Devastation in Harry Potter

Discussions About the Harry Potter World
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Devastation in Harry Potter

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed May 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Slytherin hosts a Harry Potter Read-Along; currently they are doing Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Arianna Stonewater asks questions based on the current chapter being read. (Scarlet Leslie-Lewis puts in a couple of discussion questions, for each chapter, too.)

I'd been cruising along, answering questions correctly (sometimes I had to look them up) and then, of a sudden, I hit a chapter which Arianna was kind enough to poke me asking was I SURE I wanted to send that in for an answer?

Thing is, I'd read the chapter (okay, cruised it lightly .... skimmed it .... okay, bounced off high-lights here and there) and I wondered 'why am I having difficulty with this chapter?'

Then I knew. Ah. This is where Sirius Black goes through, falls through, the archway. Not only that, the way it is written, the actions of all the people of that particular story line, of everything that happened, combined to make it one of the most shattering things, that I'd read so far, to happen.

I remember reading this and feeling devastated. For me, I don't know why, this is probably the most devastating moment of the whole series of books.

Is there a moment, in the series, when you read it and felt devastated? (Or moments in which you felt that way?)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”