Which Disney Animated Film Is The Best?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Adelaide Carson
No broom

Post by Adelaide Carson »

I like Peter Pan best, because it's my favorite children's story. I like the real people versions a lot better than the Disney version, however.
Signature made by me. PM me if you want one! (I can't do animation yet, though. Sorry!)
Proud Lion
Wand: Redwood, 8 and 3/4 inches, Phoenix Feather core
Pet: Snowy Owl named Starr

Tags:
Nikki Malfoy
No broom

Post by Nikki Malfoy »

definitely the Lion King. when i was little, i watched that movie literally every night. i knew all of the words to all of the songs and i was obsessed. i still really like it a lot.
Last edited by Nikki Malfoy on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
meh
Konoka Hanajima
No broom

Post by Konoka Hanajima »

Mulan is my favorite one out of all of the movies. It's not really accurate to the true history about Mulan but it's one of the only Disney movies that doesn't kill off the mom. The Lion King is my second favorite for the same reason and also because I've always been a fan of Timone and Pumba. They're hilarious.
made in sig an av palace by hena
Hazel Kaprano
No broom

Post by Hazel Kaprano »

Not another tough one! I can't pick! All of them are really too cool! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> And I have them all, watched them all, and love them all! Let me think...Snow White was the very first Disney movie I saw and of course Mulan is really cool, and The Lion King is so hilarious because of Timone and Pumba... I definitely giveThe Fox and the Hound two thumbs up. 101 Dalmations is so cute because of the puppies, they're so adorable. Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Aladdin are really romantic. I'll keep it general so that you won't be sitting here all night long /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Well, I guess my favorite is...all of them. I still can't pick!
Hazel Kaprano | Ravenclaw
Regina Silverthread
No broom

Post by Regina Silverthread »

I have to vote for Lady and the Tramp. It is my favourite movie since I was a kid. It's just so cute! I love the Aristocats too even if not mentioned in the poll.
Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

Oh man, this was unbelievably difficult for me, because I'm a Disney movie junkie. I HAD to go with The Lion King, because it's not only one of those best animated films ever, but just one of the best films period. But Aladdin was a CLOSE second. "A Whole New World" is my favorite Disney song. I can't get enough of that movie (now I think I may have to go and watch it). Beauty & the Beast comes in third, because it's just so cute, and I want to find my prince!
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Ania Kriemhilde
No broom

Post by Ania Kriemhilde »

My favorite is Beauty and the Beast! I've seen the musical many times (though the wolves in it are so lame....><;;) I even have the soundtrack :3

Second favorite is The Lion King (who doesn't have that as one of their favorite Disney Movies?)

ï hïrr vïnd nö nästïl änd vyrröh hïn ny nättïl hhät. thï ynï hïth thï nänï yv thï dlägön, källöïnj ïts dryyd.

Adsum ante bellum. Ante mortem.

Steph Rowe
No broom

Post by Steph Rowe »

I picked Aladdin - because I love the music in it (especially A Whole New World of course /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) But The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and other classics like that are always great to watch, too.
Gemma Formbey
No broom

Post by Gemma Formbey »

I'm going to go with Beauty and a Beast, just because I favor romance stories! I am simply in LOVE with romance related movies or books. Plus, you can't say you don't like the classics, this is just my favorite of the Disney classics /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Michael Punte
No broom

Post by Michael Punte »

I don't see it on the list but it has to be The Emperor's New Groove. I heard that Kronk is coming out with his own movie soon.
Isabella Astiar
No broom

Post by Isabella Astiar »

Mulan is definitely a favorite, because it's cute and funny. And it helps that Mulan is such a kick-butt type.

But an honorable mention goes to Lion King. I cried when I first saw that movie... I will forever mourn the death of Simba's father. It's still the most tragic movie I've ever seen. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Isabella Astiar
Rebecca Peck
No broom

Post by Rebecca Peck »

Mulan is definately my favourite Disney film of all time. It shows that girls can fight too. The film shows sexism by saying that if a woman is discovered fighting, then she will be killed. But Mulan shows them that she can fight whether she is a man or a woman. I love the songs aswell. Reflection is my favourite. I had to sing that on my own in a concert, that was held at my school. I was very nervous. But. I kept thinking about the part in the film where Mulan is singing, and I wasn't nervous anymore!!!
Made by Cho Delacour in Siganture Palace

Wand: 11 inches, Mahogany, Unicorn hair
Pets: An Eagle owl called Spock
Kingdom: Silver Starfruit
Blood: Pure blooded and proud to be a Hufflepuff
Naomi Jourdain
No broom

Post by Naomi Jourdain »

Come on Anastasia didn't even make the cut and that is my favorite and The Emperors New Groove.
Both were very funny and endearing. Anastasia just draws you in, wanting to know the character. She begins as a popper and ends up a princess. Her attitude is still the same, she is down to earth, witty, and in the end she truly has purpose. The Emperor has so many jokes you have to watch a million times to catch them all, and it teaches you that you don't have it all, and you can lose what you do have in a second. Who are your true friends? I just love disney and pixar. Great companies.

Nami
"Every man's life is a fairy tale
written by God's fingers."
Hans Christian Anderson
Isis Potter
No broom

Post by Isis Potter »

Please don't hate me but I really frown upon Disney movies.... I enjoyed a lot of the Pixar movies...... I suppose Snow White and other movies Disney took from fairy tales were ok but somehow Disney seems to take a story and then twist it and squeeze it until all that was good is drained out, they add some cute little characters or something but what I don't like is how the animals die, how they take something like Pochahontas and make it into some love story when it was everything but (in my opinion)

Don't get me wrong... I love Mickey and all his original buddies but a lot of the movies I just can't seem to stomach
Wand: 8 inch ash with dragon heartstring core
Pet: Owl -Osiris

veritas lux mea
Amy Honeydukes
No broom

Post by Amy Honeydukes »

Hercules, definately my favorite. But I also like Mulan.
Both are very good movies!
The songs in both movies are very catchy... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

~Amy
~am416~
~Slytherin~
~Wand: Witch Hazel, 14 inches, Powdered Graphorn horn~
~Pureblood~
Andrea Caroline
No broom

Post by Andrea Caroline »

From all the disney movies I watched, I preffered the Emperor's new groove because it was such a funny movie!! My second would be Hercules because I like the songs and Aladdin for the third because it told us about dreams and things like that.
sig made by me!! :D
Andrea Caroline|an675|Michievous Warrior Monks|an artist in the making

GO GRYFFINDOR!!!!!
Jamie Dolohov
No broom

Post by Jamie Dolohov »

I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland. It is the weirdest and most trippy movie you will ever watch. I do love them all though, especially Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, and all the ones from the 30's to 50's.
Jamie Dolohov/ ja522/ Slytherin

"It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one." -Thomas Jefferson

made by Tambaqui at the Sig n Av Palace
Ania Kriemhilde
No broom

Post by Ania Kriemhilde »

Jamie Dolohov wrote:I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland. It is the weirdest and most trippy movie you will ever watch. I do love them all though, especially Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, and all the ones from the 30's to 50's.
Alice in Wonderland scared me ._. ...alot ....

ï hïrr vïnd nö nästïl änd vyrröh hïn ny nättïl hhät. thï ynï hïth thï nänï yv thï dlägön, källöïnj ïts dryyd.

Adsum ante bellum. Ante mortem.

Ryuichi Hyori
No broom
Location: We strive to be the best, but just end up being a part of a nest of people of equal intelligence. We

Post by Ryuichi Hyori »

Mulan rocks! Mulan 2 is out now, I believe....I can't find it, either. *grumbles*

[-Potiontology-][-Class Assistant-]

When you want everything you'll end up with nothing...
Elganorus Oakbark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Elganorus Oakbark »

Hercules with the sarcastic point of view (he is a Star, herc-dolls, herc-drinks, shoes etc), and The Emperors New Groove with evil lady, Izma.
Isn't she beautiful?
I'm the Rugged Man, and the Ruler of all Chocolate Frogs!
Everybody wants to be Us!

Return to “Movie Talk”