Old Time Favourites

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Ashleigh Colins
No broom

Post by Ashleigh Colins »

has anyone seen the film called Patch Adams? i think thats an old film, ermm actually i don't know...but it's a good film, and abit sad too
"Made @ The Sig N' Av Palace by Pyrus

Tags:
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Patch Adams is such a good movie! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think my faves would have to be, Goonies, Jaws, Peggy Sue Got Married, (for some weird reason I can watch this movie anytime over and over again) Stand By Me, basically lots and lots from the 80's, Jumangi, The Princess Bride, and so much more! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

Favorite classics? Well, The Secret Garden and The Little Princess are good, if you'd call them classics...and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is definitely a reall good movie! Sound of Music and Mary Poppins are worth seeing and Home Alone...LOVE it! Oh yeah and Jurassic Park! That's all I can remember.
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Sophronia Bradenton
No broom

Post by Sophronia Bradenton »

Watership Down. I've been watching that movie since I was but three years old, a little, impressionable child. Been watching that movie for 14 long years, so I've gotten really into it. It's an old movie from the 1970s, animated, but dang...best movie I've ever seen. It's truly amazing, a great movie, deep, involved, awesome music. It's animated but is in *no* way a kid's movie...I wouldn't show kids that movie, as one of the scenes still gives me nightmares and I'm 17. It's an old movie but...it's my favorite. When I was really little I had such a crush on Hazel, lol.
*Overlord of Oboes and Mistress of the Majestic*

yum yum eat 'em up
Ashleigh Colins
No broom

Post by Ashleigh Colins »

Sophronia Bradenton wrote:Watership Down. I've been watching that movie since I was but three years old, a little, impressionable child. Been watching that movie for 14 long years, so I've gotten really into it. It's an old movie from the 1970s, animated, but dang...best movie I've ever seen. It's truly amazing, a great movie, deep, involved, awesome music. It's animated but is in *no* way a kid's movie...I wouldn't show kids that movie, as one of the scenes still gives me nightmares and I'm 17. It's an old movie but...it's my favorite. When I was really little I had such a crush on Hazel, lol.
My sister used to love Watership Down, and i think her fave rabbit was Pipkin /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
"Made @ The Sig N' Av Palace by Pyrus
Guinevere Moon
No broom

Post by Guinevere Moon »

Who agrees with me that "The Wedding Singer" is just a really cool romantic comedy (with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler) I just watch it a lot of times and the soundtrack is pretty good all 80's. Another movie I love is "The little Princess" I think is a very touchable movie and it really shows inocence.

Kisses, Guin.
Aiko Ghwitches
No broom

Post by Aiko Ghwitches »

i dont know much about old film. but i watched amovie played by drew barrymore. this movie use valentine's song. this is romantice film
Jon Miller

Post by Jon Miller »

My all time favourite movie is "Street Fighter" With Jean-Claude Van Damme. Its a brilliant addaption to the game and i loved it!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Post by Lenore Spiaggi »

Being older than the vast majority of people here, I remember a lot of films that for others might sound positively ancient. But instead of rattling off a list, I only want to point out a little gem that you might ignore: the 1993 version of The Three Musketeers. It has next to nothing to do with the book, but counters with an excellent cast (Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Oliver Platt, Chris O'Donnell, Tim Curry, Rebecca de Mornay, Michael Wincott, Julie Delpy, Gabrielle Anwar), lots of action and some real howling scenes. I've seen it dozens of times and still make time for it whenever it's on TV.
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."
Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Post by Eliza Ithil »

Blues Brothers!! Gosh, I love that movie. And, as far as black and white movies is concerned, I love Casablanca, though I haven't seen it in a long time.
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States
Jenna Hathaway
Oakshaft 79

Post by Jenna Hathaway »

The Sound of Music is an old movie that will always be a favorite for all ages. It's just classic and beautiful and one of the best movies ever made out there.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Ethan Law
No broom

Post by Ethan Law »

Princess Bride and Labyrinth all the way. Grew up with David Bowie!!!! Uncle used to sing his songs to me to put me to sleep /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
Avery Brookshire
No broom

Post by Avery Brookshire »

Definitely Benny and Joon!! That movie is so sweet!! I love when Sam makes his drumsticks dance, and when they make grilled cheese on the ironing board:) But also Edward Scissorhands, although I don't like the ending. I'm going to do a remake and have them live in the mansion happily ever after!!! And can't forget about Drop Dead Fred...I like it a lot, I don't know why..."pant's pie" anyone? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Avery Brookshire on Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Yo ho, yo -ouch!- a pirate's life for me*

"Of course the Neverlands vary a good deal. John's had a lagoon with flamingo's flying over it at which John was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it."

~I'm having Sirius denial~
Sydni Lee
No broom

Post by Sydni Lee »

The Lion King. I love that movie!!!!!!!! Although, do we count Disney Classics as Old Classics? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />
Sydni Lee 3rd year Gryffindor
Bev Grey
No broom

Post by Bev Grey »

Ohh my so many but just today I watched Addicted to love... i really like that one

"I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am Then Loved For Who I Am Not"
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell »

Fools Rush In... I still love it. Matthew Perry Rocks
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Olivia Charm
Oakshaft 79

Post by Olivia Charm »

"grease", and "little shop of horror" (:
Giroro, Gilbert & Glimfeather - love forever!
Olive Snitzberry
No broom

Post by Olive Snitzberry »

Well, I don't know whether these could really be classified as classics but definitely Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music.
Olive Snitzberry
No broom

Post by Olive Snitzberry »

Well, I don't know whether these could really be classified as classics but definitely Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music.

Return to “Movie Talk”