Module #3 - "MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Module #3 - "MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 03 "Mingling" thread! This is about getting to interact with one another as classmates, particularly about themes from the lesson and your corresponding class work if that speaks to you. Those who post their Monologue or Manifestation may provide helpful prompts for discussion points. While you're welcome to mingle as much as you like, each of your first three 50+ word posts you will receive 5 points. When submitting your work, please let me know if you've posted once, twice, or three (or more) times so I can confirm participation. As a fun option, you may choose to Role-Play these interactions though are not required to. If you do, please take a look at this RPGuidelines page for some helpful tips.

"Happy 'April Fools Day', everyone!!" Sindor addresses the group in a silly voice, wearing a set of giant blue sunglasses that go out far beyond his face. "Given today can be associated with playing practical jokes, figured I'd open up part of our discussion to anyone who might have a particularly favorite prank, whether it was ever put-on by yourself or someone else"

Sin gestures to Carrie who's holding a satchel full of quirky accessories, from hats and masks, to fun necklaces and other bits of jewelry. "Miss Warts will be moving around the room as anyone is interested in finding something festive to wear. Feel free to raise your hand if you'd like her to come by for you to make a choice!"

As members of the class begin pawing through the options, Professor Aloyarc suggests "This month also offers us an opportunity to recognize our Siblings, or those who are like brothers and sisters to us. Perhaps you have a special memory about someone who is or is like a siblings to you, or if they posses some quality that you admire/appreciate."

Then, adding as another thought toward conversation, "Those who are like family to us resonate within the topic of our theme this month being about personal will power, strength, and courage given these are often the people we wind up either teaming with, and/or sharing energy and space around consistently, which effects us on a personal level. If it speaks to you, reflect on how your personal energy effects others, and how the words and actions of those around you can effect your mood and demenor!"
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Re: Module #3 - "MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Will enters the room and takes a seat next to where Carrie is headed. Looking at the contents of Carrie's bag, Will is reminded of an old Muggle saying: "Every man a king, but no one wears a crown" - as he notices a particularly striking looking gold-coloured crown in the bag. Deciding that wearing a crown is always fun, Will retrieves the crown from the bag and places it on his head. "I am feeling my personal energy changing," Will begins, "and soon we will see how that affects the others in this very room!"
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Ivey waltzes in the room to find everyone passing out shinies. She waves to Carrie enthusiastically and decides on a bunch of shiny necklaces and a cool pair of shimmery glasses. She thanks Carrie and smiles around the room at everyone. She knows she looks ridiculous, but she sits there for a second just happy to be able to dress up like this without anyone saying anything!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Professor Aloyarc, who loves to see the donning of atypically worn accessories and generally silly feeling vibe, decides a little music might be nice. Hmm ... he muses curiously to himself, powering up the old boombox set on his desk ... What to play. He thinks about what might be a nice mix of upbeat and more downtempo songs which could potentially also inspire a certain element of courage.

Putting on the first CD coming to mind, which is the soundtrack from an animated Muggle movie called "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron!" He explains to the group, "With music from Bryan Adams and Hans Zimmer. Both powerful warlocks, each have turned their gifts toward the non-magical community rather than being aired on platforms such as the Wizarding Wireless Network."

Haven't heard this since I was probably in my teens! Sin sings along to himself as one familiar song shifts into another.

' Follow your heart,
little child of the west wind.
Follow the voice that's calling you home.
Follow your dreams,
but always remember me.
I am your brother under the sun.
'

A title called 'Don't Let Go' beings to play.

"This song features a witch named Sarah McLachlan," he relays, "Another who's spent the majority of her adult life performing for Muggles."
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Ivey notices the music start to play and joins in dancing. She can’t help but dance to a good song! She starts to reflect on another question Sindor had posed about siblings.

“I have five siblings, so I have many memories both good and bad with them. Siblings are great because you never have to go into something alone because there’s always someone there to follow along! I definitely think that our powers are interconnected because we share a lot of the same experiences!”
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Listening to Sindor's musical choices, Will reflects on what he has just heard. "Considering what you said, I'd guess that you're a middle child, Ivey?" he begins. "Speaking as a firstborn child, I know that both the oldest and youngest siblings in a family do end up having to go at it alone a lot more often than those in the middle. But blazing a path for those behind you is its own unique experience... one that definitely needs courage to be done effectively!"
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Ivey listened to what Will had to say and agreed. "Yes, the oldest child usually has to go it alone but only up to a certain point. I'm the second oldest, so my older sister is only a few months so and we pretty much do everything together. People just assume we're twins!" Ivey laughed as this happened so often it had become funny.

"But, I don't think the youngest siblings have to do anything alone. Anything they do has already been tested by the first few and they have so many people to follow along. The oldest siblings would only have to do things by themselves if a younger sibling wouldn't want to which would be odd given the younger siblings tend to look up to the older ones. Also, in my experience, the second oldest ends up feeling that they're lost trying to be better than the oldest, so they have to blaze their own unique path to stand out which ends up having them going it alone a lot until the younger ones catch on."
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

Carrie kept quiet while handling the bag of accessories until she saw that Will took the crown Darn... gotta admit it looks much better on him and his attitude rapidly change, he is owning it! then Ivey taking all the pretty colorful necklaces she looks lovely as usual!. In the end, Carrie puts down the accessories on the nearby table and uses Engorgio on the bag, making it big enough for her to fit in, and then she shoves all the props inside as well. She thinks it's gonna be a great prank for people coming in to try and reach for a prop and having her appear as a surprise.

She listens to what Prof. Sin is playing and screams from inside the bag "I love Hans Zimmer!! He is a genius!!" whilst she starts jumping closer to the students - "As for siblings, I'm the oldest and my sister and I are very different and I think that it's because of that that we get along so well. We learn from each other and we know we count on one another for everything" - Carrie's voice cracks a bit and her eyes start to water - "she is the strongest person I know, her determination is everything and she is an amazing human being" - she gets inside the bag trying to hold her tears.
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Will observes Carrie's prank and hopes another student - or even an alum of the course - comes in to be 'caught' by the ingenious prank. Turning back to Ivey, he responds, "All that makes sense and fits in with my own experience. I didn't realize you were that close in age to your older sibling! It's a bit different if your next younger sibling is, say, two or three years behind you in school. That's enough of a gap that you each blaze your own path... but close enough that many people will know both of you."

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”