January Prompt-New Beginnings

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Comet 180

January Prompt-New Beginnings

Post by Emily Spencer »

Happy New Year, everyone!

Time to throw out the old and bring in the new. (And frankly, with the year we've had, I am pretty darn glad of that fact B) ).

You have several choices with this prompt:

Option 1:
Find a book that contains 'new' in the title and redesign a cover for it.

Option 2:
Find a book about new beginnings (This could be a journey, move to a new location, the field is wide open here) and design a new cover reflecting that new beginning.

Option 3:
Find a book that you want to read this new year and design a cover for it. Kudos if you also state why you want to read it.

Reminder: Please keep your graphic to 600x600 or smaller, and write a brief description underneath what the graphic depicts.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: January Prompt-New Beginnings

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

The girl in the book like red colour and she often wear red clothes.

The Lady in Red by Arleen A. A book that I want to read this year and hope I will be done before 2021 ends! I want to read it because a friend of mine told me that the main character remind him of me, then he got me curious about the book :)
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

This is a redesigned book cover for 'Humans of New York' by Brandon Stanton. The background of the book featured photos of different people and in the middle, there's a square with the title and the author.
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I’m hoping to read Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracey Kidder this year, which is about doctor and anthropologist Paul Farmer. I’ve always be been interested in the medical field, though only recently started reading related books. I also studied anthropology in university, so this book should be right up my alley.

The cover depicts an illustration of a winding river, trees and several mountains against the sky, all with green shades. The title Mountains Beyond Mountains is in a serif font and the subtitle The quest of Dr Paul Farmer, the man who would cure the world is in a sans serif font. Both are white and sit in the sky portion of the illustration. Tracey Kidder is in the same serif font as the title, also in white, and sits against an expanse of trees.

Return to “Ink Splatters”