November Prompt: Quidditch

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

November Prompt: Quidditch

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

It is now November, which is the month in which the Quidditch season begins! In honor of the new Quidditch season, respond to this topic with at least 50 words about something involving Quidditch... but make sure that each sentence of your story contains at least one "Quidditch answer" that is the correct answer to a Quidditch question here at HOL! The deadline is November 30 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 20 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 2 hoots for every 5 words up to 50.)

HELP FOR NON-QUIDDITCH PLAYERS: Every positive integer (including zero) less than 23 is a Quidditch answer, as is the name of nearly every major Harry Potter character along with most standard colour names. If you are not sure whether something is a Quidditch answer, feel free to ask me!

PS: You will make my life much easier if you make the Quidditch answers in each sentence distinct - e.g. by bold or underline.

For example: They chose to go this way for luck.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: November Prompt: Quidditch

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I'm glad it's November and Quidditch season! One of the greatest pleasures of Quidditch is the ability to glide with a snakelike ease through the mass of populace who are scattered in the stands. Indeed, of the 42 plus games which I've attended, one of the greatest deterrents is to pretend to be holding a mass of spell-books, which look like they could detonate at any time, while making my way to my seat in the Quidditch stadium. That they are usually held on a Saturday makes it easier to attend, but I'd go to the games, even if they were held on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

It was 5:07 AM and I was tossing and turning in my bed. Today would be my first Quidditch match as captain and we would be without our Keeper as he was in the hospital wing after eating a pound of doxy eggs! I only spent 3 1/2 seconds worrying before realizing that I most likely had the match under control. Still feeling uneasy, I went up from the dungeons to the fifth floor of the castle, 4 doors to the left of the statue of Boris the Bewildered, to visit the prefects' bathroom. By 5:10 AM I was relaxing in a soothing bubble bath, knowing I still had plenty of time to sleep and eat before the match!
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Everyone involved has earned full HOOTs for this!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”