Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Nina Gennusa
No broom

Post by Nina Gennusa »

I play the piano, clarinet, and tenor saxophone. I play the piano for pleasure, the clarinet for concert band, and tenor saxophone for jazz band and this year I get to be lead tenor!

Tags:
Kate Quinn
No broom

Post by Kate Quinn »

I play the piano, cello, and I'm a percussionist...not all at the same time, of course :P . I've played the piano for about 22 years or so, just for fun. I taught myself how to play and have never had lessons but it's fun :) . I was a percussionist for 7 years in school and was in an African Marimba band for about two years. And I recently started cello lessons because I've always found it to be a beautiful instrument.
Thanks to Brie MacKenna for the banner! :)

"Not all those who wander are lost."
Jessamine Quick
No broom

Post by Jessamine Quick »

I used to play the flute, the clarinet, and the violin. I abandoned them all one by one over time, and I'm so sorry I did, particularly the violin. In fact, I can't pass a pawn shop or music store without checking out their instrument inventory and pining over the strings. Someday I intend to reteach myself how to play.
Proud Hufflepuff
Go Spiffies! Badgers for the cup!
Rosemarie Halliwell
No broom

Post by Rosemarie Halliwell »

I play a little piano, a little guitar, and a little percussion stuff like timpani, bass drums.. I played clarinet a long time ago, but I prefer to not think of such painful memories..

No offense to the people who play the clarinet, of course. It just wasn't for me at all and I had a pretty horrible teacher..
Rosemarie Halliwell + ro996 + Slytherin
SQT + We shall conquer. <3
9.75" Willow and Unicorn Tail Hair + 6th Year Prefect
Tsubasa Kuromiya
No broom

Post by Tsubasa Kuromiya »

I could play most wind and percussion instruments when I was in the band...but I just can't play strings. I cannot play a piano, guitar or violin. O.O

I played on the flute and piccolo most. Trumpet and saxophone are my second.

And...I'm a horrid singer. ^^;
"There is no coincidence in this world, only hitsuzen."
Cailin Jones
No broom

Post by Cailin Jones »

I play mainly the cornet. But I'm also not that bad at the piano (probably better than the cornet, but it's much more fun with it). I also try to learn to play the guitar. I tried once to play the flute, but with no great sucess. Still, I want to buy me myself one so I can play.
Kaydence Weaber
No broom

Post by Kaydence Weaber »

I play the violin... But I'd like to take up drumming too, if possible...
Enid Labs
No broom

Post by Enid Labs »

I play like a hobby the guitar, but I know a litte how to play the drum and the piano :)
Enid Labs||en602||First year Student||PPC Member||HOL Book Club Member

Life can be awful if you aren't able to see it's bright side.
Elle Xander
No broom

Post by Elle Xander »

I play the trumpet, that's my main instrument. I'm also self-taught on the guitar and I know just a teeny bit of keyboard.

adventurer and general mischief maker
♥ 1st Year Gryffindor | Spice Squad | HOL PPC | HOL Book Club | Parchment
Bella Coupland
No broom

Post by Bella Coupland »

I currently don't play an instrument but I've secretly always wanted to learn to play the violin. If anyone knows where I should start (whether I should buy myself one or just get lessons etc) that would be much appreciated!
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I play the guitar.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Benjamin Fraser
No broom

Post by Benjamin Fraser »

I had to learn flute at school - looking back at it now, it was not so terrible because I learned a lot of music theory that was very helpful later on.
I started playing the guitar when I was 14. In the end, it was sort of a financial question. Both guitar and piano seemed to be instruments I wanted to learn but guitar was the one I could afford, so I ended up playing the guitar. Two years ago, I also started learning to play the frame drum. I have always been into all the medieval stuff - markets, events, music... and frame drum really is an amazing instrument. Now all there is left to do is to finally go and take some piano lessons.
It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.
Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew -
and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.
Iris Ixchel
No broom

Post by Iris Ixchel »

I started playing the piano when I was 3 but don't have one atm :( I play flute, cello, violin, viola and guitar right now and will start learning the harp next year. I also collect antique violins and restore them.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I've played the piano for 10 years. I started taking lessons when I was six, and I still take private lessons to keep my skill up and continue in my knowledge of theory. I want to learn how to play the violin, but I don't have the time with school and dance. Maybe when I'm older I can take lessons for fun.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Electra Walker
No broom

Post by Electra Walker »

I used to play piano, clarinet and trumpet! I took piano classes for a while, learned clarinet in school and did a couple of concerts, and trumpet in high school. I liked clarinet the most, haha. :lol:
Electra Walker - Slytherin First Year - el1233
Ember Starsong
No broom

Post by Ember Starsong »

Well, I play a numerous amount of instruments.

I took piano lessons for about 6 years and I still keep up with my piano by practicing a few times a week and trying out new pieces. Right now I'm working on "Change the World" - the opening theme of Inuyasha season 1!! I love it and it's a lot of fun to work on.

I played saxophone for about 3 years when I was in band and I still have my saxophone. When I feel like playing I take out all of my old sheet music and play up a tune!! Gotta love jazz!!

My brother used to play the flute in band and he taught me how to play his flute. I don't have much of a chance to play it anymore, but it was fun to play. If I wanted to, I bet I could pick it up quite quickly again.

Next I am a hobby player of the guitar. It is an instrument that I picked up and learned to play mostly by myself, but I did take a guitar class through school two years ago. I mostly play classical guitar because my fingers aren't really long enough to reach the complex chords.

Playing violin was something I also picked up by teaching myself on a violin of a friend. I'm not too good, but it's fun to learn and my friend's amazing with the violin and helps me when I need it!

Lastly, I sing. For the last year I've had vocal lessons, but my mom says I've been singing since I was 2 years old. It's definitely the thing I love to do the most in the musical area.
Hope Campbell
No broom

Post by Hope Campbell »

I've played piano since I was four and now teach it to earn some extra income, and I've been playing flute for the last 4 years or so and I sing soprano. I hold a B.S in Voice Performance actually. :) I am currently attempting to learn the guitar but that is easier said than done and my fingertips hate at the moment lol. I would also like to learn to to play the violin one day.
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis
Bia Rodrigues
No broom

Post by Bia Rodrigues »

I play nothing. I tried the guitar, drums and bass when I was younger but I failed it all. I have NO musical habilities, I just love to listen to it.
"Where they are just and loyal, those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil"
Anais Loveless
No broom

Post by Anais Loveless »

Well I play 3 different instruments, if one doesn't count the laptop keyboard haha.
I play the flute, and actually learned to play it for a year or so. Then I started playing the pinao. It's been about 8 years now that I started.
My dad also teaches me how to play the guitar, since he was in a band when he was younger ;)

Anais Loveless.
Lisbelle Tanwick
No broom

Post by Lisbelle Tanwick »

I've been playing the piano for about 7 years and just recently took up the violin 3 years ago. :)

Return to “Music Talk”