Fall Term Class Advertisements

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Fall Term Class Advertisements

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:13 am

Want to know what classes you should take this term? Craving some more information and what each of the classes have to offer?

You can find out in this thread!

This post will contain information regarding the classes the HOL professors and student teachers are hosting. If you want all of your class information in one go, this is the best place to look!

If you have more questions regarding a certain class, please contact the professor/student teacher. E-mailing your professors or student teachers to see if you can join their class MIGHT make them cranky, so try not to do that. XD

Class List

***Only Professors and Student Teachers are to post in this thread, please****
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Re: Fall Term Class Advertisements

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 am

Hello everyone! I am offering two classes this term:

My favorite class to teach...

Journey of the Hero

Have you ever thought that the heroes in stories follow a similar pattern? So has Joseph Campbell, the author of The Hero with a Thousand Faces. Come find out if your ideas follow those of Campbell's theory, while analyzing one of your beloved heroes or heroines.

And...

My newest class...

Seeking Fundamentals

Who hasn't dreamed of being the star Seeker for their House Quidditch team? Whether you are a ickle firstie or a veteran HOL member, you can be a Seeker! This class will explain the rules of HOL Seeking with my personal insights and experience thrown in. The main idea is to give everyone more chances to catch Snitches!

Even if this class doesn't fit in your timetable this term, everyone is still welcome to play in a Snitch match or volunteer to referee.

Hope to see you in class! Or on the pitch!
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Two

Post by Sky Alton » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:32 pm

I’m offering 3 classes this term: two new and one not so new.

Magical Business Studies
Ever wanted to follow in Fred and George’s footsteps and rake in the galleons with a shop or product that you love? MBS will take you through every step of getting yourself set up as a wizarding entrepreneur.

Conflict in the Wizarding World
We’re all pretty familiar with the various wizarding wars and even the prejudices that beset our community but have you ever thought more deeply about what caused them? Conflict in the Wizarding World will look in detail at the events and attitudes that kindled the fires of contention.

Braille: The Basics
Ever wanted to be able to read in the dark? Well, unfortunately I can’t teach you that in a single HOL class but I can teach you to recognise the Braille alphabet (and a few other fun things besides). I’ll be resting this class for a while after this term so last chance to take it for the time being!
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:25 am

I teach two classes (and also assistant teach HOL 101!):

The Marauders 101
This class is for anyone who loves the Marauders and wants to learn more! Each lesson will focus on one of the four map makers, with a final that encompasses all of them. There are some exciting homework options with the chance to earn beans in addition to your house points too!

Puzzles 101
This is the first class I've ever created! We focus on several of the big puzzles you will encounter here at HOL: how to solve them, some background info, as well as tips on how to make your own!

Return to “General Class Discussions”