Post by Zen McGregor »

The trailer is OUT!

Let's talk.

Tags:
Ivorie Windton
No broom

Re: [OFFICIAL TRAILER] Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by Ivorie Windton »

I'm so excited that they are going to be at Hogwarts, even if it is just for a little bit. I miss Hogwarts. I'm also excited how Nicolas Flamel turns out in this movie since we have heard so much of him and have never heard his story.
|8" Vine and Dragon Heartstring|iv810|
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist »

Thank you for reminder! I have been waiting for this trailer eagerly for some time and as Ivorie said I am very fond that the happening was going to be in the Hogwarts at least for some time. It is always fun when meeting old characters from different views and at different ages, so I have no doubt that this will be magnificent.
Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton »

I know some people are not happy with the choice in young Dumbledore, but I actually like it. We are all so used to the older version that we forget he was young.
Zen McGregor
No broom

Post by Zen McGregor »

I absolutely love that we do get to see Hogwarts during Newt's time. Also, at the first sight of young Newt, I thought it was Eddie Redmayne with make-up, but that boy is brilliant! The gestures, the facial movements, the awkwardness Eddie presented, he nailed it. I am also completely on board with Dumbledore. He is sassy, I like that. And when he said that he himself cannot go for Grindelwald and that Newt has to do it, it got me wondering whether it was because Tina disarmed Gellert in the last movie.

I don't understand why Dumbledore, seeing he was Transfiguration teacher during Dippet's headmaster time, teaches DADA and Boggart class. I guess it remains to be seen. There were lots of symbolics related to Deathly Hallows throughout the entire trailer and in the final title as well!

The last thing that left me "shook" is that Nicolas Flamel is actually pronounced as a French name. And he does look good for an almost 400-year-old alchemist.
Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton »

Zen McGregor wrote:I absolutely love that we do get to see Hogwarts during Newt's time. Also, at the first sight of young Newt, I thought it was Eddie Redmayne with make-up, but that boy is brilliant! The gestures, the facial movements, the awkwardness Eddie presented, he nailed it. I am also completely on board with Dumbledore. He is sassy, I like that. And when he said that he himself cannot go for Grindelwald and that Newt has to do it, it got me wondering whether it was because Tina disarmed Gellert in the last movie.

I don't understand why Dumbledore, seeing he was Transfiguration teacher during Dippet's headmaster time, teaches DADA and Boggart class. I guess it remains to be seen. There were lots of symbolics related to Deathly Hallows throughout the entire trailer and in the final title as well!

The last thing that left me "shook" is that Nicolas Flamel is actually pronounced as a French name. And he does look good for an almost 400-year-old alchemist.
I actually read an article about this! Many fans were asking why Dumbledore was teaching DADA instead of Transfiguration and apparently JKR said that at this point in his career he was teaching a different class. Maybe he was only in this position for a short amount of time. Honestly I have always had a feeling that Dumbledore had a pull towards the Dark Arts (in his early years) even though he has been depicted as a hero type. Maybe DADA was just to tempting for him and he had to move into a more "neutral" class... Again just guessing of course.
Zen McGregor
No broom

Post by Zen McGregor »

Ivorie Windton wrote: I actually read an article about this! Many fans were asking why Dumbledore was teaching DADA instead of Transfiguration and apparently JKR said that at this point in his career he was teaching a different class. Maybe he was only in this position for a short amount of time. Honestly I have always had a feeling that Dumbledore had a pull towards the Dark Arts (in his early years) even though he has been depicted as a hero type. Maybe DADA was just to tempting for him and he had to move into a more "neutral" class... Again just guessing of course.
That does make sense. Or she just messed up and came up with an excuse, it can be both, lol.
Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton »

Zen McGregor wrote:
Ivorie Windton wrote: I actually read an article about this! Many fans were asking why Dumbledore was teaching DADA instead of Transfiguration and apparently JKR said that at this point in his career he was teaching a different class. Maybe he was only in this position for a short amount of time. Honestly I have always had a feeling that Dumbledore had a pull towards the Dark Arts (in his early years) even though he has been depicted as a hero type. Maybe DADA was just to tempting for him and he had to move into a more "neutral" class... Again just guessing of course.
That does make sense. Or she just messed up and came up with an excuse, it can be both, lol.
Haha! I was actually kind of thinking the same thing, but after all, the world is hers, I guess she can change it as she chooses.
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I finally got the chance to watch the trailer this morning. I’m really excited to return to the wizarding world and learn more about the various characters’ backstories.

Some highlights from the trailer for me were catching a glimpse of Frank, Newt’s Niffler and Jacob’s comment of “You don’t look a day older than 375” to Nicholas Flamel.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

The Final Trailer is Here!!!! Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Have you seen it? I'm still screaming inside. Also, a theory has been proven true. Go watch for a reveal that will give you chills. If you post anything below from the trailer, please use spoiler tags as it does contain a couple major spoilers.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: The Final Trailer is Here!!!!

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I just watched it.

:o

Well, if you had a theory about 'that' ... wow. That never did occur to me ever.

I do like Newt. There is such a conciseness here -
"Do you know why I admire you, Newt? You do not seek power. You simply ask 'Is the thing ... right."
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Yes! I'm so excited for all of the magic and special effects!!

I'd heard that theory before, but I had always thought it silly. Why would she choose to live as a snake? But then Pottermore released this article explaining how she is a "Maledictus’.... a carrier of a blood curse which will ultimately destine them to transform permanently into a beast" and that totally makes a lot of sense! I also totally forgot about Nagini being at Bathilda Bagshot's house....
Collette Sloane
No broom

Post by Collette Sloane »

I was a little too excited to see the newest trailer I think. As for the thing everyone is talking about...

I'm holding judgement for what the Nagini spoiler actually means to the series. We don't have any real information yet, other than the fact that Nagini is a maledictus. I cannot wait to see how she ends up living as a snake and what all it means.

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”