can be classical and like jazz country and whatever on violin, it's really versatile. I hope next year to be in a youth orchestra with that because my teacher seems to think I can do it. I'm just boggled at the idea /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

My last is flute which I just started in April out of the kindness of my heart. See up until April I had no thought of ever touching a flute. Then my friend said she didn't know what to do with hers...her terribly abused flute, she dented the poor thing several times and left it in a horrid environment. I just felt so bad I said I'd take it and learn flute, and now, hey, I play the flute. Going to be in the lesser school band with it, and hopefully someday in addition to regular flute I can find a bass flute which is my dream instrument. Bass flutes are so gorgeous /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Yeah you've got here a top quality music dork /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I'm going to college to major in instrumental music education/performance. Going to be a teacher and a musician, so maybe someday you take a trip to Broadway and look in the pits hopefully you'll see me there /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy »

I play piano and guitar. My dad is ina band so he has like 6 guitars and he taught me how to play a couple songs.
meh
Samuel Craft
No broom

Post by Samuel Craft »

I used to be able to play the violin, piano, and guitar. I played them all in middle school and then I stopped once I got into high school.
Signature & Avatar by the Sig N Av Palace
Samuel Craft // Hufflepuff // Sixth Year // Student Teacher - Factions of Superheroes
Ben Ackerman
No broom

Post by Ben Ackerman »

I can play piano and a little bit of drums.... Now I'm learnin how to play my dad's guitar /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

I play flute and piccolo and am learning guitar and piano.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Livia Taro
No broom

Post by Livia Taro »

I used to play the flute. But now I play the piano
Peaches Squangler
No broom

Post by Peaches Squangler »

i played the piano for about 6 years...but i'm kind of on a little 'break' now... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> but i'm getting back into it!!!
Eleanor Chambers
Oakshaft 79

Post by Eleanor Chambers »

I play the alto saxophone. I prefer classical, but I also do jazz. I also play the flute and clarinet.

Does voice count? If so, that too.
`,'.
[color=996633]/
ELLA|[/color]| Gryffindor| Fourth Year |
Anna Blackwell
No broom

Post by Anna Blackwell »

ive played the violin for ten years now. and i sing. a lot.

Return to “Music Talk”