What book you have read would make a great movie?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Jade Winkleberry
No broom

Re: What book you have read would make a great movie?

Post by Jade Winkleberry »

A book that I have read that would make a great book is the mediator.

Tags:
Meredith Fenrir
No broom

Post by Meredith Fenrir »

I think the book Rulantica - The hidden island would make a great movie because it has a great storyline and in my opinion an unforeseeable plot twist.
Blake Gaunt
No broom

Post by Blake Gaunt »

A book that i've read that would make a good movie is Identical by Ellen Hopkins. It would be extremely intense and probably not for all audiences but it has so many twists and turns that I think it would make for a great movie.
Tara Russell
No broom

Post by Tara Russell »

A good girls guide to murder, but I believe that's already in the making so I don't need to worry about that one
Skylar Scene
No broom

Post by Skylar Scene »

The Twisted Ones by Ursula Vernon, it's a sort of horror/mystery, it follows Mouse who is the main character as she goes to her Grandmother's old house to clean it out, her grandmother has just passed and so she's going to clear it out to help her dad sell it. She finds the journal of her Grandmother's husband who passed away a few years before her grandmother, and it has some very strange writings of creepy things in the forest, and then she starts to see these things herself. It's super eerie and I think that there could be some really cool musical scores and cinematography shots, that would make a really good movie!
Maverick Bradshaw
No broom

Post by Maverick Bradshaw »

The Institute by Stephen King
It is a book about powerful kids getting kidnapped and studied. The kids figure out a way to break out and tell the world.
Atlas Graves
No broom

Post by Atlas Graves »

Okay because I'm indecisive, here's a list because too many come to mind:
House of Night series by PC Cast & Kristin Cast - honestly I would love either a tv series or movie series on this. It's such a comfort series for me.
PS I Like You by Kasie West - I don't know what it was about this book that had me in deep for it because it's just a YA romance book but I was absolutely in love with it when it released. I read it multiple times which is something a little uncommon for me.
The Housemaid by Freida McFadden - I just need to see a movie of this one.
Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros - This. Book. It was so good, I just need a movie or something.
Reminders of Him & Verity by Colleen Hoover - I know I know, this author is problematic but these are the only two I've read (and probably the only ones I will ever read if I'm being honest) and I loved them both.
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I have yet to finish this series but it's really good so far and I would love to see an adaptation.
Dove & Serpent by Shelby Mahurin - This one I have yet to complete as well, but I only have the last one 'Gods & Monsters' which I am waiting for a time when I can give it my full attention. I picked up Serpent & Dove on a whim and got so far in and was about to put it down but I told myself to get a little further to see if it picks up, and for me it really did. I read the first one in a week (which is pretty good for me) and I couldn't wait to pick up the second, which was also great.
Junie B Jones by Barbara Park. This was my favorite series as a kid and it holds some very very fond memories for me.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I thing The Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon would make a good series if not movies.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Lucy Lovelace
No broom

Post by Lucy Lovelace »

The ACOTAR series by Sarah J Maas is a book series I would love love love to see as a movie series, however I think I would prefer it to be in some sort of animation because the inhumane beauty the characters possess cannot be matched by any actors/actresses.
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

I think The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern would make an amazing movie. It's a breathtakingly beautiful story set in a world full of intrigue and wonder. Its visuals are already stunning, as the characters weave the fabric of their dreams and fantasies with magic. I can imagine a movie adaptation capturing that same sense of magic and enchantment, while also drawing on some of Hollywood's most captivating tricks to bring the story to life. From the costume design and set design to the direction and cinematography, a movie version of The Night Circus would showcase its incredible world to a wider audience and dazzle them with its imaginative flair.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Artemisia Thorne
No broom

Post by Artemisia Thorne »

Ooh, I have to agree with those saying 'Cinder', that could be a really epic movie if done well. I'd love to see retries at 'Eragon' and 'Inkheart' as well, they're some of my favourite books but they were so disappointing as movies.

Personally, I want them to take another crack at the Cassandra Clare's Shadowhunter Chronicles. They messed up the main series, but 'The Infernal Devices' would be amazing as a movie.

I'm looking forward to 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' coming out in December, that's another one I've been wanting to see a retry at since it came out!

What I want to see most though is 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' and 'A Throne of Glass' by Sarah J Maas. I know there's talk of ACOTAR being made into a show but if that's really happening they're sure taking their sweet time with it!

Also, now that I think about it, 'The Secret of Platform 13' by Eva Ibbotson and 'The Dark Blue 100 Ride Bus Ticket' by Margaret Mahy (amazing book, 100% recommend) would make pretty good movies too.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I read the "Throne of Glass" series featuring a female protagonist, named Aelin Galathynius, who inspires me a lot, and I think it would make a great movie.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Alice Waverly
No broom

Post by Alice Waverly »

I feel like song of achilles would be such a beautiful movie if they did it justice

Return to “Movie Talk”