No broom

Re: Magical Merge

Post by Anna Snape »

really laughed...

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

We are reading The Princess Bride right now -- and I found this something else (and what I found Amy is shrinking to make it to be within size limits) ... but in the meantime I found these!

The two pictures show
1) Bellatrix Lestrange and Lord Vodemort from last movie of the series, where they are in the Forbidden Forest
"The boy, is he dead?"
2) Miracle Max, hands on bellows, grinning -
"It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead."

Have you found any Harry Potter/Princess Bride mashups to put in here? (Please do remember the 600x600 limit for graphics.)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

link
From tumblr:

abstractedthinking said: *this may sound a bit strange* Can y'all sum up each house by only using ONE gif from The Princess Bride?

hogwartshousehabits responded with:

Gryffindor: "We are men of action. Lies do not become us." - Westley
Hufflepuff: "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you." - Inigo
Ravenclaw: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo
Slytherin: "Life is pain, anyone who says differently is selling something." - Westley

kmart1885 replied with: This is the best thing I have seen all week.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

pictures in three rows
Top row shows Gandalf saying "Here are your missions, boys ..."
Second row shows -
Frodo - "Frodo, destroy the ring.
Harry Potter - "Harry destroy the Horcruxes.
Luke Skywalker - "Luke, bring balance to the Force."
Third row -
(Cedric Diggory) Edward Cullen - "And Edward ..."
Gandalf - "Just stop sparkling, my son."
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

From the audio description for Doctor Who, series 10 episode 5 "Oxygen"
The TARDIS apparates at the end of a corridor
Have a feeling whoever wrote that audio description script was a Harry Potter fan!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Image shows Gene Wilder from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, where he has 'that smile' on his face.
Words:
Oh, you've seen the Princess Bride?
Please, quote the entire movie.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

picture shows
Katniss Everdeen, standing, facing forward, in 'Catching Fire' outfit including quiver and bow + (plus symbol) Hermione Granger standing, facing forward in Hogwarts outfit = (equals sign) picture of Katniss Everdeen 'body' with Hermione Granger face and Hogwarts shirt and tie but the rest of the 'Catching Fire' outfit
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Fortunately for me there is a lot of written material for that which is referenced -- otherwise I'd not know where to put it (movies?)

Image shows David Tennant (Doctor #10 in Doctor Who) wearing a brown t-shirt which has a picture of a Dalek on it.
Words above the Dalek "OMG, it's R2D2". Picture of Dalek. Under picture of Dalek "I loved him in Star Trek."
Prof. Zenix James
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Zenix James »

I have one!

Obviously Harry Potter and Doctor Who.
Born This Way| Music <3|Book Lover

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.
Prof. Zenix James
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Zenix James »

I love this! Also, you must have seen the movies to understand the references.
Born This Way| Music <3|Book Lover

Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Just in time (almost) for October's book! Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones magical merge ...

Image shows three pictures, one above the other. Two women talking with each other. In top picture, a red-haired woman says to dark haired woman "Remember what father used to say?" Second picture down, dark haired woman responds "One does not simply walk into Mordor." Third picture, the camera has drawn back and it shows the two of them standing in a graveyard, looking at snow-covered headstones. Dark haired one says "I know! Like, what is Mordor?" and the red-haired one replies "Yep. Weird man."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Ah. Well, this is now on a t-shirt .. --- Fantastic Beasts and Doctor Who mashup.

Image shows -- on left side what appears to be a male child (cartoon, not accurate) standing in a suitcase, his body shows from waist up. He wears a blue coat and brown vest and has tousled light brown hair and his arms are thrown up in a glee/excitement attitude. On right side is a man standing in open doorway of an old-fashioned telephone box. He wears a long brown coat, with a blue suit underneath and his right hand holds up what appears to be a sonic screwdriver. He has dark brown hair, part of it is sticking sort of straight up. Both of them are shouting "IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

There is discussion of different people in lesson 2 of the class The Her in Hero, and I started wondering about another Harry Potter/Hunger Games merge.

This is what I found that some brilliant people came up with --

Image shows words The Potter Games (with Harry Potter silvery font) on a stormy stormy background.

and
Image shows a circle (like that for Hunger Games) but in the center of the circle, instead of the Mockingjay carrying an arrow, is an owl carrying a broomstick. Under the circle it says "District 9 3/4".
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Image shows sign with these words written in different fonts and sizes, using different shades of gold and browns, on a dark dark brown background -- "In this house we believe in magic. We have epic adventures Through Middle Earth to Mordor. Once upon a time & in Galaxies far far away. We do wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff while going where no man has gone before. We solemnly swear we are up to no good & that The odds are ever in our favor. We manage mischief. Do the truffle shuffle and have fun storming the castle. We don't care what Muggle think in this house. We do Geek."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Image shows Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter, on Hogwarts grounds, facing each other, intent expressions on their faces.
Harry says: "I know what you are. You're impossibly fast, and strong ... your skin is pale white and ice cold ...
Edward: "Say it! Say it out loud. Say it."
Harry: "Polar bear."

*image credit to ICANHASCHEEZBURGER*
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Doctor Who had, itself, a moment of magical merge with Harry Potter here ---

gifs made by Cosmo
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Image shows Elrond, Gandalf and Bilbo standing in a building in Rivendell.
Elrond is looking at a piece of parchment. At top of image are words: "This is the strangest map I've ever seen." Towards middle of image "Footprints are walking around with names written under them." followed by "And where in Middle Earth is "Hogwarts"?"
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Scene:
First picture of two -- The Burrow. Ron, Harry, Arthur Fred, George and Percy (with bedhead) are eating at the table. Molly is off to the left at the oven (or stove). Words written in picture -- "VWOOP WWOOP" and all the persons at table look to something a little to the right of the camera.
Second picture -- Molly leaves the stove and appears to be looking in the same direction, focusing as if looking out a window. "Oh, that must be the Doctor again." ('Doctor' is capitalized.)
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black wrote:Speaking of Twilight and Harry Potter merges ...

This is amazing and i'm cracking up! Hahaha..
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

Tarma shared this in #hol and I just had to put it here. Too good not to share..

Return to “Between the Pages”