Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

The official area for all Cursed Child discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I was sort of idly glancing through the posts in here and had a wondering. Will there be a sequel to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Are there any rumours to that effect -- and are they valid?

What would you feel about having a sequel, and going more into the story as it was 'left' at the end of the play? Is this something you would look forward to reading (and seeing) ^_^ or is it something which you would avoid like the plague <_< -- or something in-between?

I think a lot of people are not fans of Cursed Child because of the story which it shows. Many feel it is not in accordance with the Harry Potter books which are already in existence. However, there are some definite fans out there (I am one of them) who were sort of bewildered, then delighted, when the story played itself out.

How do you feel about the possibility of a sequel? Is it something "devoutly to be wished" or is it something which would be "a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours"?
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Tags:
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: Will there be a Sequel to Cursed Child?

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

I am kind of done with Harry Potter's story, but definitely not the world! I'd love a story based at one of the other schools, or a RAB story, maybe something more about the founding of Hogwarts?

Cursed Child was ok, it just didn't fulfill the (admittedly high) hopes I had for it. I wish JKR had consulted and pushed for more so that the characters might be more true to what she had previously written
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist »

I agree with Ariana, because I do not want any story that is about Harry Potter anymore. He is such a legend and I do not prefer risking his amazing stories for something that would spoil everything. So Harry Potter is done for good, so he can stay something now trivial, but a classic book. But I would love to hear anything new from magic universe (more like Fantastic beasts, Quidditch through the ages).
Cursed Child was fun reading, but I was not deeply moved like at other HP books.
Apolla Witwill
No broom

Post by Apolla Witwill »

I think that the Wizerding World is better portrayed on the big screen rather than a play, for the possibilities of special effects are near limitless. I think JK Rowling should make one of these two things:
[*] A one season TV show, which follows the story of the Marauders during their time at Hogwarts.
[*] A completely different story that takes place in one of the Wizerding schools besides Hogwarts, Ilvermorny, Durmstrang and Beauxbaton.
A P O L L A W I T W I L L
Celeste Farhorn
No broom

Post by Celeste Farhorn »

I personally didn't much care for the Cursed Child write up of the screenplay, and have yet to see the theatre production, though that doesn't mean I will not keep an open mind. I hope to see more of Scorpius and James as they are honestly my favourite characters within the book. In a way, I hope there will be a sequel because it would be interesting to have answers to questions such as what the heck happened to the Trolley Lady on the Hogwarts Express?! It's been a while since I've read The Cursed Child and I only read through it once, so the details are kind of hazy, but a part of me also wants to re read it to get a better comprehension of it. I'm hoping there will be a sequel to it though, because it would broaden the ideas that gave life to the original concept. Alternatively, a big part of me would prefer it if there were no more stories pertaining to the world of Harry Potter, as there are already an extensive amount and it would seem that they are just grasping at straws at this point. So as you can tell I'm pretty much in two minds about the idea of a sequel to the Cursed Child.
Sybil Sinclair
No broom

Post by Sybil Sinclair »

A lot of my friends have told me not to watch it. Can you tell me what its about and where I can watch it?
Oliver Granger
No broom

Post by Oliver Granger »

I have seen Harry Potter & The Cursed Child and it was an incredible experience. My favorite scene is the dementor scene where they fly towards you face! If you see it make sure you watch BOTH parts
I would have preferred it to be a movie but hopefully they do that as well. I'm not sure about other countries but you can see Harry Potter & The Cursed Child in Melbourne Australia, but it might be postponed because of Covid. :D
~ Oliver Granger Ravenclaw 1st Year B) :)
Harper Cecilia Blake
No broom

Post by Harper Cecilia Blake »

I would LOVE a sequel! Anything for the series to continue!
Olive Granger
No broom

Post by Olive Granger »

I personally don't want the sequel to come out as I think the the book is not a as splendid as the other books and frankly I don't want them to drag the story on as what Harry Potter is right now is enough. Even if the sequel is to come out I would not want it to follow Albus and Scorpius and Rose and make them the new Harry ,Ron and Hermione because that is just wrong..
Nova Wheeler
No broom

Post by Nova Wheeler »

Arianna Stonewater wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:47 am I am kind of done with Harry Potter's story, but definitely not the world! I'd love a story based at one of the other schools, or a RAB story, maybe something more about the founding of Hogwarts?
I had never thought of the idea of a story based at one of the other schools, but I would honestly LOVE it. I agree that there are many rabbit trails left in the Harry potter world, and I think most fans would jump at those stories. In terms of a sequel I'm not the biggest fan, but I would be open to seeing it!
Andromeda Beauchamp
No broom

Post by Andromeda Beauchamp »

I resonate with Arianna Stonewater's sentiment about being done with Harry Potter's central narrative, yet still enamored with the wizarding world. Exploring tales set in other magical schools or delving into the backstory of characters like RAB could offer fresh perspectives. The concept of a sequel, particularly one focusing on Albus, Scorpius, and Rose becoming the next golden trio, doesn't quite align with my preference. The original Harry Potter saga holds a special place, and extending the story risks diluting its magic. I'd rather embrace new narratives within the enchanting universe, discovering unexplored corners and hidden wonders.

Return to “Cursed Child”