Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

TO - HOGWARTS ON LINE (HOL)

FROM -
PROFESSOR KATH SNAPE
HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE
POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS

6/30/2020

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

I WISH TO TAKE THIS MOMENT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT AS OF THIS DATE, 6/30/2020, I WILL BE RETIRING FROM TEACHING AT HOL.

I HAVE HAD THE POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS CLASS WEBSITE REMOVED. I ASK THAT THE PFB CLASS FORUM BE REMOVED, ALSO.

IT ALL STARTED IN 2005, WHEN I WAS INVITED BY PROF. ULOL KIMIL TO JOIN THIS HARRY POTTER WEBSITE. I HAD ALREADY SPENT A FEW YEARS, AT TWO OTHER SITES, BUT I WAS INTERESTED IN CONTINUING TO TAKE CLASSES. I STARTED OUT SLOW, IN MY FIRST TERM, AUTUMN 2005, BUT THEN I WAS TAKING 5 CLASSES EVERY TERM, FROM MY SPRING TERM IN 2006, AS WELL AS PASSING ALL MY OWLS AND NEWTS. I GRADUATED, AFTER 7 YEARS.

I STARTED TEACHING POTIONS FOR BEGINNERS IN 2009 AND ADVANCED POTION MAKING, SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. I HAVE TRULY ENJOYED TEACHING AND WHEN I GRADUATED, I WAS OFFERED THE CHANCE TO BECOME A PROFESSOR, WHICH I WAS SO HONORED TO DO.

BUT DUE TO A NUMBER OF MEDICAL SITUATIONS, THAT CONTINUE TO WORSEN, IT HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE DIFFICULT TO CONTINUE MY ROLL AS A PROFESSOR. SO MY DECISION HAS BEEN MADE, BUT I FEEL IT IS THE RIGHT TIME.

I WILL CONTINUE TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE HARRY POTTER WORLD AND HOPE MY TWO GRANDCHILDREN, WILL SOME DAY, HAVE THE PLEASURE OF COMING TO HOL TOO.

I WISH TO THANK THE HEAD OF HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE, PROF. FELICIA HARTWICK, ALWAYS AN AMAZING AND CARING ROLL MODEL. MY MENTOR AND QUIDDITCH TEACHER, PROF. TARMA AMELIA BLACK. ALSO, FOR MANY YEARS MY PARTNER IN CRIME, WHO USED TO BE A HUFFLEPUFF, PROF. ROREY PADFOOT.

I WISH THE HOL WEB SITE AND ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BECOME (AND RETIRED FROM) STUDENTS AND PROFESSORS THE VERY BEST IN YOUR FUTURE. I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH MY TIME HERE AND THE MANY MANY STUDENTS AND STAFF I HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING AND GETTING TO KNOW.

PLEASE STAY SAFE.

SINCERELY YOURS,

PROFESSOR KATH SNAPE
ALWAYS A PROUD MEMBER OF THE HUFFLEPUFF HOUSE
6/30/2020
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: PROFESSOR KATH SNAPE

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Kath.

:wub:

You are a treasure. Thank you.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Thank you for your years of dedication, Kath. I know you'll be missed but I'm glad to hear you're putting your health first. Enjoy your well-earned retirement.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Aww... I always enjoyed your presence at HOL. I’m so glad I got to take at least one of your classes - and that you had the chance to take one of mine before your retirement. Thanks for everything you’ve done for this school over the years!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

Thank you for your contributions to our community! Best wishes to you, and I look forward to meeting your grandchildren someday!
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Take care, Kath! Thank you for introducing Potions to so many of us for so many years. I know I will miss seeing your colorful and uplifting homework assignments.
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

We will miss you Kath, and you are always welcome to visit whenever you wish and time and health allows. Hogwarts will always be here for all of those who once walked its halls.
I hope you do well and wish you all the best in the future.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

You will truly be missed! I remember in 2016, introducing myself to you and getting to create an image to represent you. Our discussions about a different character named Harry, your collection, your pet.

Take care, and please stop back by whenever you can!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

Kath, I will miss seeing you around in the Halls of Hol and I will always remember taking your Potions 1 & 2 if only for the really jumbled up words you seemed to make more difficult with each lesson ;) But I really enjoyed taking them.
I hope you pop in now and again to say "Hi" and remember what JKR said, "Hogwarts will always be here to welcome you home".
AskyKyle|as483|Hufflepuff|
PostGrad|Pezzie'sHuffieSis|
Hollers|Hufflepuff Staff.
Siggy by Efie
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

I enjoy take your class. Will miss you be around. Happy retirement!! (:
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller

Return to “Bulletin Board”