Task 11: Leave Your Mark

Moderators: Prof. Sky Alton, Prof. Kendra Givens, Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Task 11: Leave Your Mark

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

It’s almost time to leave the fair for this year. On your way out though, you see a group of people clustered around something. It turns out to be a huge canvas, propped up against the castle wall. As you approach, someone passes you a quill and invites you to add a message.

For 5 points, please write a short message about what HOL means to you or your favourite part of the school (2 or 3 sentences should do it). If you’re stuck or haven’t quite decided yet, then you can pick 5 words that make you think of HOL. Post them below by 11:59 PM HOL-time on 30th September.

When you post, we’d also like you to let us know if you’d be comfortable with your response being added to a digital artwork with other people’s responses. This is something we’d like to share on HOL’s social media to recap the event and the term so far. We won’t share your HOL name with your message on the graphic.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Mae Flowers
No broom

Re: Task 11: Leave Your Mark

Post by Mae Flowers »

HOL is a new adventure for me, an opportunity to grow and learn in a community of people like me. I've never been on this type of a platform before, but I already know I'm going to love it here. :)

Please feel free to use this for anything!
Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Post by Pezzie Wolfe »

HOL is a magical place and always will be. It is a home away from home. Wonderful friends to be with and make. Along with fun and exciting classes, activities and Quidditch. HOL will always be there to welcome you home.

~Pezzie Wolfe, 4th year

EDIT:
You may use my quote.
Sig Tag by Pezzie. I Love NKOTB :wub:
HOL Member since August 2003 | Here's to 20 Years at HOL!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

HOL has given me some of the best lifelong friends a girl can ask for. I can also tell people I'm Ravenclaw Head Prefect and it's actually true. Is that not every HP nerd's dream?

Quote me, I dare you ;)
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

HOL is an incredibly special place and practically a second home for me. I've met so many amazing people and have made the best friends ever! HOL and all the amazing people here bring the wizarding world to life!

(you can totally use what I said :lol: )
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

HOL is such an amazing place to be, learn, and have fun. It's a place that you will never forget and always find your way back to. Magical, amazing, and where I have enjoyed spending my spare time for the last 14 years!

You can use what I said
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

[OUT OF CHARACTER]
HOL is a place that helped me further refine the Slytherin traits that I valued... and one of the last few places where I could refer to such traits by name. That said, I met all sorts of great people from all four houses over the years - and enjoyed all sorts of adventures along the way!

You may quote me, but ONLY attached to my HOL character - not to any other identity I may have!
Last edited by Prof. Will Lestrange on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Like all groups of folks who get together, HOL Hogwarts is a microcosm within a macrocosm -- you will meet all kinds here, just like anywhere in the world. However, HOL is one of the few places you can quote from Harry Potter books, refer even to obscure bits, and someone will get it. That is priceless.

You may quote me.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

HOL to me is my tribe, my family and my sanctuary. It is a place where like minded individuals get to spend time together chatting, playing games and developing meaning friendships that will last a lifetime. HOL has allowed me to grow and learn new things everyday, tap into my creativity and spread Ravenclaw love!

You may quote me :)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

HOL is a magical place where you can be yourself and learn in the process. Your friends will celebrate your successes and help you through challenges. And even if you must leave for bit, HOL will always be there to welcome you home!

You may quote me.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

HOL is an incredible community to be a part of. I've made such special friendships here, I've learned a lot, and I've had a lot of fun taking classes and hanging out in the forums! It is such a special place, and I'm really happy I stumbled upon it.

(Feel free to quote me)
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

HOL means lifelong friends, and a chance to go to Hogwarts. It means being sorted, taking classes, playing quidditch, writing stories, completing puzzles, and earning House points. It's simply magical!

Sure, you can quote me.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Anna Westbrook
No broom

Post by Anna Westbrook »

HOL is a brand new start to something special. This community allows me to open myself up with no judgement and strive for a better day. And the classes are so great! I’m actually learning real things that I didn’t even know I could!

I'm so excited of my future with HOL. I already love it.

(You can quote me!)
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Post by Brianna Caedmon »

I have returned to HOL after many years, never having made it past my first year. I'm looking forward to a new start and a chance to experience magic and make friends! I've already met some awesome people and look forward to meeting more!

You may quote me.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

What I love most about HOL is that there is a place for everyone. Studious people can take a lot of classes, a huge Quidditch pitch for those more comfortable on the broom, library and art departments for creative people with IRC and common rooms for social butterflies. No one feels out of place in our little community.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

HOL was at first my escape from the real world, but now it's a part of it! Most people know I go to a Harry Potter school where I've made many new friends! I have learned so much, and love being able to share this incredible life with so many people across the globe!

(You can use my response!)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

Although I’ve only recently joined HOL, I have already made some good friends and definitely look forward to making more. I’ve enjoyed interacting in several groups, such as HOLLERS and the Book Club. I am taking a wide variety of classes, and am enjoying the homework more than I thought I would. I’ve even botted a time or two!
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

HOL is first and foremost a wonderful community, where people from different cultures and different backgrounds can come together and learn from one another and build friendships with people they would never have met otherwise. Here it does not matter where you come from, how old you are or what you look like: We all share this experience and I think that is beautiful.

Of course you may quote me.
Mohini Iyatti
No broom

Post by Mohini Iyatti »

I am beyond excited to be a student at HOL! This school means so much to me as it has finally allowed me to live out my childhood dreams of attending Hogwarts. Just interacting with like-minded students is rewarding enough!
:P :D :lol:

Return to “Welcome Month”