What Classes Do You Want To See Happen This Year Coming Up?

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: What Classes Do You Want To See Happen This Year Coming Up?

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Hey, Skylar! You may have already come across it, but if Iverian Gnash brings back her "Art: A Magical Study" this coming or another semester, I could see you enjoying that one. It's a bit broader than being about painting technique specifically and such, but it's a beautiful class about some artistic mediums and I think you'd really enjoy it if you're exploring that world. :D
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

I would like there to be a Legilimency class. I want to take Occlumency next term and I would also love to learn about Legilimency along with that.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I want a class on magical cooking and magical literature.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

quoting myself from 2016... I'm glad that the class is now offered regularly even though, strictly speaking, I never got to take it!

But I'll wish that two classes that I saw at the beginning of my time here (but didn't feel ready to take at the time) returned... the Broom Race class taught by Tarma and Cosmo - and the Hungarian class taught by Silmarien!

Not that there aren't plenty of other opportunities to take challenging language courses at HOL... but I regret not having taken advantage of those two at the time!
Prof. Will Lestrange wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 pm I'm disappointed I never got to "officially" learn Parseltongue! As tempted as I am to claim it's my native language...
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

Chess or wizards chess for beginners would be cool. Also the Alchemy class was so interesting it would be fab if there was an Alchemy 2 class for those who want to continue with the subject. This year I admit I was a little disappointed not to see the Auror training class available, I was looking forward to it ;) It serves me right for not taking it sooner.
Amanda Summers
No broom

Post by Amanda Summers »

No worries Emerald. I am just currently focusing on finally completing my OWLs and NEWTs so I can graduate and become Professor. Planning to return next school year with Auror and be even better than ever, with some much needed updates/revamp. Hope to see you around till then and when the time comes to have you take my class. Wishing you a wonderful Holiday season and remaining term.
Amanda Summers
No broom

Post by Amanda Summers »

No worries Emerald. I am just currently focusing on finally completing my OWLs and NEWTs so I can graduate and become Professor. Planning to return next school year with Auror and be even better than ever, with some much needed updates/revamp. Thank you for inquiring about my class, it’s great to see the interest. Hope to see you around till then and when the time comes to have you in the class. Wishing you a wonderful Holiday season and remaining term.
Viviana Kingston
No broom

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Emerald Wolvenhowl wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:28 am Chess or wizards chess for beginners would be cool.
In the works already if someone hadn’t already created the class for use (subjected to approval though, but if all goes well it should be up and running by the next Autumn term)
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

Maybe I've just missed it, but I wouldn't mind a class on the animagus process or maybe talking about famous shapeshifters in mythology and folklore.

I've been off and on about finding the topic of shapeshifters fascinating and I've been having a low-key fascination with selkies for the last year or so, so I think that's why it's on my mind as of late.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a class more built around creating spells. I know some of the classes touch upon the subject, but we know there are people in the wizarding community that invent spells. It would be fun to have a class where you did something like that.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I would love to see some mythology classes, especially Irish or Scottish, though any of them would do. When it comes to mythology I'm not that particular.

I also wouldn't mind seeing classes about different cultures. I took Chinese Festivals this last term and enjoyed it immensely.

One of the classes I've danced around teaching myself (If ever I find the time) is Kitchen Witchery. Akin to herbology, it delves into the magical properties of food ingredients, recipes, and the like. If this class were ever offered, I'd be the first one in line!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

Excluding the ones already taught on HOL, I'd like to learn Divination, Astronomy and History of Magic.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I want to see a class on how to do great digital designing and create catchy and classy posters.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

Probably just missed it but Divination class would be great.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “General Class Discussions”