Book Teasers - Riordan Research

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Book Teasers - Riordan Research

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Reading these books, or even reading a synopsis of them, you might have encountered an aspects of the books which really sticks out for you. What is it? Was it a bit of prose in the book? Something that the people said? What about the different places which were visited? Tell us here. You can write about it or show a picture.

If you write about it, please make sure you have at least 100 words, saying what it is and why you really like it. If you post a graphic, make sure it is 600x600 or smaller. Describe what it is underneath (for those of us who might not recognize it) and say why it is a favourite thing of yours.

Earn 10 Beans for replying below. You have until the end of the month to earn your Beans.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Re: Book Teasers - Riordan Research

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

However did you know that I am currently reading Riordan?! ^_^

I actually took a picture of a page from The Red Pyramid about a week ago:

It says: In fact my dad says the modern pharmacist's symbol, Rx, is a simplified version of the Eye of Horus, because medicine is supposed to protect you. We were taught that early on in pharmacy school, but it is always nice to see reminders of it.

Also, one of the "answers" for Jeopardy! last week was asking for the person who discovered King Tut's tomb. I automatically said "Carter" and Cody asked how I knew. "It was in the book! The kid's name is Carter."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Book Teasers - Riordan Research

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Yes, somehow I knew you were reading The Kane Chronicles! That's sort of what got me started re-reading them.

This is something which really got my attention -- and might be a reason why I prefer The Kane Chronicles ...

image shows a partial page from The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan (page 26).

The words which caught my attention are: "I forced myself to focus, and I spoke the most powerful of all divine words: "Ma'at." The hieroglyph burned in front of me--small and bright like a miniature sun: (followed by the hierglyph/symbols for Ma'at) "
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Teasers”