How to Submit HOL Assignments

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

How to Submit HOL Assignments

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

This is a quick guide on how to send in HOL homework. Most of the advice will apply to all classes but remember to double check the instructions for every class you take. Some teachers like things done a certain way.
How to complete your homework
Once you’ve read through the lesson and are ready to get to work on your homework, you can start drafting wherever works for you. I use Microsoft Word documents but other people use online options like an email draft or Google Drive. Wherever you choose, make sure you save your progress regularly.
All the information you need will be in the lesson, unless your teacher has specifically asked you to do some wider research. It’s absolutely fine to check back through a lesson to find an answer if you’re not sure.
Double check the instructions as you go
As well as instructions about how to send your homework in, your teacher might also have provided other things they’d like you to pay attention to like a minimum number of words something needs to be or how they’d like you to write your answers. Make sure you follow these instructions or you might drop points.
How to send it
Currently, almost all HOL work is submitted via email. Your teacher will include the class email address at the top of all assignments and also possibly elsewhere on their class website. You can use any email address you like to send it with (it doesn’t need to be the one you signed up with). A lot of people set up emails specifically for HOL, using their HOL name.
Do Not Send Attachments
Most HOL teachers won’t accept email attachments of any kind. That includes Google Drive documents and similar.
Instead, you need to copy the text of your assignment from wherever it is you've written it and paste it directly into the main message box of your email (where you’d usually write your message).
Images
Sometimes you’ll need to submit images as part of an assignment. Complete the image and then upload it to an online image hosting website like Postimages or Imgur. That will give you a URL (a link starting with https://) that you can send to your teacher.
Other information to include
You absolutely must include your full HOL name in your email or your teacher will be unable to award you any points. Some classes ask you to put it in the subject-line of your email whereas others might ask you to put it at the top, along with your house. Some will ask you to do both.
Good luck with your assignments!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “General Class Discussions”