Mystery Story - Discussion

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Mystery Story - Discussion

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Do you like to read mystery stories? What is a favorite of yours? Do you have an author who writes and you read everything by them? Or is there a particular genre you follow, and you read books which fall within that criteria? Do you have a favorite detective?

OR

Have you read mystery books and then seen a movie which was allegedly of that story? Did it follow the story or not in the movie? Have there been more than one makings of a movie for any particular story which you have seen and prefer one or the other? Tell us!

(One that occurs to me immediately is Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express!)

OR

There are some really awesome G-rated mystery series written. These include Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Roman Mysteries and Murder Most Unladylike. Have you read any of them? Did you like them (or dislike them)? How do they compare with the books which don't have a G rating? Is the story good, the suspense good and ... the MYSTERY of it good? Do you think it would be possible to write actual crime stories for younger audiences?

Earn 10 Beans for replying below. If you write about all the options, you earn Beans for all! You have until the end of the month to earn your Beans. (To earn full Beans, your answers need to be at least 100 words long.)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Re: Mystery Story - Discussion

Post by Amy Smith »

I have read a lot of mystery stories and I really like to read mystery stories.One of my favorite mystery stories would be ''The Famous Five" "Angels and Demons and "Sherlock Holmes" . Apart from the books written by Arthur Conan Doyle I also like books written by Dan Brown and also the books written by Enid Blyton and I am not saying that I only like these author's I even have other author's whose books I like to read. In mystery related books I personally like these authors.No, I don't follow any particular genre or any books that follow in that particular criteria. My favorite detective is definitely 'Sherlock Holmes'.

Return to “Book Teasers”