Mercury - Mythology

Moderators: Prof. Maxim Trevelyan, Arianna Stonewater

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Mercury - Mythology

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Mercury is a major god in the Roman pantheon. He is the god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence, messages, communication, travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery, and thieves and serves as the guide of souls to the underworld.

What are some of your lucky possessions or concepts? Take a photo of the item or make a graphic representing it. If you are not comfortable sharing your lucky items, share a famous one from your culture. You can also write about it, in which case, please do so in 100 words or more. Be mindful of HOL rules and that anything on the photo does not reveal your real-life identity or specific location.

Post your text, photos, or graphics below (keep it 600x600 or less) by February 28th, 11:59 pm HOL time to get 20 Hoots and 50 beans.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Re: Mercury - Mythology

Post by Iverian Gnash »

One lucky item I have would be my Luck Potion necklace Sky sent me! I wear it all the time and I can assure you it brings luck on those days! I also have a young cousin who saw it the first time I wore it and was overly fascinated with it. :lol:

Image shows a necklace with golden luck potion and a tag on the top of it that says 'luck'
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

One lucky charm I have is my Merlin necklace, given to me many years ago by my mother. She knows I love all things Arthurian, so this was quite fitting. Whenever I have to give a class or make a presentation, I am sure to wear this to give me luck and a sense of confidence.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

20 Hoots and 50 beans go to Emily Spencer and Iverian Gnash!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Creative Outlet”