The World of Book Lovers

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

The World of Book Lovers

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 am

I just saw this and laughed and laughed.

Graphic shows a cartoon "Things Book Lovers Do".
Each of these has an illustration with it showing a person, a stack of books, or a person with a book or books.
Read several books at one time...
...while also having a stack of books to read next ...
...and keeping a running list of even MORE books you want.
Feel happy when you remember you get to read your book later.
Feel sad and lost when you finish a great book.
Pause to appreciate a beautifully written sentence.
See the cover of an old book and be transported back to your youth.
Find joy and comfort in rereading a favorite book.
Walk into a library or bookstore and say ... "I could live here!"

Have you seen any graphics, or heard any jokes, about the world of book lovers?

Post them here! Please keep any graphics to 600x600 or smaller.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emily Spencer
Oakshaft 79

Re: The World of Book Lovers

Post by Emily Spencer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm

" Cissy, put the boys in the cellar! I'm going to have a conversation with this one, girl to girl."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:55 pm

That's great, Emily! :D (I just bought a bunch of books and have, literally, no where to shelve them. I'm going to have to do some major rearranging!)

I just saw this ... and yes, it's part of the world of book lovers - it's a book store! (Question - Anyone know? Is that the Barnes & Noble 'indication sign'? It looks very familiar to me but I've not been in a B & N for ... far too long ...)

Picture shows shelving in what appears to be a book store (or library) and the sign perched on top of the shelving says "Mystery". Virtually all of the books of the top 4 rows (of 6) are shelved with their spines on the inside of the shelf. No titles/authors visible. Just the fore edge, and front and back cover edges (the side opposite to the spine) are visible. Words at bottom of picture: WELL PLAYED.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:14 am

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be a dragon....then always be a dragon!" - How to train your dragon
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:45 pm

click for larger image

Graphic shows profile view of young girl, dressed in cutoffs and summer top, walking and reading a book. She has dark hair which is tied back into a knot on the top of her head. Words shown
"I met a dragon face to face the year when I was ten, I took a trip to outer space, I braved a pirate's den, I wrestled with a wicked troll, and fought a great white shark, I trailed a rabbit down a hole, I hunted for a Snark. I stowed aboard a submarine, I opened magic doors, I traveled in a time machine, and searched for dinosaurs, I climbed atop a giant's head, I found a pot of gold, I did all this in books I read when I was ten years old. - Jack Prelutsky"
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Graphic shows picture of a child (profile view), sitting in a chair, with colourful blankets and pillows piled up on and behind her/him. The chair appears to be 'outside'. Snow is coming down and sticking here and there. The child wears a knitted hat and a jacket and gloves and is intent on reading a book. Plant pots show behind and in front of the chair. Buildings loom in the background. The sky is a greyish, pale, purple.

Words above the child "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. Mason Cooley"

Return to “Between the Pages”