Discussion One- Lesson/Assignment 2

Class led by Amanda Summers
Amanda Summers
No broom

Discussion One- Lesson/Assignment 2

Post by Amanda Summers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:17 am

1) Do you think that Auror history may have gone back all the way to the dawn of time? do you think perhaps they might have been some kind of squad or group of trained wizards to take on dark wizards? History only of Auror only dates back to the 1970's when Voldermort's supporters were just starting to come out. Was he the only dark wizard of all time? Was the wizarding world intact before Tom Riddle turned dark? (5 points)

2) Do you feel Auror's should hold a rightful name to the Wizarding World? should we bother with the long grousam training when look what Lord Voldermort has caused even despite the Auror's fighting for protection of all Wizards and Witches? (5 points)

Here it is remember to earn full points each must answer each question, and also replying to others will generate discussion.
Lucy Poole
No broom

Re: Discussion One- Lesson/Assignment 2

Post by Lucy Poole » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 am

1) I think that Aurors might have been around since the first person with magic was born. I think that they might not have been called Aurors but there was probably some sort of group that came together to "police" the wizarding community. Also, there were dark wizards before Lord Voldermort, like Grindelwald, but no other dark wizard was as powerful as Voldermort or Grindlewald. Just like in Muggle history, there were plenty of evil, twisted people, but not everyone knew their names.

2) I think that Aurors should have their place in the Wizarding World because if they weren't around, the war against Lord Voldemort would have been a lot worse. And we can also learn what went wrong and what was done right from the war against Grindlewald and Voldemort.
Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Alexander Brighton » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 pm

1. I think the Aurors went back a lot further than Voldemort, but not as the dawn of time. Way back at the dawn of time, there might have been dark wizards the same as there are today, but no one to really bring them to justice. Because of that, I think there could have been a lot more dark witches and wizards than there are today. There were a lot of dark wizards before Voldemort. I can think of 1, Gellert Grindelwald. I think the Aurors started around the 15-1700's. I think what started the Aurors was a war. The good witches and wizards got together to try to stop the dark witches and wizards. It was probably a long battle, but in the end the good witches and wizards won. But they didn't want another battle like that, so they created a group of witches and wizards who wanted to protect wizardkind. Eventually, that group of witches and wizards grew and became the Aurors we know today.

2. I do think that Aurors are extremely important to the Wizarding World and yes, we should bother with the long training. Like Lucy said, without the Aurors, the battle with Voldemort would have been a whole lot worse. That's true for all the battles with dark wizards and witches. Without Aurors, all the dark witches and wizards in the world would be free and the world would be a very dark place to live. So I do think they hold a huge place in the wizarding world.
Janie Peterson
No broom

Post by Janie Peterson » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:07 am

1) I feel as if Auror history definitely may have gone back all the way but I doubt it was as organized as it is today. I think there was definitely some kind of group of wizards that took on dark witches and wizards but I feel as if it was more a club of moral beings who felt as if they had to do good in order to defend the people. I feel as if they would have been considered Aurors without the title. I imagine that they were all close and that they did what they could to protect people and to neutralize big evils back in the day. I don't think that Tom Riddle was the only dark wizard all the time. Look at Grindelwald for example. He wanted to dominate the Muggle world. And I'm sure dark wizards go back way before that, also.

2) I feel as if the gruesome training is necessary to creating a group of witches and wizards who are going to protect and defend the wizarding realm. I feel as if they have to earn their title. Back in the day there may not have been a government but there is now. It's important to make the Auror program as structured as possible in order to maximize the efficiency of the program and the group.

Return to “Auror Training Level One”