Class Assistant Want Ads FallTerm 2019

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Class Assistant Want Ads FallTerm 2019

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:46 am

Professors; do you have a class that you would like some help in? Students; have you ever wanted to help with a class to get the experience and knowledge of what it's like? Well here is your chance.
Since class sign ups have now begun, I was thinking maybe some Professors or Student Teachers would be in need of an assistant for their classes, but don't know who to ask. Here is a easy and hopefully simple way to find help for your class.

If you are a Professor or Student Teacher looking for a class assistant I, Prof. Rorey Padfoot, can help you sift through resumes. Prospective assistants will fill out an application and I will post it in this thread for you to view. Once you have decided on an assistant for your class please HOL Message me (not through the forum) and I will remove their name from the application list. You may contact the applicant yourself if you have questions or you would like to personally offer them the position, but I do ask that once they have accepted your offer, you let me know as well.

For those of you that would like to apply to be an assistant here is the plan, students who are looking for a class to assist will need to HOL Message me
(PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ON THE BOARD) with the following application:

Class Assistant Application:

1. HOL Name:
2. Year:
3. Your Time Zone:
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently?
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.)
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties?
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC?
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.

Feel free to give me a color you would like your application to be. ;)

Remember you can jazz it up to make it your own, but all the questions need to be answered before your application will be posted. After you have filled the application out completely, I will review it and post it in this thread. I will be closing the thread after every post as to not create too much talking/spamming in it. It does need to be easy to read for your prospective employer you know? ;)

Now to help the process run a bit more smoothly there are prerequisites for the students who wish to send me their application.

* The student must not exceed helping in three (3) classes. I will be checking your file. :P
* Students must have completed AT LEAST one term (earned two quills) to be eligible to apply
* Student must realize not everyone will be chosen to be an assistant
* You can only teach classes and have no assistants and be an assistant yourself or teach and have assistants for your class, but not be an assistant for other classes.

I think that about does it. If you have any questions please feel free to HOL message me.
Happy Hunting!
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Re: Class Assistant Want Ads FallTerm 2019

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 pm

1. HOL Name:
Astor Arensin
2. Year:
Second
3. Your Time Zone:
EST
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
Reserve Prefect, Student Teacher, Ravenclaw Quidditch Team, Student
None
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.)
Any day (weekdays or weekends), as well as any times. Though I'm typically asleep from 2am to 10am EST.
I'm a Reserve Prefect for the Roost. I also participate in monthly challenges as well as HOLLERs.
Absolutely!
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.
I'm Astor, I joined in January of this year and managed to earn 1,200+ points in my first term :)
I'm currently teaching Ancient Alchemy and Magical Maladies, as they are on loan from Prof. Kyrie. But I'd like to be a class assistant too! I feel I'd be a good assistant because I'm good at organizing as well as time management. I'm also skilled at keeping track of things (such as spreadsheets/points).
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:38 pm

1. HOL Name: Iverian Gnash

2. Year: Second

3. Your Time Zone: EDT

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Student, Student Teacher, Junior Prefect, Prefect, Forum Moderator, Aop, Class Committee.

5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently? I'm helping assist one.

6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.): 4-5 days a week.

7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? All of my prefect duties, activities that are run in all common rooms and the main forum, moderating the forum and IRC channel.

8. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Definitely

I'm around HOL a ton and always have time to help out with anything. I have some experience with teaching and assisting classes so far. I check my messages all the time as well so I'm super easy to contact.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 pm

1. HOL Name: Romilda Jones
2. Year: 2nd
3. Your Time Zone: NPT
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL: Student.
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently: None
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class: Every day(the time may differ)
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties: I am involved in nothing I guess(that's why I am here)
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC: Of course!
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.: I'm around HOL a ton and always have time to help out with anything if possible. I have some assisting experience in RL so I could use the here.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 pm

1. HOL Name:
February Fortescue
2. Year:
Second
3. Your Time Zone:
EST
Promising Student, Prefect (I had some RL issues and took time away from HOL), Student Teacher, Class Assistant, SerpenTimes editor.
None
My schedule is really flexible, I can be available most days, and most hours. I can work several hours each day, if necessary.
I'm a Student Teacher, columnist and editor for SerpenTimes. I submit Art Department projects and Library Department stories. I participate in various HOL activities.
Absolutely!
I've been a Class Assistant for 2 professors in the past. I enjoy grading homework, and can assist with keeping track of points, folders, or anything else that is needed.

Return to “General Class Discussions”