Welcome New Students!

Class led by Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Welcome New Students!

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello, and welcome to A Visit to Diagon Alley! If you can't tell by the title, this class will be taking a tour of Diagon Alley, perfect for the start of a new term at Hogwarts. A little about me, my name is Prof. Rorey Padfoot and I just moved into my spacious new room in the Ravenclaw house, so far I just adore it. This is my 15th year at HOL! I hope you enjoy the tour and make sure to bring some money so you can grab some fun stuff.

Feel free to introduce yourself to the other class members here and tell us what other classes you have decided to take and why you chose A Visit to Diagon Alley.

This is the thread you will write your Extra Fun Part 1.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Claire Fandinia
No broom

Re: Welcome New Students!

Post by Claire Fandinia » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:38 am

I enjoy reading, writing, and my favorite animal is a cat! My favorite color is purple, and I love doing homework as much as I love HOL, which is to say, A LOT.
Three things I think I would have on my first day:
-A wand
-Books
-Almost every product that Honeydukes sells
Gladymar Rivera-Virella
No broom

Post by Gladymar Rivera-Virella » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:57 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Gladymar Rivera and this is my first year at HOL. I belong to the Hufflepuff house and I am enrolled in five courses during this term. One of my passions is to read about magical creatures and would love to be able to see a Demiguise. Some of the things I will need during my first year at Hogwarts is a wand, a telescope, cat, and a couple of books such as the A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch.

Best,

Gladymar :)
Elle Johnson
No broom

Post by Elle Johnson » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:41 am

My name is Elle Johnson and I am a first year. My house is Gryffindor and I am currently taking three classes so far. I love history so I have signed up for the Tudors. For my First year of Hogwarts, I will need a wand, a robe and some books such as Beginners Transfiguration.
Thanks,
Elle Johnson
Brooke Granger
No broom

Post by Brooke Granger » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:37 pm

My name is Brooke Granger and am currently in my first year of Hogwarts. I am a proud Ravenclaw and I have enrolled in 5 classes. My favourite Hogwarts class is Charms. For the upcoming year, I will need a robe, my class books, and an owl. I am overall really excited for this class :D .
Brooke.
Silver Myst
No broom

Post by Silver Myst » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 pm

My name is Silver Myst. I am a second-year Ravenclaw taking 4classes this term. I love to read and write so three things that I would need are my books, paper and quill, and my owl of course.
Aedrie Rose
No broom

Post by Aedrie Rose » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello, My name is Aedrie Rose and I chose this class to help get used to the site and learn more about Diagon Alley.
I am still in my first year and I am happy to be in Ravenclaw. I am also in Herbology, Potions, HOL intro/D.A and a history class (Ancient Civilisations) I just enrolled today. My favorite classes are History, Potions, Healing and Business.
I will enjoy getting the books, potion ingredients and definitely my first wand!
Olivia Finn
No broom

Post by Olivia Finn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm

My name is Olivia Finn. I am a first year at Hogwarts this year and am very excited to learn about witchcraft and wizardry. My favorite activities include reading, quidditch, and playing the piano. Three things I think I would need on my first day at Hogwarts are: books, wand, and a cauldron.
Brianna Caedmon
No broom

Post by Brianna Caedmon » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:05 am

My name is Brianna Caedmon and I am a second year Slytherin. I love studying all that magic has to offer, but even more than that I love sneaking around the castle at night learning as many of the secrets that Hogwarts has to offer as possible. On my first day back I will need some new quills (I have a bad habit of chewing mine!), some sugar quills (because that way I'll have something else to chew!) and a new cauldron (I blew mine up last year, it's a long story.). Nice to meet you all! :)
Phoenix Wiel
No broom

Post by Phoenix Wiel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:19 pm

My name is Phoenix Wiel and I am a first year here at Hogwarts.
I am a newly added Hufflepuff and this is currently my second day here at HOL, so I’m very excited!
I love to read and also write, and I LOVE listening to music, I even have a vinyl collection in my room!
My favorite class in divination so hopefully I’ll pass it.
For my first day I will need my wand, robes and my pet cat!

Thank you!
:D
Sadie Bean
No broom

Post by Sadie Bean » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:33 pm

My favourite things to do are reading and hanging out with my friends and younger sister. The three things I would need for going to Hogwarts would be a wand, a cat and a couple of books to keep me going, maybe Hogwarts a History.
Remi Silver
No broom

Post by Remi Silver » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm Remi Silver, a first year Slytherin student. I'm a huge theatre kid and I love performing, acting, dancing, even just speaking in front of an audience. I'm a book lover and a little history nerd. So what would be better than taking a bunch of historical books—classics and more modern ones—with me to Hogwarts and reading them while admiring all of the architecture? I'll of course need an owl companion, too. I don't want to name my wand as the third item, even though I will be needing it. However, I do want to bring something that reminds me of my home outside Hogwarts, a little object with lots of meaning hidden in it.
Jordyn Tidwell
No broom

Post by Jordyn Tidwell » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello, my name is Jordyn Tidwell. I’m a second year Hufflepuff and I’m taking 5 classes this semester. I love to learn new things and I enjoy meeting new people. My main hobbies are reading and writing just about anything. Three things I’d include on my first day would of course be my owl, paper and extra quills and my books.
Jansen Cullipher
No broom

Post by Jansen Cullipher » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:44 pm

Hello! My name is Jansen, and I am a first year Ravenclaw here at Hogwarts Online. I am twenty-one, and am enrolled both here at Hogwarts and at a university in America. I am currently taking five courses; HOL 101, A Visit to Diagon Alley, Wand Making, Transfiguration, and Ancient Alchemy. Since it is my first term here at Hogwarts, I thought it would be best to take basic foundation classes that I can build on later. When I am not in school I am most likely reading, writing, watching a fantasy series, or off on some adventure with my friends. If I were to bring three items along, in addition to my required materials, I would probably bring:
1. A map of the campus
2. A magical suitcase bewitched with an undetectable extension charm (much like Newt Scamander's)
3. A device of my own making that combines two broomsticks and a hammock.
I am a mess with directions in a normal university, so to navigate a university that is so complex and constantly changing I would need a map, one that updates as the castle does. Without it I would probably not find my barrings til the end of the first term. I also happen to be an introvert, and after a hard day I like to retreat to my own space. Much like the dorms I stayed in through high school and university, Hogwarts places you with roommates. While it would be nice to make such close friends, it would not give me the personal space I need. A suitcase with an undetectable extension charm would allow me to have a whole world tucked away for when I need to escape for a little while. When I am on campus I would really like to appreciate where I am and the opportunity I was given. While we all tend to get caught up in the magic of Hogwarts, a lot of us forget how absolutely stunning the landscape of the campus and its surroundings are. As it is not necessarily safe to explore the surroundings of campus on foot, such as the forbidden forest, I believe it would be such a beautiful sight to take in from above. By combining two flying broomsticks and a hammock I could comfortably take in the landscape by laying in the air for hours.
Jansen Cullipher
Emma Allen
No broom

Post by Emma Allen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi all

I'm Emma Allen and I'm a first year student at HOL. I'm currently taking 5 classes, so I'm really busy! I also have to buy a few things for several classes, so I'm happy I get a tour in Diagon Alley to know where I can get everything. First, of course, I need a want. The professors in different classes allready said it would be mandatory to bring my wand from the second class, so it's surely one of the things I'm buying!
Secondly, I want to get a cauldron. I don't know if I'll need it for any of the classes I'm following, but I want to make sure I'm ready to make some potions if needed. Last, I really want a Ravenclaw sweater or scarf. I'm proud to be in Ravenclaw, so I want to show it to everyone!

See you all in the next class!
Emma
Leia Moon
No broom

Post by Leia Moon » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi, my name is Leia Moon and I am a first year at Hogwarts. my mother is a witch and my father is a muggle so it was quite a surprise when he found out I was a witch as well. I'm not quite sure what to expect at Hogwarts as my mother doesn't like to share her experience since she was at the battle with Voldemort. I'm hoping to be sorted into Gryffindor since that was my mother house. I'm guessing that for school to start i will be needing a wand, probably some spell books along with a quill to write with. I'm very excited to start my adventure at Hogwarts.
Daffodil Harbourshire
No broom

Post by Daffodil Harbourshire » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Daffodil Harbourshire and I am a proud member of Ravenclaw house. Three things that I think I would need on my first day at Hogwarts are; friends, a lot of textbooks and a familiar - I really want a cat or an owl.
Septima Lestrange
No broom

Post by Septima Lestrange » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Septima Lestrange and I'm very excited to be taking part in this class for my first term!
I'm an avid reader, a musician, a lover of all things outdoors, and a cat mom, as well as a brand new member of House Ravenclaw!
My main reason for taking part in this class as it is my first term and this felt like the best place to get started and gear up for my first year at HOL. I'm looking forward to picking up some necessities here in the Alley before proceeding into the school. The top three on my shopping list is a wand (I'm hoping for hawthorn wood but of course the wand will choose me rather than I it, so I'm very excited to see what happens), Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for my Care of Magical Creatures class which I truly can't wait for, and a good winter cloak before the winter hits!
Nikiforos Patsis
No broom

Post by Nikiforos Patsis » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:08 am

Hello, I'm a First-year here at HOL and I'm in the Gryffindor House. I really like the idea of this school as it inspires us to be creative and it is also fun to learn new things . I love music ,especially hip-hop, and I like to pass my time drawing and sketching . Three things I think I shall buy from Diagon Alley are a wand, to cast my spells , a set of books from flourish and blotts and finally a pack from every flavour beans by Bertie Botts, although I could easily find myself exploring every single artifact and strange device down at Borgin&Burkes.

Return to “A Visit to Diagon Alley”