Moderator: Prefects

Morgan Maddock

Post by Morgan Maddock »

oh, i'm a rocker through and through.

Tags:
Liam Weasly
No broom

Post by Liam Weasly »

I lov surf music, my favourite being jason mraz im yours!
Lindsey Hyde-Phoenix
No broom

Post by Lindsey Hyde-Phoenix »

Haha! Jason Mraz is surf music?! I never knew!
Gryfftoberfest '09 - are you ready!?
Duffin Schmurtz
No broom

Post by Duffin Schmurtz »

Well, I chose Others because I like Hip-Hop music....not Rap...not R&B...just Hip-Hop
Ellie Warhol
No broom

Post by Ellie Warhol »

I picked other because I truly could not decide. I love showtunes, alternitive and some pop...
Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ely Granger »

I like pop and rock, but at the end I chosed pop.
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------
Trevor Williams
No broom

Post by Trevor Williams »

I love all kinds of music! I have over 17,000 songs in my iTunes and it's hard to choose just one genre!

I love rock, pop (like top hit songs), some rap, emo, punk, alternative, showtunes, disco, oldies, etc.
Shane Lee
No broom

Post by Shane Lee »

punk all the way. misfits [censored by McNish] pistols casutlies choas uk antiflag. ramones ect. but some metal is good to. as long as i can mosh to it its good
Chandrika Sundari
No broom

Post by Chandrika Sundari »

I picked other because the music I like would either be in it's own category or sort of transcend most if not all the categories. My favorite type of music is soundtrack/score/trailer music.

And I don't mean the popular music that typically gets put on soundtracks, though sometimes I like those too. I mean the actual score, and also the music used in many trailers that often has nothing to do with the movie directly.

Some of my favorite artists are:
Hans ZimmerJohn WilliamsDanny ElfmanBear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica)E.S. Posthumus (they do trailer music that was used for PotC and a bunch of others, also the theme to the TV series Cold Case)Steve Jablonsky (The Island, Transformers 1&2)Two Steps from Hell (trailers for Star Trek (2009), Order of the Phoenix, etc.)Immediate Music (trailers for Half-Blood Prince, Order of the Phoenix, and many more)
Additionally, I like celtic/new age music from artists such as Loreena Mckinnett, Enya, Blackmore's Night, and Enigma. Generally I'm more of a songs based fan than any particular genre. My playlists have everything from classical to hard rock. Also, quite a few showtunes and recently a lot of Glee music.
Juliya Tass
No broom

Post by Juliya Tass »

I love every genre of music, but country. At the moment, I am listening to more ska and punk rock than anything.
Vienna Missaunt
No broom

Post by Vienna Missaunt »

Country is my all-time favorite! It always cheers me up and is a great motivator when it comes to doing housework. :)

I also love classical and rock. I used to have an hour's commute to work and enjoyed listening to a classical station when I would drive home late at night. It's so soothing and perfect for dark empty highways.
If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree. - Jim Rohn

People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within. - Banana Yoshimoto

Push yourself beyond when you think you are done with what you have to say. Go a little further. Sometimes when you think you are done, it is just the edge of the beginning. Probably that's why we decide we're done. It's getting too scary. We are touching down onto something real. It is beyond the point when you think you are done that something strong comes out... I give this advice out of pure experience. Go further than you think you can.
- Natalie Goldberg
Morticia Von Page
No broom

Post by Morticia Von Page »

Metalheaaaaad!! B) Fav bands include; HIM, Rammstein, Hysterica, AC/DC & Judas Priest.
Ianto Maddock
No broom

Post by Ianto Maddock »

Really I'll listen to just about anything, but I like rock the best.
Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Post by Lavinia Rookwood »

I like alot of different styles of music, but I ultimately picked other, because I couldn't find country on there. But I have alot of pop and soft rock, as well as some sort of indie/singer-songwriter for a little spice.
Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I picked other because I like all kinds of music.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Favorite Type Of Music

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I like so many different types of music, but my favorite will always be classical. I was raised on it. I'm also a fan of jazz. I think any sort of music that I can dance to is at the top of my list, and I'm not meaning hip hop or dance/electronic, although both can be great, but I prefer music that has a deeper tone to it. Talking of more popular music, Sia has some great songs. Norah Jones, Imagine Dragons, Birdy, and X Ambassadors all have really good music as well.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

I like all kinds of music but my favorite are rock and pagan folk metal. I really like hurteygurdie (probably spelled wrong),bagpipes, mandolin, and bodhran together
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Depending on my mood at the time I love to listen to electronic dance music... my daughter introduced to me "EDC & Tomorrow Land" and the music from Many different D.J's are amazing.... Along with any upbeat music... I love classical music and the Blues....
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Classic 80s rock and heavy metal at that time.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers »

I have a lot of favorite types of music or specific songs from different genres that I like. I do like alternative rock and indie rock mostly.

Return to “Music Talk”