BBC 500 words

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

BBC 500 words

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

I'm not sure if people in the UK are aware but BBC Radio 2 has launched its 500 words short story writing competition. It's open to 5-13 year olds from now until Feb 25th. Most of us are too old for this contest but I'm sure a lot of you have/know kids who might want to take part. All the info can be found on the 500 words website.

I'm definitely too old to enter the contest but I was having a play around on the website and came across their random word generator which is meant as a starting point for those who lack inspiration. It might make a nice challenge in this forum to click the robot and write a short something using the words generated. It wouldn't have to be 500 words but it might be fun to do anyway... admin I'll leave this one to you!
Slytherin forever
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Re: BBC 500 words

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

This sounds like a great initiative!

I’m all for encouraging people to write more, so anyone on HOL is welcome to try their hand at this, and post their stories below.

If you can, try aim for 500 words, but otherwise anything from 300-500 words would be accepted. Please also include a link to a screenshot of the words generated by the robot.

Looking forward to reading your stories!

Return to “Quill and Ink”