Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Zophia Elfman
No broom

Post by Zophia Elfman »

I play the violin, the viola, piano, classical guitar, hmm..yea thats it I believe, I sing too, but I don't think that counts.
~Life is aDream Somehow~
Siggy and Av made my Pyrus @ Sig N' Av Palace

Tags:
Brea Daniels
No broom

Post by Brea Daniels »

I don't currently play an instrument, but when I was in the fifth grade, I learned how to play the trumpet. I practiced with the few others in my grade who were learning to play an instrument as well.

Continued to play the trumpet for a little bit while in the sixth grade, but at some piont (beginning of the year, I believe), I switched over to the flute.

I continued to play the flute until the end of seventh grade.

After that, I went into chior and stayed in choir till the end of my sophmore year of high school.

Though, I have to admitt that I miss playing the flute and would absolutely love to get back into it.
Whee!
Casey Casewin
No broom

Post by Casey Casewin »

oh boy where do I start??? Well When I was young My aunt taugh me how to play guitar then I stoped playing it fo 12 years. Then I moved onto piano I took basic lessons in grade 1-3 then stoped for a while I played Flute in grade 7 & 8 because the music teacher would not let me play the piano. In Highschool I started off in Piano then moved on to Alto Sax. In grade 11 I found my moms old classical guitar chilling out in our attic so I fixed it up restrung it and all and play that now. I also took guitar class which I bought a six string guitar for. My younger brother bought a left handed bass last summer but he doesn't play it much so I taugh myself how to play the bass left handed.
Rory Kent
No broom

Post by Rory Kent »

I play guitar actualy! very fun!
"Life's Like An Hour Glass Glued The Table"~ Anna Nalick "Breath (2 am)"
"Remember,when I say goodbye it's never for long, because ... I believe in the power of love."~Luther Vandross 1951-2005 ( Rest In Peace)
Rachel Baudelaire
No broom

Post by Rachel Baudelaire »

I play the saxophone and the piano! The former being my favourite. I was in the school band. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Rae
Sieryn Atwater
No broom

Post by Sieryn Atwater »

I play flute, piccolo, piano, guitar, and violin. I want to play the oboe and saxophone, but the flute will definitely always be my favorite. I also think I have a trumpet lying around somewhere... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yes, I also sing.

But I love band... both concert band and marching band.
. : d r e a m i n g : .
Pandora Aether Morpheus
No broom

Post by Pandora Aether Morpheus »

It all started with my learning the Violin... which I initially disliked ... but later on started having a huge attraction for... And then the absence of a Violin at my college veered my interests towards smaller instruments which can be easily moved around :-)... so I caught on to Harmonica / Mouth Organ. I play guitar and piano a little too.
Sophia Ross
No broom

Post by Sophia Ross »

I play piano and the recorder. I am learning to play the violin and bass and quitar. Maybe even a little acordian.
Gryffindor Lioness!

I am completley devoted to my one true love and soul mate Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe.

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

I played the cello in 3rd grade, and I quit. I played the clarinet in 4th grade, and I quit. I really wished I played the piano and/or the violin. I like intstruments, and it's not too late to learn, but I'm very lazy.
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Kris Weasley
No broom

Post by Kris Weasley »

I play the clarinet for my school band. I use to play the piano when I was small but the lesson were getting expensive
Siggy By Cho D.@ SignaturePalace
Ron:
Wish the lunch trolley would hurry up, I'm starving.
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

Sieryn Atwater wrote:I want to play the oboe
You know you want to play oboe /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It is, after all, only the coolest instrument in the entire musical world. Just beware the reeds, oh yes, greatly beware.
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Andrea Caroline
No broom

Post by Andrea Caroline »

I played many kinds of instrument but I don't mastered it very well. I played guitar, violin, piano, drums, bass, and keyboard.
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!
Justinian Torz
No broom

Post by Justinian Torz »

Well, I'll admit, I'm not very flexible when it comes to playing different types of instruments, but I play a mean trumpet. I've lost count of how many years I've been playing (that, and I'm just too lazy to think about it), but it's been quite awhile. I used to play the piano but I quit out of sheer dreadfulness. I sucked, seriously.
nostalgia-(no-stalej,' n-) n. 1. A bittersweet longing for things, persons, or situations of the past. 2. The condition of being homesick; homesickness 3.a severe and sometimes fatal form of melancholia (aka A mental disorder characterized by severe depression, guilt, hopelessness, and withdrawal.)
Amethyst Heartwhich
No broom

Post by Amethyst Heartwhich »

Im in my school orchestra, i play the trumpet but im the only girl because the other girl thats meant to play it joined the choir instead. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />
Genevieve Sakura
No broom

Post by Genevieve Sakura »

I play the Drums for my brother's band
its fun
why?
because guys dig girls that play the drums, and Guitars.
i swear i had so many guys hitting on me because i play the drums.
lol!

Edited for netspeak
Last edited by Genevieve Sakura on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genevieve Sakura
Ravenclaw
PureBlood
14 1/4", Rosewood, Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Julius Hoffburn
No broom

Post by Julius Hoffburn »

I have been playing classical piano for about 6 years. I'm starting to get into jazz a lot more now. If my teacher gives me one more classical piece, I'm going to scream!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />
"Better is a thousand words is one word that brings PEACE"

Ryuichi Hyori
No broom
Location: We strive to be the best, but just end up being a part of a nest of people of equal intelligence. We

Post by Ryuichi Hyori »

I've been playing the piano for a few months now, and my piano teacher says I'm practically an expert already /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It's pretty fun as well. I love how it's so versatile and you can make anything you want from it. Well..almost anything.

[-Potiontology-][-Class Assistant-]

When you want everything you'll end up with nothing...
Elganorus Oakbark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Elganorus Oakbark »

I play only the guitar, but it is enough for me. I would like to play the piano, I started to learn, but it was too hard with all those practicing... Ah, guitar is an universal instrument to play.
Especially for serenades!
Last edited by Elganorus Oakbark on Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the Rugged Man, and the Ruler of all Chocolate Frogs!
Everybody wants to be Us!
Melynia Rosylen
No broom

Post by Melynia Rosylen »

I play the violin... For about... 5 years or so now. =) My school has this superb orchestra, and we went travel in Europe (I'm from Canada) during the spring break. /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />

Other than the violin, I know a little bit of piano... And I'll be taking up acoustic guitar soon~

Return to “Music Talk”