The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions
Isabel Moon
No broom

Post by Isabel Moon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:15 am

Hey everyone! I'm Isabel, and I'm a new First Year in Slytherin House. In RL I'm 21 (will be 22 in September!) and I'm from Texas, although I'm moving to California in a couple of weeks. I also lived in London, England, as a kid, and I went to college in Boston.

I'm an avid reader and writer, favorite genres are fantasy/sci-fi, although I like a lot of YA fiction too, of all genres. Favorite authors are David Eddings, Robert Jordan, Sarah Dessen, and, of course, JKR :D

Other interests include movies (mostly rom coms and action, but I'll see anything), fashion/shopping (I don't really know that much about fashion but I like to read the magazines ;) ), swimming, traveling, fanfiction, music, and history. I also watch A LOT of tv shows. Current favorites are Supernatural, LOST, Dollhouse, Grey's Anatomy, and Bones. Also love Firefly.

Nice to meet you all! I'm totally lost around here, so don't mind me if you see me wandering around, looking confused :lol:
Violet Rubert
No broom

Post by Violet Rubert » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm

I almost forgot to introduce myself! Hello everyone, my name is Violet Rubert. I'm a first year and a member of Gryffindor House. At the moment I keep getting lost when the stair cases move but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once some time passes. In real life I'm nineteen years old and will be turning twenty in October. Sadly I wasn't born on Halloween but technically I left the hospital on Halloween, so that must count for something.

I'm currently attending college which has been keeping me away from the five things I love to do: Video Games, Roleplaying, Writing, Reading, and Baking. It seems because of college life my writing skills have dwindled, reading has only been used for school purposes, my roleplaying has also dwindled and I haven't been playing a lot of video games lately. My baking skills haven't even budged during the summer and through college. Though I'm trying very hard to change that and force myself to make time for the things I love.

And I'm hoping that I will make many new friends in HOL and not get so lost at the stair cases. Or jump when the painted pictures start sneezing or talking to me. I guess that's one thing that'll always give me a bit of a jump.

I don't know if that's much of an introduction but that's pretty much all I have to write. Thank you for taking the time to read!
Nodoka Phoenix
No broom

Post by Nodoka Phoenix » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:58 am

My name is Nodoka Phoenix, and I am an ickle-firstie in Ravenclaw. I found this site through a friend of mine, and thought it would be very fun to give it a try. I live in the States, in the state of Ohio. I am 30 and have two sons, both of which are my life. I'm earning my Bachelor's degree in History. I follow the ancient Japanese path of Shinto, and love Japanese mythology. I am going to start taking Japanese language this Autumn term which starts here in a couple weeks.
Blessings!
N.

No cities, please. -Cosmo
Last edited by Nodoka Phoenix on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikhail Suracuse
No broom

Post by Mikhail Suracuse » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Konichiwa all!

My name is Mikhail Suracuse, and I am a first year Gryffindor. I've been trying to get involved with a lot of things. I'm a writer for the Paw Print, a member of the Cheerleaders' Den in the Pen Pal Club, and I'm a member of the Book Club. I'm also taking 5 classes this term. I want to earn my house as much points as I can!

In RL, I'm 19 and in college. I'm trying to become a published author and am currently on my first book. I absolutely love anime and everything that goes with it.

That's all I really have to say, so send me an OWL if you want to know more. I love making new friends.

Sayonara!
| Mikhail Suracuse | Second Year | Paw Print | GQT |
| Zee's Guardian Angel | Joey's Slave | Eno's Princess | Ro Ro's Dork |
Riyo Ongaku
No broom

Post by Riyo Ongaku » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:48 am

Hullo there! I'm Riyo Ongaku and a first year Ravenclaw. :D

I'm signed up for my classes and very excited about everything. :3

IRL, I'm 21 and currently working at Burger King trying to save money to move down to where my boyfriend is living. When there I hope to get back in school. :3

And I'm not really good at writing intros. XD

Last edited by Riyo Ongaku on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlaine Flimel
No broom

Post by Charlaine Flimel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Charlaine Flimel. I am a Gryffindor first year, and I am so very excited to be here! I have trying to get involved around HOL as much as I can. I have entered the HOL book club, because I love to read. I am also looking into joining the Pen Pal Club, in fact I am registering today! I have also joined the IRC, and I love it. I love being able to meet my new classmates and fellow students. As for classes, I am taking five classes this term, and I can't wait to start earning more points!

That's my HOL persona. As for RL, I am a 21 year old college student from the United States. I will be graduating soon with a degree in Elementary Education. I have many interests that include reading a good book, watching even better movies, playing softball, and hanging out with my friends and family. Well, that's about it! Hope you all have a very nice day! :)
Raven Luna
No broom

Post by Raven Luna » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Raven Luna, a first-year Ravenclaw - even though I joined in January 2008. Unfortunately, RL school kind of got in the way of HOL and I had to take a bit of a sabbatical. The rewards were great though - I recently graduated with a Masters degree in information technology, specialization in systems design and programming. And now that I actually have free time due to no school - I'm back in school via Hogwarts. :lol: Everyone calls me the "eternal student".

To make things even better, I work for a university in California as a computer lab manager and technician - helping over 1200 students and faculty in the college of architecture. The best part of the school year is Halloween, when staff and faculty dress up as HP characters and run the department as though we were at Hogwarts.

I love HOL and wandering the halls or hanging out in the common room and doing homework. Feel free to drop me a note and say "hi".

:D
Nick Fenty
No broom

Post by Nick Fenty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey guys,

I am Nick and I am currently a First Year. I got sorted into Gryffindor, which I am happy about as it is the house I felt I should have been in, and the house I wanted tobe in, so it was a good start being sorted into Gryffindor.
In Real Life I am located in the UK.
I love to read. I am also a web designer/programmer, other hobbies include computers, swimming, ice skating, skiing, horseback riding, sports etc..
I love to read all sorts of books, action, fiction etc... and of course JKR :)
Well, you could say I am not very good at the introduction things, but if you would like to know anything else, feel free to send me a eOwl or a HOL Message.

Thank you
-Nick Fenty
Ariel Kingston
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ariel Kingston » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:32 pm

what a bunch of awesome first years! *lures you to the slytherin dungeon with muffins*

Aww to bad your moving Isabel there aren't many texas in hol (is a texas currently) but I guess I'll see you around the dungeon!
Kissa McMeow
No broom

Post by Kissa McMeow » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi all *waves around*

My name's Kissa McMeow, and I'm a first year Ravenclaw. Apart from cats (which I love dearly although mine has stayed in France with my parents :( ), I like all sorts of things, such as the usual reading, watching tv, listening to music and shopping, and also learning new languages, which comes out great since that's what my degree is all about!

I'm 24 in real life and live in England (one step closer to Hogwarts - yay!) since September last year for my studies.

I'm pretty lousy when it comes to introductions, so I'm going to stop there, but feel free to PM or mail me, I love meeting new people!
Kaylen Cooper
No broom

Post by Kaylen Cooper » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 am

I had a sudden, inexplicable desire to come and introduce myself!

But then I thought, "Kaylen, love, why not let them guess!" and I was all, "Like, whoa, totally!".

Unfortunately, no one guessed! So now I must post myself. Pfft.

*posts self to a random Professor*

haha. Yes. ;)

My name, if you haven't guessed, is Kaylen Cooper. I'm a First year Slytherin, and this isn't my first barbeque. Lucky for me, though, there haven't been any here! So seeing I am new, let's just write all the insanity off as damage to the head.

I love to read, and I adore talking to people. If you catch me live, though, don't be surprised if I don't say much; unfortunately I have this odd nature of being shy unless I know you. Then you can't shut me up. If you send me a PM, though, or some other form of contact where I get to write long posts such as this one.. well, be prepared.

Be very prepared. Which, incidentally, is something I need written on the front of my clothes, so that I can give warning to all those that talk to me!

It seems to be popular for others to go on about this "real life" thing... seriously, I'm curious as to what this is! Never heard of it. Don't think I want to, either! Though, I do hail from the land of Australia, and am of the male persuasion.

You never would have guessed. ;)

I... can't think of anything else! That's, like, totally normal. Don't worry.

-Kaylen Cooper,
First Year Slytherin

Note: Slytherin for a reason
Another note: I love friends!
More notes: Why does everyone look at me funny!? D:

...I'd add another note, but my notepad seems to be missing! *stares*
Last edited by Kaylen Cooper on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slytherin | First Year | Argentum Cruoris
Lucinda Swan
No broom

Post by Lucinda Swan » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:27 am

Hi everyone! I'm Lucinda Swan, a first year Gryffindor. I live in Australia, and I am really excited to be on HOL! I have already started earning house points! Yay! I love listening to music, watching movies, and......wait for it.....Harry Potter! I really look forward to making new friends, from all houses, so drop me a PM, and I'll get back to you when I can! Bye!

Last edited by Lucinda Swan on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naise Puentes
No broom

Post by Naise Puentes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:41 am

hiya!!

I'm Naise Puentes, slytherin's first year, and I'm really looking forward for this year!

I love to read, I love sports, and I like all kind of music!

I wanna meet a lot of people from all over the worl and I wanna travel around the world! I'm mexican and I speak spanish and english and a little of french

well that's all

take care eveybody!

best wishes
me
Blood for blood
----°----°-----°-----
You can't lose something you never had
Innamorata Highs
No broom

Post by Innamorata Highs » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:31 pm

So, about myself ?
Sorted out in Slytherin I feel like being where I belong. I'm just as evil as good actually, or just as mean as gentle and mostly both of them at the same time so it is rather hard for people to really get to know me. I speak a lot but I don't always tell the truth, at least I'm honest about it. I'm a sincere person really, the world is just filled with stories I feel the need to tell, make up, difference, change and adapt to what would be the best story...
Think you know me now ?
WRITING IS THE FREEDOM OF THE SOUL
Nick Ford
No broom

Post by Nick Ford » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 pm

*walks in and looks sheepish*

Woops...looks like I never replied to this, but I'm Nick Ford (Real name is Nate) and I also love to watch Heroes and Lost. I love animals (I own 3 cats). I'm 15 years old, lets see...what else...nope can't think of anything ! My favorite colors are green and blue, I love to read, and I don't really have too much taste in music
Michelle Crookywizard
No broom

Post by Michelle Crookywizard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:38 am

hi everyone,

I'm Michelle.. I'd like to be your friends :)
Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ely Granger » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Hello ! I'm Ely Granger and I'm from the beautiful Italy. I'm 13 years old and I'm taking 3 classes : Fairy Folklore, Oceanology and Acàdemie de Magie du Beauxbatons.
I love reading, cats and collecting things !
Last edited by Ely Granger on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------
Hermione Nadine Gillonder
No broom
Location: Ravenclaw, values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit!

Post by Hermione Nadine Gillonder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:31 am

Hi, I'm Hermione (Er-MY-oun, please) Nadine Gillonder (Gill-ou-n-deeh), I'm new student in HOL. I'm Ravenclaw frist year. I haven't take any class and I love music, read, write, art, guitar, and Taylor Swift! :-)
I'm Indonesian and love to making new friends!

"Here in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Those of wit and learning
will always find their kind."

[/size][/color]
Allegra Finn
No broom

Post by Allegra Finn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 am

Hi there! I'm Allegra Finn, first year Ravenclaw. I've been a member of HOL for a couple of weeks now but I haven't really been spending all that much time on the forums. I'd like to make some friends and take some classes before real life becomes too hectic later in the year. I'm quite shy but I'm also excited about all the things to do :D
Allegra Finn
Second Year Ravenclaw
al1188
Annabelle Avril
No broom

Post by Annabelle Avril » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi Everyone!!!!! :lol:

I'm Annabelle Avril. I'm in first year in Gryffindor at HOL school and I hope to graduate to the next year. I love art media and listen to music all kind of music, magazine and making new friend. :D
Last edited by Annabelle Avril on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Great Hall”