Lesson 2 - Choose your own Snake

Class led by Prof. Will Lestrange

Moderator: Prof. Will Lestrange

Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Re: Lesson 2 - Choose your own Snake

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

https://imgur.com/a/Fsk1w00

My little companion is a Vipera Ammodytes, better known as the Horned viper. Her name is Seraʃtes.

Her personality combines curiosity and wisdom, making her a valuable and snart (smart) companion to me. She likes to ask questions, but also lets me. She's very abna (open) about everything and never hides anything if I ask for it. Besides that she's quiet and observative.

In our Parseltongue conversations, she weaves mesmerising sibilant sounds, echoing a mysterious dialect found in the serpent communication. Her unique vocalisations resonate with a harmonious blend of ancient incantations, which makes me think she's quite old. Even though she speaks in a different dialect, I can still understand her. When something is not clear, a little more communication will fix it. In this manner, both of us learn new vocabulary from each other's dialects.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Zurawlina Keller
No broom

Post by Zurawlina Keller »

https://imgur.com/a/03HErOm
This is Otruta. I gave her this name, since she didn't have friends and she didn't bother to have a name. It means "poison" translated to ukrainian. So, she is a common Viper and we met when she was trying to bite my friend. It was quite a moment. I had a conversation with her and turns out biting is her love language - such a shame that she is poisonous. I've come with idea that she can bite other's clothes instead of their skin. She's not really happy with this, but it's the best decision for now.

I love asking questions very much and since she didn't really had a company earlier, she is pretty willing to answer, but I can tell sometimes she gets annoyed with so many questions.

Her dialect has more ukrainian-like words, because she's from Ukraine.

I would describe Otruta as kuina because she is pretty loud for a snake and ʃena. She tolds me that 1m long it's not a big snake, but for me she's pretty big.
Sophia Williams
No broom

Post by Sophia Williams »

https://imgur.com/a/6kPwqee

This is sekusi. His name can be translated as “tiger” is English. He is a boa constrictor imperator. When entering the class ophidiarium, I directly spotted him. He coiled, sunbathing in a corner. He measures about 180 cm (6 feet). He can be easily recognised by his scales with a deep and green shade. His eyes are a deep emerald colour and seem to have a lot of wisdom in them, making him the perfect snake to practice my parseltongue. I spend a little bit of time with him, I could see that he is a snake with a quiet intelligence. He prefers to observer its surroundings from a distance and with patience. He analyses people and other snakes by observing them, instead of being actively involved. He will form deep bonds with snakes and humans that take the time to interact with him and gain his trust.
To describe sekusi, I will use the words: ʃane (quietly) and tira (green). I chose the word ʃane as sekusi is a very quiet snake that prefer to observe his surrounding from a distance and stay alone. I also chose the word tira as it describes his green shade.
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

https://i.ibb.co/nfBTzq1/image.png

This is my dear gopher snake, Irene, or in Parseltongue, Airin! When I first met her, she was peacefully sleeping in her little spot knowing the people were picking out their own snakes already, and I thought - she’s so me. The name Irene means a woman of peace, and I think that describes her quite well and reflects the time I knew she was mine.

Airin is either eating, sleeping, or slithering around. She’s quite reserved but at times, she can become quite the chatterbox. She enjoys being pet and complimented. She comes from far from Scotland, though she has quite a similar dialect as the one being taught in class, though there are some differences in pronunciation, such as for all vowels, there is a slight, quiet h sound before it. She likes to entertain my questions and enjoys my curiosity, and she’s a lovely companion. In Parseltongue, tasi snek ʃana and tina.
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Post by Katelin Ross »

Meet Hunter. Hunter is a California Kingsnake. I met this snake while hiking in the forest one day. It took some time for it to trust me, but now we have become friends, of sorts. He is very protective of me and will eat any other snake that tries to get in our way. He is non-venomous, and and an extremely talkative snake. His dialect of Parseltongue is similar to what you are teaching me but also a bit different in that he is from California and you are teaching me more of a British version of Parseltongue. Two words that describe my snake are Peina and ʃena.

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!

Return to “Parseltongue: A Challenging Introduction”