Where is this library?

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Where is this library?

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I just saw a picture of a library and ...................... it's so beautiful, so awesome, so wow.

Where is it?

rough and partial description of picture - it is so filled with everything .... Picture shows what appears to be a room that might be in a library. The first floor has wooden tables and carved chairs at the table; an ornately carved door (closed at the moment) seems to be the way into the room. The room appears to have a dark green flagged stone floor. Along the walls are books shelved in built-in wooden bookcases. The ground (first) floor is open (appears to be open to the ceiling) with bookshelves lining all the walls. It has 3 floors showing, and the spiral staircase going up to the different levels appears to be of an ornately decorated metal. The corridors along the 2nd and 3rd floors, where the books are shelved in wooden bookcases, have the same ornately decorated metal railings - perhaps to keep a person from creating a splash on the flagged stone below.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Re: Where is this library?

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Vanessa Tilley wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:28 pm I believe that is the Municipal Law Library in Munich, Germany.

https://www.getunderlined.com/life/10-l ... -to-visit/

http://www.thomasgeist.com/featured/law-library-munich/
Yes! Thank you. :D That looks like it!

I see only the floor looks different ... but the wrought iron and everything else, the doors, they all look the same.

Isn't it gorgeous? And thanks, Vanessa. \o/
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Elena Galatas
Moontrimmer

Post by Elena Galatas »

Some of my favorite things to do are to look at pictures of elaborate, beautiful libraries. There are so many amazing and phenomenal looking libraries out there, and I want to visit every single one. I think one of my favorite libraries would be the one at Trinity College in Ireland. I really want to visit it.
Elena Galatas // Seventh Year // Ravenclaw // Dr. Who Enthusiast // Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic
Comic Book Geek // Perpetually in love/obsession with Chris Evans and Colin O'Donoghue
]
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Elena Galatas wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:45 pm Some of my favorite things to do are to look at pictures of elaborate, beautiful libraries. There are so many amazing and phenomenal looking libraries out there, and I want to visit every single one. I think one of my favorite libraries would be the one at Trinity College in Ireland. I really want to visit it.
And you didn't post a picture? <_<
Elena Galatas
Moontrimmer

Post by Elena Galatas »

I can do you one better! Here is a 4 minute video about Trinity College! The student (and the interior of the library) can be seen inside at 1:43. I seriously want to visit this library.

Here, though, are also some great pictures:
Last edited by Elena Galatas on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elena Galatas // Seventh Year // Ravenclaw // Dr. Who Enthusiast // Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic
Comic Book Geek // Perpetually in love/obsession with Chris Evans and Colin O'Donoghue
]
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Elena Galatas wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:24 pm I can do you one better!
Smarty pants!

Yes, you did. ^_^
Elena Galatas
Moontrimmer

Post by Elena Galatas »

]

Return to “Between the Pages”