Pitch Perfect

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Pitch Perfect

Post by Fumei Spookie »

What have a cappella, bitch fighting, weird people and the breakfast club in common? Of course Pitch Perfect!

Or was it something else going on at that moment? ;)

And of course the moment you have to do some cardio *g*

But anyone else seen these movies? If so what did you think of them?

For me I loved it. The songs that were represented in these movies, loved them. The humor and all was just so much fun to see that I couldn't stop watching it (and singing ¬¬' I think many things around me died because of that)

Tags:
Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Re: Pitch Perfect

Post by Prof. Ryan Granger »

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THESE MOVIES. LIKE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM.

Actually I've started an acapella group at my university and that's one of our traditions is to watch the movies because we love them. I still catch myself singing and harmonizing to pretty much of all the music. Plus it's given my group a lot of ideas for some of our sets, so needless to say I'm a huge fan of Pitch Perfect.

Also you can never have enough Pitch Perfect gifs.

Fat Amy is my spirit animal.
Prof. Ryan Granger | Ravenclaw Head of House | Most Likely Lost
Prof. Limine Snidget
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Limine Snidget »

I LOVE Pitch Perfect! It never gets old, no matter ow many times I watch it. Like Mean Girls was the movie to watch all the time with friends during my high school years, Pitch Perfect has been the movie to watch with my college friends.

I did enjoy the first one better than the second one though.. (not to say that the 2nd one was bad).
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I have yet to see the second movie, but I really enjoyed the first one! After watching it, I taught myself how to play "Cups" along with probably just about every other person who watched the movie. lol I had the songs stuck in my head for days. It made acapella look so much fun.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Hope Stark
No broom

Post by Hope Stark »

Love, love, love these movies! I might have had to get the soundtracks to both of them and I may or may not sing along with them. 4th and 5th graders at my school last year learned how to do the Cups song. It was phenomenal watching a whole group of kids line the gym and do it together.
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis »

I haven't seen the second one yet, but Pitch Perfect is one of my favorite movies, top ten easily, maybe even top five. Anna Kendrick and Skylar Astin are my OTP. Not even their characters, I need them to be together in real life or my life will be incomplete.
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne »

The first time I saw the first one, I absolutely hated it. I think it was because everyone had raved about it so much there was just no way it could ever live up to that. Or else I was just annoyed because my family was making me stay up past my bedtime to watch a movie so I was determined to be like "this isn't even that good."

But the second time I saw it, I loved it! I don't know if it was that I wasn't expecting it to be the greatest movie ever made anymore so I could just enjoy it, or if I was just in a better mood, but in any case, I'm now a fan! There's definitely a lot of cool and catchy songs, and lots of humor. I don't think I'd rank it among my favorite ever movies, but Ashley's right about it being that movie that everyone's seen and everyone watches together and everyone references all the time - and it's a great movie for that (:

I watched the second movie fairly recently and I didnt need to watch it more than once to like it! I think I agree with Ashley that the first one was better, but there were still a lot of great scenes in this one!

Do you think there's a pitch perfect 3 in the future?
Fumei Spookie
Silver Arrow

Post by Fumei Spookie »

Gladly enough I can already answer that question for you Arielle!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a ... ing-802561

YES THERE WILL BE A PITCH PERFECT 3!! I wonder how this will work out. Since the whole original cast has graduated xD
It will probably get released in 2017... 2 whole years we have to wait for it!
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne »

Ooo I'm very curious!! I wonder if it will still take place in a college setting but somehow the original characters will still play a role? Or if it will still focus on all the original characters and a singing group they form after college? Two years is a long time to wait!!
Hope Stark
No broom

Post by Hope Stark »

They could go a lot of directions with it really. A whole new cast, focusing around the legacy that came in (totally blanking on her name!) with some help from the oldies maybe. Or a post-grad group. Either way, love it! Can't wait! I didn't realize a 3 was in the works. You've made my day! This is aca-awesome!
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Reviving this topic since the third movie has been out for a bit! Feel free to leave any thoughts and comments below and remember to put any spoiler-y thoughts in the spoiler tags!
Eos Del Luna
No broom

Post by Eos Del Luna »

The Pitch Perfect movie series are iconic! I have the riff-off and performance songs saved in my playlist because they are just that good. My senior year at my highschool, the graduating choir people made their last song the Bardenbellla's final performance. I love how they sang Don't you forget about me. T-T
Zurawlina Keller
No broom

Post by Zurawlina Keller »

I love this movie! It’s so simple, funny and comfortable. I watched it with my dad and we both like it, I even learned some dance moves. But when I grew older appeared that no one of my friends know this movie! It was strange revelation for me since I thought it was very popular and iconic…

Return to “Movie Talk”