Been To Any Concerts?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Annabell Lee
No broom

Post by Annabell Lee »

Yeah I've been to one, it was a Ringo Starr and the Roundheads concert. It was in New York, New York.
If time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop.
- Book of Night with Moon
9.v.IX

Tags:
Gemma Formbey
No broom

Post by Gemma Formbey »

I've been to a Hilary Duff concert, shes really good.
Melyssa Birchwood
No broom

Post by Melyssa Birchwood »

I live in the "boonies", so don't go to many concerts. The last concert I went to was Linkin Park (which was excellent) - drove a couple hundred miles one way to catch that one. The concert before that was C-r-e-e-d (OK, I tried to spell it without dashes. But every time I post this band name without dashes, it comes out as a totally different name in the final post ??? wierd) (Anyway, that concert was also excellent) - drove 90 miles one way for that one.
Last edited by Melyssa Birchwood on Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- Albus Dumbledore
Keety Rhea
No broom

Post by Keety Rhea »

I have only been to two concerts. Those are: Backstreet Boys and Tim McGraw.

The McGraw was a good one because mum found out during the concert she was going to have to have a baby.

The Backstreet Boys was the "Black & Blue" tour and my father worked his butt off to get those tickets. I got to get pretty good seat, very close to the stage. It was great.

Still the McGraw concert because I got to shake McGraw's hand and he took my flower to the stage...*screams like a schoolgirl* Wait I am a schoolgirl /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Credit to: Jenna Hathaway from Ravenclaw

Reserve Ravenclaw Prefect!! Zoki Phatom's HOL Mommy! Eno calls me Katie!

ke400-Fifth Year
Amber Mackenzie
No broom

Post by Amber Mackenzie »

Hmm, I don't have very much time for concerts these days... But I've seen Green Day recently... They rocked out!

I'm supposed to see Avril Lavigne on the 31st, but I'm not too sure... I've heard she's not very good live /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
Ania Kriemhilde
No broom

Post by Ania Kriemhilde »

I'm going to a Beatle's concert tonight!!!!!! ^-^

Some of em are dead you say? Well..yes...that is true...

lol It's not really the Beatles. It's some people mimicking them and my friend has already been and has said that they get the habits down and sound like them and everything. I think it'll be fun ^-^ Just gotta squint to make sure you don't see them too clearly since they don't really look like the real Beatles....

http://www.basshall.com/tellmemore.jsp? ... anceID=230

ï hïrr vïnd nö nästïl änd vyrröh hïn ny nättïl hhät. thï ynï hïth thï nänï yv thï dlägön, källöïnj ïts dryyd.

Adsum ante bellum. Ante mortem.

Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

Oh man...I've only been to four concerts, and I'm embarrassed about three out of the four of them. My first concert was Boyz II Men, which was good. It was free, so why not? The next was Hanson. How embarrassing. I was in 4th grade, so cut me some slack. The next was *NSYNC. My parents drove me and my best friend six hours to Pittsburgh to see this concert. The last one I went to was 2 years ago, at the American Idol Concert (the year of Clay & Ruben). Geez. I need to get out more.
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Rebecca Peck
No broom

Post by Rebecca Peck »

I've been to a concert called Summer xs. It's where loads of different singers and bands perform. I am going to see McFly in september. I am really looking forward to it. I am going with my friend Gemma, who is seriously obsessed when it comes to McFly.
Made by Cho Delacour in Siganture Palace

Wand: 11 inches, Mahogany, Unicorn hair
Pets: An Eagle owl called Spock
Kingdom: Silver Starfruit
Blood: Pure blooded and proud to be a Hufflepuff
Brea Daniels
No broom

Post by Brea Daniels »

My most recent was Simple Plan and Good Charlotte back in May. I was supposed to see Simple Plan and another band in February 2004, but something happened to where I wasn't able to make the concert.

Before that it was Backstreet Boys (was a major fan in middle school and 3/4 of high school). Went to four of their concerts. Heh, when I was in line for my last Backstreet Boy concert to buy the tickets, I had this woman behind me saying she didn't know if I could use a credit card (since I had it out) - she was just really nasty to me and my friend. Once I got to the cashier, she had asked what kind of seats I wanted. I said that I wanted the best seats available. The seats were row 6 and cost $100 each. I said I'd take five of them... heh. I didn't look back to see the woman's face, but I laughed about it. Mean, I know, but what can I say (I was young and a bit immature at the time).

My very first concert was Reba. My mom and dad had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go since they couldn't find anyone else. The concert was excellent, and it's definitely a concert I would go to again.

I nearly went to a Linkin Park one in 2004 (especially since it was so close to my college dorm), but wasn't able to afford it.

So I've gone to a total of six.

Actually, I would love to see Lifehouse, Hoobastank, and Switchfoot.

Edit: Actually, it was seven. I completely forgot about the other Backstreet Boys concert I went to a different city for with a friend when I was about 16. I don't know why, but I was thinking about this thread, and somehow I just remembered that concert. *shrug*
Last edited by Brea Daniels on Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whee!
Charlie Starr
No broom

Post by Charlie Starr »

Most Recently Live 8 in the T-dot.

Before that my two faves have been the white stripes, and Molsen rocks Toronto aka SARS Stock
Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

Geez, I forgot about Live 8! That counts too, doesn't it? Well, that was the very last concert I went to, in Philadelphia. That was good, even if I could hardly see the TV screen and there was, like, a 5-second delay between the music and the screen.
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Amy Honeydukes
No broom

Post by Amy Honeydukes »

I've only been to two concerts... and I'm ashamed to say that they were both N'SYNC.
*goes and hides in embarassment*

~Amy
~am416~
~Slytherin~
~Wand: Witch Hazel, 14 inches, Powdered Graphorn horn~
~Pureblood~
Elski Brightwater
No broom

Post by Elski Brightwater »

Heh. The only peeple I've ever seen in concert were Kenny Rogers and Aengus Finnan, although with Mr. Finnan it was a group of maybe fifty people in an artsy cafe, so I'm not sure the word 'concert' applies.
" When writing a novel that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: 'House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day.' "
- Neil Gaiman
Kira Way
No broom

Post by Kira Way »

I went to Van's Warped Tour in VA Beach. It was the coolest concert ever!! 9 Stages 50 bands and running around in the rain...nothing could better....expecially since I got to see My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, Dropkick Murpheys, Starting Line, and more all in one place!!
Nicole Gonzalez
No broom

Post by Nicole Gonzalez »

I've been to Six Flags concerts if that counts .. saw Jesse McCartney, The Click Five, Bowling for Soup, and a couple other bands ...

I'm going to see a Hilary Duff concert on August 30th, which I'm not all that excited about .. but I think we have really good seats -- like 7th row ..
-Nicole Gonzalez-
Justine Dj
No broom

Post by Justine Dj »

Here are the concerts I've been to (in the order that I went to them):

1. Our Lady Peace feat. Chantal Kreviazuk and tons of other people (WarChild concert)

2. Evanescence feat. Three Days Grace, Seether and Breaking Benjamin

3. Foo Fighters feat. Sloan and the Constantines

That's it so far. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Justine Dj
No broom

Post by Justine Dj »

Melui Kurayami wrote:Yay!  Go Evanescence fans!
I saw them in Toronto, on July 18th.  It was greeeeeeeat~~~~  And my friend and I met John LeCompt, haha, he came into the audience.  He's not Amy, but still fun! ^__^  Haha.  They were really good live...I heard that last tour, they were terrible (I didn't go, due to the fact that it was only general admission and I didn't feel like being squashed...  I'm short, haha).  But when they came in July, they were incredible!  If you can, you should definitely go next time they come to wherever you live! ^__^

I was at the same show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome!
Justin Time
No broom

Post by Justin Time »

I'm going to a System of a Down concert on Sunday!! w00 /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Midi Sedicius
No broom

Post by Midi Sedicius »

I am not a big fan of bands but I am not against it either.

So far, the only concert I have been to is the Warped Tour at Long Beach CA. It was pretty amazing and much more enjoyable than unofficial Indie band showcases I have seen.
ANTInet-speak - Support the Movement! | Failure is success if we learn from it
..',.'.+// Since July 2006 \\+.'.,'..

Return to “Music Talk”