Where the Magic Begins

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Where the Magic Begins

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

Harry wished he had about eight more eyes. He turned his head in every direction as they walked up the street, trying to look at everything at once: the shops, the things outside them, the people doing their shopping. A plump woman outside an Apothecary was shaking her head as they passed, saying, "Dragon liver, seventeen Sickles an ounce, they're mad...."

Harry Potter was told of the magical world long before he stepped one foot inside Diagon Alley. However, even he thought it was all a dream, until he, together with Rubeus Hagrid, arrived at the busiest magical place in London for his school things.

It is quite safe to say that seeing Diagon Alley marked a time that Harry really started believing in magic and his story truly began.

Think about where the magic began for you in the series, depict it through any medium (photoshop, hand drawing, collage,...) and post your submission as a reply to this thread.

Please keep all submissions 600x600 or smaller and adhere to all HOL rules.

Written by Maxim Trevelyan
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Where the Magic Begins

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I decided to draw the Sorting Hat scene because I felt this scene had a lot of self-power in it. I loved how the hat debated Harry, but Harry knew that he didn't want Slytherin even if the hat told him he could be great. He chose Gryffindor for himself and in turn, set into action his whole course throughout his years at Hogwarts. I also loved the floating candles. I used to imagine what the enchanted ceiling would like in the Great Hall. I couldn't draw it though, so I did a ground view instead.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Ink Splatters”