Farewell for now

Place for Birthday Wishes and Personal Announcements

Moderator: Prof. Sky Alton

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Farewell for now

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Hi everyone,

This has been a hard post to write for a variety of reasons. As some of you no doubt would have noticed, I've been gradually stepping down from a number of positions around HOL as I've increasingly tried to find a balance between work and my health. It is with a heavy heart that I announce I'll be taking a break from HOL, certainly for the upcoming term. Beyond that, it's difficult to tell. I'd like to think I'll still be popping in now and then though.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for being a part of my HOL journey, however big or small and for however long or recent. I still remember what this community first meant to me in my early days of rediscovering HOL and becoming increasingly active. It's been an honour and a privilege to be able to give back to the community in various ways over the years.

Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Farewell for now

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

You're the awesome, Amy.

graphic shows 2 scenes from The Princess Bride
top scene: Prince Humperdinck (sincere look on his face) - "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th aniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped!"
bottom scene: Tyrone answering - "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Amy - you're amazing! Take care of yourself and I look forward to seeing you again if you ever pop back in <3 :wub:
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into HOL all these years. I'll really miss collaborating with you, but I'm so excited about your new RL project. Keep in touch and take care of yourself! :wub:
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

you'll be missed! thanks a lot for all you've done for us over the years and good luck with everything!
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

The magic you brought to HOL is irreplaceable and your absence will be deeply felt. Please stop by whenever you can!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Amy,

Your absence will definitely be felt deeply here at HOL. You're awesome! Best of luck in whatever life brings your way.

Cheers!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

I wish you all the luck with the break and may real life come to some sort of balance. I myself am struggling to balance this website with work and other hobbies and I'm just an first/second year.
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

You will be missed. We've been around HOL since the same year. Stay safe and remember, HOL will always be here to welcome you home.

HUFFLEHUGS
Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Post by Katelin Ross »

I am sad to see you leave. I hope you get to stop by every now and then, even if it is just to be my reverse alarm clock telling me to go to bed. See you later Amy. You know where to find me (hanging around IRC as usual).

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I'm going to miss scheming with you on our next massively over complicated and brilliant activity so much. We've created so many marvelous things together these last few years (and let's be honest, talked about a lot of very weird things too). You are one of the best parts of my HOL journey (it's also almost entirely your fault I am where I am, so take that as you will). I know you're moving on to incredible things though as I always knew you would and I couldn't be more excited for you. Onwards and upwards but always remember you can come back, even if it's only for a flying visit.

Also.... as you're off on your adventures, can I 'borrow' your solid gold desk?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Bulletin Board”