Movies!

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Michael Midnight
No broom

Post by Michael Midnight »

I LOVE ANIMATED MOVIES!!!

Nemo, UP!, Shrek series, Shark Tale, Over the Hedge, Bolt, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, Tangled, Spirited Away, The Incredibles, Happy Feet, Wall-E, Toy Story series and so on and so forth!!

Fantasy and fiction are my genres! It's interesting to me because I'm use to reading school books and stories that didn't explore the paranormal but now i'm hooked! Besides animated movies I love Harry Potter series (of course), also The Lord of the Rings, Narnia series and mostly movies that are a part of a series.

I can watch mostly anything but I'd watch an animated movie any day! :D
I Like Muffins!!!!! :D

Tags:
Zachary Jameson
No broom

Post by Zachary Jameson »

In my opinion, movies are books shortened and put nicely! XD!!! But I have a few favorites I watch alot:

Disney moviesPixar moviesAll Harry Potter moviesNarnia series

I am hoping they are to complete the next Narnia movie soon so that the series can go on

There are a few by name I like:
Disney's "Tower of Terror""Thunderbirds""Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban""The Chronicles of Narina: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe"
Zachary Jameson

Second Year Grffyindor

Cornelia Stark
No broom

Post by Cornelia Stark »

I loved Inception. I'm a comic books lover, so the recent adaptations of Avengers, X-men, and Batman were cool to see (I am actually looking forward to the next Batman adaptation though; Nolan's version was unique, but man, we need a good version with the more supernatural elements; for that matter, I think the Avengers needs more Scarlet Witch). Spirited Away is my favorite animated movie. Brick. Gattaca. I personally liked Prometheus. I could keep listing for a while.
⇐ CO963 ⇔ RAVENCLAW ⇔ FIRST YEAR ⇒
Jennifer Kusakabe
No broom

Post by Jennifer Kusakabe »

As one might guess from my name, avatar, and signature pic, my favorite movie of all time is My Neighbor Totoro! I used to watch that every chance I got for yeaars xD

I also really like the other movies from Studio Ghibli (Spirited Away, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc).

Some others I can think of right now are The Lorax, Wall-E, and Despicable Me...and a bunch of others.
Thanks to Fumei for the siggie!
Cecilia Sykes
No broom

Post by Cecilia Sykes »

People don't know what they're getting themselves into when they ask me this question. I just have so many favorites!

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Hobbit movies
Harry Potter movies (obviously haha)
Hunger Games moveis
Hocus Pocus
Moulin Rouge
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Pitch Perfect
Princess Bride
Disney Favorites: FROZEN, Lion king, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Emperor's New Groove, Mulan

And many more I'm sure. These are just what I think of off the top of my head. haha
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
-Walt Disney
Simelírië Tindómiel
No broom

Post by Simelírië Tindómiel »

Cecilia Sykes wrote:QUOTE (Cecilia Sykes @ Jan 27 2014, 01:33 PM) People don't know what they're getting themselves into when they ask me this question. I just have so many favorites!

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Hobbit movies
Harry Potter movies (obviously haha)
Hunger Games moveis
Hocus Pocus
Moulin Rouge
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Pitch Perfect
Princess Bride
Disney Favorites: FROZEN, Lion king, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Emperor's New Groove, Mulan

And many more I'm sure. These are just what I think of off the top of my head. haha
Cecilia, those are all in my favorites list. :lol:

And it is really a hard question to answer because there are so many. Besides those I like:

Cloud Atlas
Inception
The Little Mermaid
Brave
Breaking Dawn 1 and 2
Stardust
Prince of Persia
Man of Steel
The Three Musketeers

And many, many, many others. :D
~*~
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Simelírië Tindómiel ~ si958 ~ First Year ~ Slytherin
Jacqualine Snape
No broom

Post by Jacqualine Snape »

This is so difficult there are so many

The HP series of course
All Disney Animation
The Men in Black series.
Die Hard series.
National Treasure
Sorceror's Apprentice
Home Alone
Wizard of Oz
Nanny McPhee.

just to name a few.
HARD WORK CAN TURN ANY DREAM INTO REALITY - BUT A BIT OF MAGIC ALWAYS HELPS
Prof. Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Re: Movies!

Post by Prof. Tom Foster »

There is an assortment of movies that I like. The movies Peter Pan and Hook were great. I like most of Disney movies. I love animals, so i like movies to do with them as well as Home Alone, Jurrassic Park (love the first one). I like comedy movies, family movies, and the odd scary one. Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie as well as the Tower of Terror. Some scary movies like the ring and the grudge were good too for a good scare. Then of course the Harry Potter Series is my favorite series of movies.
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Excalibur (yes this is an old film but still my favorite)
Indiana Jones Series
Born Identity series
The Bond films
Nightmare Before Christmas
P.S. I love you (this is a tear jerker from the beginning to the end.. bring tissues because you'll need them)
Mona Lisa Smiles
Star wars films
Under the Tuscan Sun
Aliens Series
Predator series

Of course the Harry Potter series.... but I know I could go on and on but I won't.... plus there's future films just waiting to be my favorites
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

My favorite films are NightmareBefore Christmas,Biodome,Son in-law,most Clint Eastwood films,the Magnificent Seven( Yule Brynner as Chris),the Unforgiven (Audrey hepburn),any Medieval based movie,and Harry Potter films.
Image RQT 2017/18
Shelly Malfoy
No broom

Post by Shelly Malfoy »

When it comes to movies, I am probably the person that you HAVE to invite to a cinema XD

Disney is one of my FAVVV!! <3 My favourite Disney films are High School Musical 1,2 and 3. I love the movie plot a lot. It's sad that Gabriella had to head to college in the end quicker than Troy did, but there was still a happy ending,

Other than Disney movies, I also like both of the Percy Jackson movies. Along with of course, the Harry Potter films. I specifically like Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire. I like Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban because Harry found his Godfather, the closest person he has to a father. And I like Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire because of the Triwizard Tournament and it involves a grand ball, I LOVE ME A GRAND BALL!! Although I've never actually been to one but I still dream of it.

Anyways there's that. :)
Jasmine Bentley
No broom

Post by Jasmine Bentley »

Personally, I love movies, like I LOVE LOVE movies. Ever since I was young my dad would take me to this really old theatre. They would have the usual up to date new movie blockbusters, but they also had showings of really old movies. With that being said there are so many good movies that are old and so many new ones that are good. Here are some of my favourites.
- Casablanca(1942)
- My Fair Lady (1964)
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
- To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
- The Princess Bride (1987)
- The Maze Runner (2014-2018)
- Avengers Endgame (2019)
- A Silent Voice (2016)
- The Greatest Showman (2017)
- Beautiful Boy (2018)
Scarlet Digory
No broom

Post by Scarlet Digory »

I really enjoyed Smile, all of the Harry Potter movies, and the woman king.
Lavely Rosewood
No broom

Post by Lavely Rosewood »

I absolutely love love love lord of the rings with my entire being! Peter Jackson made the most cinematically beautiful movies out there. If there is anyone that asks what movies they should watch, that is always my go to answer :P
Lavely Rosewood :D

Return to “Movie Talk”