Prompt: Superself Names

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Prompt: Superself Names

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

In The Neverending Story we learned about the power of words, and most importantly, the power of names: name the sword and it will be yours, give the Childlike Empress a new name to sort things out, name the new forest, name the colored desert… Names, names, names!

Names are part of our identity as well! For this prompt I would like to come with a new name for yourself. Think about is as a superself name! With that new name, how would you look like? Which would your superpowers be? How would you dress?

Please make a drawing or graphic that shows your superself name, and share your work replying to this thread. Remember to keep everything HOL appropriate, adhering to all HOL rules, and keeping your submissions 600x600 pixels or smaller.

You'll earn 20 beans for completing this prompt as well as it counting towards the chance to snag our shiny Ink Splatters award.

There is no deadline as such for these prompts but if you’d like it to count towards your chance of earning the award for a specific year, we’ll need it by the end of that school year. If you’re comfortable sharing, then post below. If not, email your image and description to us via hol.bookclub @ gmail.com (without the spaces).
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: April Prompt: Superself Names

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

This isn't an original drawing of mine, but I saw it today and remembered this topic -- so am putting it in anyway! I realize it will not count, Gus. :D

Name? ... BookWyrm? (because Wyrm is dragon ....)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Name - Falcata Rionne (Family name is first, Rionne from Mad Maudlin by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill)

Superpowers: 1) able to see the false without calling it true 2) the ability to choose otherwise 3) a knack with animal-people & 4) ability to fly

Probably wear dark clothing, and blend in the shadows at will. Otherwise wear dark clothing or 'blending in' clothing and just do my thing, not caring if I'm noticed or not.

Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 4/22.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Name: Panacaea

Superpowers: Healing all diseases in the world with a splash of magic and green leaf dust.

I would wear a lot of green since it is a healing color and would have a flowery, leafy crown on my head.
Last edited by Prof. Gustavo Flores on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT 7/07.2018: 20 Beans sent - Gus
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Ink Splatters”