The Hero and the Crown * Part 2 - Chapters 18 - 25

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

The Hero and the Crown * Part 2 - Chapters 18 - 25

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Graphic shows picture (painting) of a man, Luthe, holding Aerin; he is standing hip deep in water and they both appear to be drenched. Luthe and Aerin by FaNtAsYzMaRiOnEtTe

Did the final part of the story come as a surprise, or even a shock, to you? Or is it something which you felt 'had to be', based on what had happened earlier in the book?

Please remember to include spoiler tags where necessary.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: The Hero and the Crown * Part 2 - Chapters 18 - 25

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I think I expected the end to be the way it was with Tor and Aerin. However, what I didn't expect was Maur's revenge from the grave so to speak. How they got rid of his head was kind of funny. There was also another time switch when it came to explaining her father's death which through me off for a minute, so I had to re-read a few pages to understand what had just happened. I don't think I expected her father's death, but I did expect Tor and Aerin to marry and to become king and queen at some point.

I'm glad people look at Aerin better now, and since she's kind of not mortal now, I have to wonder when she will see Luthe again. I imagine the training she does with the children and Talat's children play into The Blue Sword perhaps. I am very curious about what happens next, so I may try reading the first book. I hear it's more straightforward.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: The Hero and the Crown * Part 2 - Chapters 18 - 25

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Shiloh Adlar wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:26 am I think I expected the end to be the way it was with Tor and Aerin. However, what I didn't expect was Maur's revenge from the grave so to speak. How they got rid of his head was kind of funny. There was also another time switch when it came to explaining her father's death which through me off for a minute, so I had to re-read a few pages to understand what had just happened. I don't think I expected her father's death, but I did expect Tor and Aerin to marry and to become king and queen at some point.

I'm glad people look at Aerin better now, and since she's kind of not mortal now, I have to wonder when she will see Luthe again. I imagine the training she does with the children and Talat's children play into The Blue Sword perhaps. I am very curious about what happens next, so I may try reading the first book. I hear it's more straightforward.
Oh, yes. I forgot that one part where there is a time switch about her father's death. I'm sorry! That thing about Maur's revenge - that, to me, was so scary. He's STILL THERE. I wonder if his head was sort of like a horcrux, in which a part of him could exist?

Ah. Luthe. Well. I think if you try The Blue Sword, you will have an easier time reading it than you did with this one. Thank you for continuing to read it, Niffler!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Teasers”