So, What Are You Taking?

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

So, What Are You Taking?

Post by Sky Alton » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:09 pm

In case the hubbub, horseless carriages and feasting hadn’t given it away, it’s the start of term! The halls have been literally buzzing today as everyone checks out the classes on offer: some new, some returning and many classics.

What’s caught your eye? Have you narrowed it down to your 5 (or less) yet? Are you still agonising over a list that’s just a bit too long? Were there any you wanted to take but couldn’t squeeze in?
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)
Zen McGregor
No broom

Re: So, What Are You Taking?

Post by Zen McGregor » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:24 am

I mean, there are so many classes I want to try but for now, I can guarantee I will take Puzzles 101, Visit to Diagon Alley, Magical Beings and Braille.
Alexander Brighton
No broom

Post by Alexander Brighton » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 am

After careful consideration, I finally decided on Astronomy, Magical Beings, The Unforgivable Curses, A Visit to Diagon Alley, and Braille: The Basics.
Khaleesia Marie Lilith
No broom

Post by Khaleesia Marie Lilith » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:36 pm

I felt like I was waiting ages to see the (amazing!!) class list to be put up. After looking through some of the classes I decided to take a few classes that seemed appropriate for a first year including HOL 101 & A Visit to Diagon Alley. Puzzles 101 & Charms definitely caught my eye, and finally I wanted to start off by learning more about this beautiful school in History of Hogwarts: The Castle!!
Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Post by Gail Allen » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 pm

I am taking Confronting your Boggart, Occlumency, Societies in Ruin, The Hobbit, and Magic of Forensic Science.
And I can tell you it was a hard choice to make, choosing between so many great classses. There were several more I wanted to take; Hopefully they'll be there again next term - or next year really, since it was more than 5 that I still wanted to take. It's great seeing so many wonderful classes, both old and new!
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I had a really hard time picking out classes this year that fit within the scope of what I'm capable of doing for max points since too many long writing or research options are difficult for me. (I almost didn't make it though OWLS last year because of that, but yay, I finished them). I finally decided on these classes here:

Ancient Alchemy
Confronting Your Boggart
HOL Genetics (which I'm also in a RL class for at uni so an easy 300 I hope)
Philosophy in Harry Potter (which Kendra has been talking about to me for ages)
Societies in Ruin
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Post by Sirius Fudge » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Originally, I planned on taking just one, since being post graduate should have its perks. But I could not just let these subjects pass. *sighs* I ended up taking:

Ancient Alchemy
Braille: The Basics
Grindelwald's Crimes
Philosophy in Harry Potter
Shakespeare: An Introduction
Astaria Rivers
No broom

Post by Astaria Rivers » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:26 pm

There were so many great classes on offer. I decided to take Astronomy because I love the subject so much, How to Role Play since it's a passion of mine, Magical Beings, Muggle Studies for Beginners, and Puzzles 101 to keep my brain busy. I was interested in a few other classes, so I'm hoping they'll be offered again next term so I can take them.
Janie Peterson
No broom

Post by Janie Peterson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 am

I have decided to take Astronomy because I took it way back when and I'd like to pass it this time. ^_^

I'm also taking Care of Magical Creatures so that I can take the advanced version next time around and then Tour of the Common Rooms, Norse Mythology, and A Visit to Diagon Alley (because I did not pass that one the first try either.)

Super excited for this term!! :D

Return to “General Class Discussions”