The Topic For Introductions!

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Nessa Valrach
No broom

Post by Nessa Valrach »

My name is Nessa Valrach...aaaaaand, I'm a first year Slytherin. I'm 15 years old, I'll be 16 in November. I live in the States, and I love music, soccer, and playing the flute. I'm a female. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I love to read. I can come off kinda cold, but it's 'cause I'm shy. I love meeting new people, but I'm terrible at it. Aaaaaand...i'm looking forward to getting to know people n such...yes, that's all. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Elerronyar Morilinde
No broom

Post by Elerronyar Morilinde »

Hello everyone! I'm Elerronyar Morilinde, known in real life as Elerronyar as well /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> or, to most people anyway, Lina. I'm a crazy Lithuanian 18 year old ready to go off to college in beautiful, not so windy, drought-stricken, Chicago, Illinois. Been here all my life. The most moving I'm doing is actually living at school. Whoopie!!! (no sarcasm, I actually can't wait.....I'm one of those types of people who wished summer was longer to fit in everything that I actually want to do).
My interests includes movies such as HP, LotR, Star Wars, Star Trek Voyager (not a movie...tv series, but anyway), Dragonheart, The Patriot, Contact. Music, especially movie music, is my game- John Williams, James Horner, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, and newly added Yoko Kanno for Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Compled and Wolf's Rain- my favorite composers. Classical music is always awesome, but give me opera any day (La Traviata is #1). I also enjoy writing fantasy, though nothing ever gets finished.
In college, I hope to major in Biology and Psychology (hopefully passing to Astrobiology in graduate school). I plan to enroll in Japanese language and Archery along with any crazy groups. Not to mention that I have a hopeful spot in the orchestra......being a flutist and all.
Online? well, I like searching for anime stuff....since I'm new in that world.....Harry Potter (latest obsession again! yay!)....and rollplaying (yes, as Elerronyar. I'm attached to this name)

Right.....Elerronyar means Starchaser...........Morilinde is elven for nightingale.....but Starchaser is a more meaningful name anywho....posted a lengthy disertation about that in the What's in a Name topic? in one of the forums.

Righto. I think I'm done blabblering tonight /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />
~Elerronyar

Thanks to Ilona at the IDCardShop
Andrew Staples
No broom

Post by Andrew Staples »

Hi everybody, my name is Andrew and I'm a first year in Ravenclaw.

I'm looking forward to class sign-up, I think that the DADA1 subject on dark creatures sounds very interesting. I'm also thinking about potions and mexican history.
Isabella Kettleburn
No broom

Post by Isabella Kettleburn »

I'm Isabella Kettleburn, first year Ravenclaw and I am very excited to be here at HOL. As for my age, let's just say I'm about twice as old as many of you /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I love reading, so I'm always up for a good book discussion!
~*~Fourth Year~*~ Wand: 10" Sycamore, centaur tail hair core.~*~
Lourdes Rowan
No broom

Post by Lourdes Rowan »

Hi! My name's Lourdes, and I'm 17 years old from Pennsylvania, USA (I have every intention of heading to NYC, though). I'm a first year Gryffindor, and my interests include reading, listening to music, playing/watching tennis, travelling, and a whole lot else. I like to meet new people, so if you want to, feel free to PM me!
"You criticize and detest in others the faults you see in yourself or that you fear others see in you."
-Zachary Podolsky, Harvard Crimson columnist
Kaida Rever
No broom

Post by Kaida Rever »

Hello everyone
I'll start by saying the obvious... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> My name is Kaida Rever and I'm well, new here. I'm also 15-yr old(for the next 10 days /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />) first year Slytherin... Isn't Slytherin the best...You all agree riiiight? Well if you didn't you will from now on /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Alright, alright I'm just kidding.

It'll be great getting to know everyone.
See around the halls!

Kaida
Last edited by Kaida Rever on Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaida never gets in trouble...Because Kaida never gets caught.

Prof. Kath Snape
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Kath Snape »

Hello Everyone!
I'm Kath Snape. I'm a Hufflepuff first year. I reside in the USA, in the state of RI. I love anything Harry Potter, but my most favorite things, besides my books, are my Harry Potter lego blocks. I am an oldie, 57 years old. I hope to attend classes here at HOL in Sept. and meet some real nice people. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Prof. Kath Snape - Teacher of Potions For Beginners & Advanced Potion Making

WE WILL ONLY DISCOVER EXCELLENCE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF HARD WORK!!

HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD OF IT

WAND - 8.50" Oak and Phoenix Feather
Isabel Hutchins
No broom

Post by Isabel Hutchins »

Hi my name is Stephanie and i am from Sacramento California and i am 14.

I love Harry Potter anything and my freinds and other people.I hope to make lots of new freinds and attend alot of Classes and just have fun.
Last edited by Isabel Hutchins on Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allyssa Soar
No broom

Post by Allyssa Soar »

Hello everyone, I'm a first year in ravenclaw[though I'm 12 in real lif,so I would be in second year in real life if hogwarts was real =D],I love drawing, mostly animals and mystics like owls, falcons, pheonixes and dragons =D, I'm good at drawing too,I like soccer, I play videogames[starfox,pokemon,fighting games,ect..],I sometimes ride my bike.[you know I never knew there was such thing as a girl or boy bike,but there is /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />],So hi! ^.^
Deiniol Murphy
No broom

Post by Deiniol Murphy »

Hiya!

I'm Deiniol from England. I'm a first year and a member of Hufflepuff house /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Looking forward to having fun here!

TTFN!!
Mahalia Naramore
No broom

Post by Mahalia Naramore »

Hello....

I'm Mahalia Naramore, but IRL I'm Traci. I'm 19yrs old and live in Michigan, USA. I'm a first year Slytherin (my favorite house).

I *heart* harry potter rpgs, so this should be fun. I've never been a part of a site soooo big before, but we'll see how everything works out.

Nice to meet everyone..

PM me if you're bored... I love talking with people /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Sonra Allen
No broom

Post by Sonra Allen »

Hello! I'm Sonra Allen; a 1st year Ravenclaw. I'm from the capital of WA, USA. I love animals and own a hamster, a zebra fish, and a bronze cory. I also enjoy reading with my favorite books being Erin Hunter and Tamora Pierce books. I have a brother in Slytherin but I prefer not to mention him.
Hamlet Silverleaf
No broom

Post by Hamlet Silverleaf »

Name: Hamlet Silverleaf
House: Ravenclaw

In reality, that's not my name, & I'm turning 19, but I'd rather not be using my real name, & at my age I'd have left Hogwarts already.

Hamlet Silverleaf is actually a character I'm devoloping for a sort of Harry Potter spin-off (fanfiction) that will probibly never be shared or even properly typed, she doesn't attend Hogwarts, she attends an American school called Everdrought, in the house of Noir.

I won't lie, I don't know how active or inactive I'll be on this site, but it seems interesting, so I figure I'll give it a shot.

No links please! Edited to remove. -Kim
Last edited by Hamlet Silverleaf on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
REALITY CHECK FOLKS: If you were to really go to Hogwarts, you wouldn't be able to lie your way into whatever house you thought was coolest, and if you tried, you'd end up in Slytherin.
Elski Brightwater
No broom

Post by Elski Brightwater »

Hello! M'name's Elski, and I'm a first year student in Gryffindor. I'm typing this from Southern Ontario, where I spend my days reading, writing, browsing the internet and indulging in my various and often changing Obsessions, with a capital 'O', the most recent being Harry Potter cosplay. (I have the skirt, shirt and a passable vest, and I'm ordering the tie today! *fangirl squeal*) I can draw acceptably, but what I really love is getting in image from someone else and then fiddling around with it in photoshop.

So... hi! *waves*

Edit: Additionally, I can't spell to save my life and the typo fairy seems to have me targeted personally. *goes back and runs her post through a spell-checker* There, I think I got them all.
Last edited by Elski Brightwater on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" When writing a novel that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: 'House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day.' "
- Neil Gaiman
Sofia Silhouet
No broom

Post by Sofia Silhouet »

My name is Sofia (on HOL and in real life too). I am a first year in Gryffindor. I am 15 and live in the state of CT. I love shopping, horseback riding, going to the beach, going to wild parties, and other things like that. My favorite of the Harry Potter books so far have been Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.

I hope I get to know a lot of you!
Thanks to Cho Delacour @ Sig N Av Palace for my signature and avatar!
Wand: Unicorn Hair, Mahogany, 8 Inches
Daniel Fawkes
No broom

Post by Daniel Fawkes »

Hi everyone!!! My name is Daniel Fawkes I'm an eleven year old, Hufflepuff student.
Jupisan Matthews
No broom

Post by Jupisan Matthews »

Hi Im Jupisan Matthews and Im old /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Always wanted to join a hogwarts type of thing. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I live in the USA. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Im in Ravenclaw.
Last edited by Jupisan Matthews on Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquelyn Eden
No broom

Post by Jacquelyn Eden »

Jupi? From DLAA? Tis me, TheOneAndOnlyME!!

HI everyone. I'm new here too. Ravenclaw. Pure-blood, but does that matter?

I'm Jacquelyn, Jacquelyn Eden, please to meet ya. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Wand:14 1/4 inches from a yew tree, with a kelpie bone core
House: Ravenclaw
Pet: Cat named Kermit
Amanda Dubois
No broom

Post by Amanda Dubois »

Hello, I'm new to HOL, my name is Amanda Dubois. I am a first year Gryffindor. I will be 15 in September. I live in the USA, in New Jersey. I love to swim, play tennis, play music, and just have fun. I hope to learn alot this year and make some new friends. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Wand: 13 1/4 inches from a spruce tree, with a kelpie bone core
HOL House: Gryffindor
Year: 1
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Favorite Character(s): The Marauders

Remeber, Life is no fun unless you live it

Return to “The Great Hall”