Class Drop Off (& Pick Up)

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Class Drop Off (& Pick Up)

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Do you have a class you can no longer teach?
You're busy and you don't want your hard work to simply fade away?
Willing to have someone else take over the class?
Or maybe you don't have the time to prepare a full class but have always wanted to teach one?
Looking for a class you can 'take over'?

This is the thread for you!

GIVING CLASSES AWAY:
If you have any class materials (lessons, assignments, answer keys, graphics, website, email, etc.) you're willing to offer to others, please post below, and make sure you include the following information so that others can know what precisely they'll be taking over:
  • Mention what items you're giving away.
  • Mention anything in particular you're NOT giving away.
  • Specify what's the best way for someone to get in touch with you - Forum PM, HOL message, email, etc.
  • Once you've found a person to take over the class, PLEASE edit your post so that others can know the class is taken.

TAKING OVER CLASSES:
  • Please make sure you're eligible to teach. If you want to be a Professor, have a read here. If you want to be a Student Teacher, have a read here and please read this.
  • You're eligible to take over (another) class? Look through this thread.
  • If there is any class that is not yet taken, and you're interested in teaching that class, get in touch with the person who's giving away that class!

See, it's super simple for both parties. :)

Easy copy/paste form for posting below:

Code: Select all

[color=#0000FF][b]Class:[/b][/color] 

[color=#0000FF][b]What I'm giving away:[/b][/color] 

[color=#0000FF][b]What I'm not giving away:[/b][/color] 

[color=#0000FF][b]Preferred method of contact:[/b][/color] 
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Re: Class Drop Off (& Pick Up)

Class: Herbology

What I'm giving away:
All lessons, assignments, graphics, and other class data that is available on the following website: http://herbologyathol.weebly.com/

What I'm not giving away:
- Class email and website. I use the email for other classes and purposes, and the website is linked to the email (along with other classes). You can even re-create the same website on weebly if you want, but I can't give you my website.
- Assignment answer keys. It appears I've lost mine as I had to grade everything without an answer key for this past term.

Preferred method of contact: Send me a Forum PM here on the forum.

ETA: I've had 3 people contact me about this already so consider this class given away! Thanks!!
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Reviving this one. :)

Class: History of Hogwarts: The Castle

What I'm giving away:
All lessons, assignments, graphics, and any other data that is available on the following website: https://hohthecastle.weebly.com/
How you use that, structure the class, set it up elsewhere on a different website, etc. is all up to you. :) I would suggest making at least some alterations as it might become more appealing to a bigger group of people. Since it's an older class, a lot of people have already taken it, and is therefore not as popular as a "fresh" class.

- Class website, as it's tied to my email
- Email, as I also use it for other HOL purposes
- Assignment answer keys, because a lot of the content doesn't have a matching key, and I would also suggest refreshing/re-doing the assignments since the class has been offered for a while now and many people have taken it, which means you wouldn't know who has sent in what assignments (best way to avoid plagiarism in the case of takeover, is to not offer the same assignments)

Preferred method of contact: Send me a forum PM here, on the HOL Forum.

Taken? Yep, class has found its new home
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Class taken
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Reviving this one yet again! :)

Class: Grindelwald's Crimes

What I'm giving away:
All lessons, assignments, graphics, and any other data that is available on the following website: https://sites.google.com/site/grindelwaldscrimes/

How you use that, structure the class, set it up elsewhere on a different website, etc. is all up to you. :) I would suggest making at least some alterations as it might become more appealing to a bigger group of people. Since it's an older class, a lot of people have already taken it, and is therefore not as popular as a "fresh" class.

- Assignment answer keys, because I suggest you refresh/re-do the assignments even if you still re-purpose some of what is on there.

Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Class: Potions

What I'm giving away:
All lessons, assignments, graphics, and any other data that is available on the following website: https://sites.google.com/view/holpotions

How you use that, structure the class, set it up elsewhere on a different website, etc. is all up to you. :) I would suggest making at least some alterations so you make it a bit more of your own class.

- Assignment answer keys, because I suggest you refresh/re-do the assignments even if you still re-purpose some of what is on there.

Return to “General Class Discussions”