The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Kaellan Johnson

Post by Kaellan Johnson »

I'm Kaellan Johnson, first year Ravenclaw. I love to read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are my favorites. I'm really surprised by the sorting..I thought I would be put into Hufflepuff (not that I'm complaining /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )
Issie Astrea

Post by Issie Astrea »

hey all im issie i live in sydney australia, right now im im going into year 10 aaaah
oh well ... yea.. hi again
Liz Randerson
No broom

Post by Liz Randerson »

Hi everyone! *Waves* I'm from Singapore /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. A first year and a PROUD gryffindor!!
*huggles* Thanks Ilo for the sig!
- Liz Randerson- li488- Second Year- Pink hamster named Pluee
- Gryffindor- Proud Lion- Gryffs Awards Committee- Insama Tent
- Dragon Heartstring, Cedar, 13 inches- Right wand hand- Troublemaker
Elizabeth Kingsley

Post by Elizabeth Kingsley »

Hi, I'm Elizabeth, and I'm a first year Ravenclaw. Basically, I live in America, namely California, and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Dusk Sathien

Post by Dusk Sathien »

Hey people!

The name's Dusk Sathien and I'm an unsorted Newbie amongst the ranks. I'm loud, proud, extremely sociable and up for a chat with anyone, anytime /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I love all kinds of things - movies, music, reading, writing poetry, playing playstation, and soccer and rugby. I live in New Zealand, land of LOTR and the All-Blacks, though I'm originally Middle-Eastern.

Adios amigos /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Dusk
Tains Kendris
No broom

Post by Tains Kendris »

Hello Hol,

My name is Tains Kendris. Currently I'm a novice of no house >.< Obviously. I was welcomed to the School by Emma & Rames via AIM. And i hope i'll enjoy my stay here.
Tains Kendris|Ta500|Ravenclaw|Set by Hena@Sigpalace
Alanna Pendragon

Post by Alanna Pendragon »

Well, my name is Alanna Pendragon, and I just recently joined. I cannot wait to sign up officially. Even though I have not been sorted, I am confident that I will be sorted into Ravenclaw. If not, I guess I'll have to get Morgy to change my sig... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Oh well.

Feel free to IM or PM me, whatever. I can't wait to get to know people here. Check out my profile for a little info on me.
Jared Weasley
No broom

Post by Jared Weasley »

Hi everyone! i just signed up! i just looked around a bit and this looks like a great site!
Pixa Jaderhys
No broom

Post by Pixa Jaderhys »

'ello, 'ello! The name's Pixa Jaderhys, I'm a 15-year-old novice as of yet... I'm from Florida, USA. Applause for sweltering heat and humidity practically year-round! Er... or not. My main internet endeavour is finding new HP sites and such... and I somehow managed to stumble upon HOL sometime last month. I immediately read the entire handbook and decided to sign up as soon as possible. So here I am.

I can't wait to get more involved with HOL. I'd love it for anyone to PM or IM me. I'm online quite a bit these days and I'll always talk.
Siggy made by Sig 'n' Av Palace
Minako Tallen
No broom

Post by Minako Tallen »

*waves* i'm new too and would like to say hello to everyone. I'm very excited about being here. I can't wait!

*group hugs* /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oh, and I've read the handbook a lot of times - at least each time I came here; lol. It looks all awesome, and can't wait!

Edited for double posting. -Hari
Last edited by Minako Tallen on Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

*LOL* You know...in the entire time I've been at HOL, I've NEVER actually introduced myself here? *LOL* Oh my...oh my!!!

ANYwho...I'm Angelus Darklost!!! *hears a chorus of "Hi Angelus" arise from the peanut gallery* I'm a Ravenclaw...and amzingly, I've FINALLY graduated to Second Year status. *woot for Animal Mythology*

As for what I like and things of that nature, I'm an avid fan of all things Medieval and Renaissance related (especially heraldry and heraldic design). I have many more interests that I could ramble on about, but I'll just point you nicely to my profile and the little section called "Interests".

I also have this fascination with llamas, especially purple ones, or ones named Bob (who wears a kilt). Unfortunately, Bob likes to run amock and I think I've lost him somewhere between the Hufflepuff Common Room and the Quidditch Pitch. [[So if you DO see Bob, let me know, OK?]]

What else? Hrm. I've received my PhD from Animal Mythology, so I guess that would make me a Doctor, right? [[OK, maybe not...but...it's the thought that counts.]] I also am a big fan of Ickle Firsties (which I need to work on that icon) and hanging out in the IRC channels.

OH!!! And I *LOVE* dark chocolate. I can be easily bribed by dark chocolate. Dark chocolate and Diet Mountain Dew. Yupyup...the breakfast of champions!!! [[Or at least, for me most days...]]

Lemme see, I guess that's all I can think of at the moment. Anyone with Yahoo IM or a LiveJournal can either E-Mail or PM me if you would like to chat more that way; otherwise, you are all encouraged to torture...I mean torment...I mean talk to me on IRC!!! *whee*

*runs back to IRC and tried to avoid being flung into the lake by Leah's new trebuchet*
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Narcia Bellamy
No broom

Post by Narcia Bellamy »

I've been eagerly awaiting July 1st ever since I heard about this site this past winter. I'm looking forward to being Sorted, but I'm also nervous ... I have a favourite House; what if I don't get into it? *bites nails* I'm sure I'll be fine, though ... I'm really looking forward to class, and I hope to be a Professor one day.
Juniper Raynbrown

Post by Juniper Raynbrown »

Hello, everyone! I'm incredibley excited that registration is finally open...I've been waiting for quite a while!

I'm an internet-oholic, WeasleyFan, avid reader, Tim Burton lover, and high school senior. I'm not sure which house I'll be in quite yet (although I do have a secret wish as to where I'll be put)...I hope they get the Sorting Hat up and running soon.

I'm also excited to get to know everyone here, especially other newbies in my year!
Avi Cohen
No broom

Post by Avi Cohen »

Hey everyone! My name's Avi, and I'm a newbie. I'm proud of my newbie status. I've been looking forward to register for months, since at least last year. I'm a transfer student, so hopefully we can get all my paperwork settled (I hate paperwork sometimes) before classes start in the fall. I'm really excited about joining... ya, ya...you've heard it all before.

I've gotten started with the registration, but I'd like to purchase a new wand. Ya know, one that has chosen me, not the the other way around. Can anyone recommend a good wand shop?

In real life, I'm starting college in the Fall. I enjoy being online, though I do it way too much. I'm hoping to cut it down to just an hour or two a day when I start college (enough time to HOL/email/IM/chat/message board/livejournal- it up!) but I'm not sure exactly I'm going to accomplish that goal. Any ideas? In that past, I've been known to enjoy surfing (though I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like), music (i even started an internet radio station!), webdesign, photography, and other fun stuff.

I have to say, though... there is A LOT of information out there about HOL... almost too much to handle at once. Is anyone else feeling this as well?

Narcia, I'm nervous too... I'm in the same boat! What if I don't get in!

Oh, and for the record? The key to my heart is a walk on the beach and sushi. Especially the sushi part...
B'ahavah (with love),
Avi Cohen

Maggi Arceneaux
No broom

Post by Maggi Arceneaux »

Hi guys, I'm Maggi. I just got my entrance exam completed, now I'm waiting to be sorted. I'm from Louisiana (USA), and I'm 11 (RP age). My favorite things in life are hangin' out with friends and playing my guitar (it's a sweet first edition BC Rich "Bich"). I have 9 brothers and sisters (mostly brothers), and of them I'm the sixth. So anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Hacky-sack anyone?

In real life, I live in a big city in Louisiana and I'm about to start up college again in the fall as a Visual Arts major. I'm 22, married to the most wonderful guy in the world, and am (like little Maggi) obsessed with friends and my guitar. Little Maggi is based off of what I was like as a kid (ie-I have 12 brothers and sisters, but when I was 11 I had only nine, so little Maggi has only 9. It gives me a pretty good timeline to work off of.)
Last edited by Maggi Arceneaux on Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garnet Stardock
No broom

Post by Garnet Stardock »

Hey, everybody! My name's Garnet, and I'm waiting to be sorted. I don't mind which house I wind up going to, but I'm hoping for my favorite. I brought my cat with me for the term, which you can see in my avatar.

As for real life, I too am starting college this year. I never realised college books were that expensive. I currently have a job delivering pizzas, but that could change soon. In my spare time, I usually play RPGs or watch anime. One Piece is my favorite anime. If anybody wants to chat with me about anime or GenCon (which I'll be going to this year), feel free to PM me.
Last edited by Garnet Stardock on Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Sig 'n' Av Palace for the sig ^_^

Return to “The Great Hall”