If Not Hogwarts...

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

If Not Hogwarts...

Post by Emily Spencer »

If you were unable to attend Hogwarts, which other magical school could you see yourself attending and why?

Personally, if I couldn't attend Hogwarts, my alternate choice would be Erehnoll, which is located in Northern Ireland. I won't lie and say that the main draw isn't the location (it's Ireland, people!), but I like their division of houses (House Rookclaw all the way!!) and the fact that they offer Irish Mythology as one of their courses as well as some of the more common ones like Charms, etc.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Re: If Not Hogwarts...

Post by Evie Figg »

Considering I live in North America, I believe I'd feel comfortable attending Ilvermorny! It wouldn't be as far away from my family as Hogwarts is, so summers home won't be too long of a journey.

I'd also LOVE if I was sorted into Wampus house, as the magical creature 'wampus' is one of my favourites :wub:
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I live in Africa so I would probably go to Uagadou School of Magic (Uganda). If I could choose, I would go to either Castelobruxo (Central Brazil) or Mahoutokoro School of Magic (Japan). I love the uniqueness of these schools and think I would fit in fairly well. But Hogwarts will always be my first choice.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I live in North America, so I would likely end up going to Ilvermorny. Though I am unsure which house I would belong to there, I would think it would be either the Horned Serpent or Wampus house.
River Fenwick
No broom

Post by River Fenwick »

I'd likely end up attending Ilvermorny because of where I live, though I like to think I could weasel my way into Durmstrang. The books depict the school as co-ed rather than an all-boys school in the films. I'd hopefully have a chance since they're willing to let in international students, though they've never accepted from that far away before. I'd love to learn the Dark Arts from a school that embraces it so heavily in their curriculum.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”