September – Picture Perfect

Maxim Trevelyan
Comet 140

September – Picture Perfect

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:47 pm

One of the photographers stops you on your way to preventing another catastrophe and asks you to help them. You are known for being very knowledgeable about Muggles, so they want you to go with them to gather photos for a very important piece on Muggles and their fascination with magic.

Trail the photographer and take a picture of something Muggles might mistake for magic. Make sure to include a sentence or two explaining why you think so. Your photograph must abide by all HOL rules and be of your own creation.

Post your photograph below (600x600 or less) by September 30th 11:59 pm HOL time to get 20 Hoots and 50 beans.
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Re: September – Picture Perfect

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:30 am

Those lovely flowers are called Evening Primroses and I believe Muggles could mistake them for magic because these flowers actually bloom right after dusk and stay in bloom all night. In the morning, all the bloomed flowers fall off as if they were never there. Even having watched them do this for years, I still find it magically.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Amy Darvill
No broom

Post by Amy Darvill » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:53 pm

We had a late snow/ice storm last year, just after my favorite tree had started to bloom. I thought sure all the blooms were gone. But like magic, they were not only still there, they were crystallized. Honestly, they look like sugar-dusted confections fresh for the plucking. And what's more magical than that?
"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." ~The Doctor
Emily Spencer
No broom

Post by Emily Spencer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:07 pm

The mushrooms and the surrounding area look almost primordial, which, in itself, evokes a bit of magic. In addition, they reminded me of a place where fairies would gather, or even in fairyland itself. It screams 'magic forest', at last in my opinion.
" Cissy, put the boys in the cellar! I'm going to have a conversation with this one, girl to girl."
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:41 am

I have no idea what this is so it must be magic, right? There's simply no other explanation! :lol:
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:57 pm

This rose somehow got amongst the Muggles. They named it 'The Magician', because they could not otherwise explain how the rose opened up with different colours, and then, while blooming, changed to even other colours.

Photograph shows rose buds, one of which is about to open. The one about to open shows tightly furled petals of gold, red, scarlet, orange and meldings of those colours. The few leaves showing in the photograph also have different colours, being of a medium green-grey with dark purple-red around the edges.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Maxim Trevelyan
Comet 140

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 pm

20 Hoots and 50 beans go to:

Amy Darvill
Emily Spencer
Polaris Black
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Vanessa Tilley

Return to “Creative Outlet”