When You Reach Me - Things That Smell - The Third Note

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

When You Reach Me - Things That Smell - The Third Note

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Changes have happened in Miranda's life. Some are happy and some are sad. What's going on? The mystery thickens.

What did you think when you read what the first note said? What's going on with Calvin and Sal and Miranda? How did you feel when you read of some of the things which happen?

Remember to use the spoilers tags if you are discussing specific events of the book.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Re: When You Reach Me - Things That Smell - The Third Note

Post by Katelin Ross »

I decided to continue reading the book even though it is not in the targeted date range, I hope this is okay.

I wonder about these notes, and I wonder about who is sending them. Does it have to do with the stolen key? I was sad when Miranda and Sal stopped hanging out together. They have been friends forever!

Also, more A Wrinkle in Time plot twists thrown in. It also makes me wonder if this will play a role in the notes or in the furthering of the story plot. I also wonder how this all relates to the Pyramid game.

As Tarma stated, the plot thickens!

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Katelin Ross wrote:I decided to continue reading the book even though it is not in the targeted date range, I hope this is okay.
It's absolutely great, Katelin! Go for it!

Seems like you are reading it fast, like I did. Once I started it, I kept reading and reading and really enjoying it. :D
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

The notes are interesting but also freak me out because it's stalker-ish. I'm thinking it has something to do with time travel now. Lol maybe it's her future self or something. I don't know.

I like that Julia is trying to help Miranda understand Annemarie. She's stuck up but it does seem like she really cares.

I'm not sure about Sal yet. I think he's going on his own journey, but I think he's important somehow or the whole Marcus punching him thing and the closeness he had with Miranda growing up wouldn't matter.

I really like where the book is going. It's hard when I'm reading to people and have to stop.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

There is something in this section which I loved.
Mom says each of us has a veil between ourselves and the rest of the world, like a bride wears on her wedding day, except this kind of veil is invisible. We walk around happily with these invisible veils hanging down over our faces. The world is kind of blurry, and we like it that way.
But sometimes our veils are pushed away for a few moments, like there's a wind blowing it from our faces. And when the veils lifts, we can see the world it as it really is, just for those few seconds before it settles down again. We see all the beauty, and cruelty, and sadness, and love. But mostly we are happy not to. Some people learn to lift the veil themselves. Then they don't have to depend on the wind anymore.
[ ]
I've thought a lot about those veils. I wonder if, every once in a while, someone is born without one. Someone who sees the big stuff all the time. Like maybe you.
'
In addition to that, there is more and more mystery building up. Also, somehow, a sense of 'scary' is building up. A gradual build-up of tension, very well done.

Return to “Book Teasers”